What would you like to see in GMCP?

Comments

• Oleis said:

I see. Thanks for clarifying. Because a lot of that is being clarified in the carni revamps, I still get it twisted in my head how the current model works.

Actually a lot of Carnifex confuses the shit out of me. That's part of why this revamp has taken so long.

I'll make sure whatever we have makes sense.

Don't worry, it confuses us too.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    edited June 2014
    Yeah, @Oleis, I meant the resource that Carnifex use to power Deathlore abilities, not the Soul level that they draw on like Blood to kill a target with Soulthirst. Sorry, I should have clarified, considering.

Edit: Also thank yooooouuuuuu again for in-lining Flay. tytytytytyyyyyyyyy

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

Ishin
  • is gmcp Momentum for Teradrim going to be fixed? At moment it just stays at the same number?
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Nalor said:

is gmcp Momentum for Teradrim going to be fixed? At moment it just stays at the same number?

Well, since you asked so nicely..

Also added voting.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    Ashmer
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    I would like a wench counter please. To track wenches with.
    AshmerStathanSlypheTrager
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    Draiman said:

Ferrik said:

- All the different balances. (like stated before, but also including 'specials' like shadow)

This would be really nice. As is I just spam things in Syssin, but that's annoying/not pretty.

Ashmer said:

On the list of Things That Would Be Seriously Useful in GMCP:

Syssin illusion balance.

Thank you! Y'all rock!

Ashmer said:

pls2be illusion balance

Pls?

"You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

Ashmer
  • SheirosiaSheirosia Sheffield, UK.
    Bug #1800, please?

Regards,

A hopeful person.
    Ashmer
  • Apologies if this has been posted already, but:

SHOUTS
    EMOTES
    PREMOTES

For the comm channel.

I requested gmcp based channel capture from Galleus before gmcp existed (using a different band of telnet protcol). My reasoning was: to make capping emotes for rp logs easier. He said YES! That's so easy and a great idea.

Years down the track we finally have gmcp comm channel.

And it's great. Buuuut...

It captures everything except the ones that were difficult/impossible to capture by triggers. I feel like - what's the point if it doesn't include those three?
  • and YELLS ^ ...

Also Momentum ,changelog says fixed, game says no!
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    I wouldn't want emotes to run through comm.channel, personally.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

SheirosiaZsadist
  • why @Daskalos it makes it easier to put into a comm window so with spam you get to see whats said
    Because a comm window is only so big and some people type 40 line emotes.

"If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• True but you dont have to capture the emote part ... Its like why do shouts? As Do you want to capture idiots who do pointless shouts then hide in the city? .. lol
    I'm not opposed to it, I'd just rather it be like... Aetolia.emotes than comm.channel. Like an Aetolia subset.

• can we get GTS on .comm, or have it better shown instead of << >> or sometimes just :: completely invisible :/
  • 1. You choose which channels in the comm channel to actually capture. You don't want emotes? Don't capture them.

2.The comm channel is not just useful for sending communication to a chat cap miniconsole. You can also write to text files - that is, log just that stuff. Consider alias:
    rplog start
    rplog end
    with the result being a nicely formatted text file ready for pasting into the forum, no prompts, purely the channels you wish in your rp logs, and a blank line in between each item.

3. Creating a whole new gmcp module is an IRE wide process. Choosing which channels Aetolia does or doesn't send is, correct me if I am wrong @oleis, up to the Aetolian producer and therefore much easier to actually implement.

AshmerHaven
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    Irruel said:

1. You choose which channels in the comm channel to actually capture. You don't want emotes? Don't capture them.

2.The comm channel is not just useful for sending communication to a chat cap miniconsole. You can also write to text files - that is, log just that stuff. Consider alias:
    rplog start
    rplog end
    with the result being a nicely formatted text file ready for pasting into the forum, no prompts, purely the channels you wish in your rp logs, and a blank line in between each item.

3. Creating a whole new gmcp module is an IRE wide process. Choosing which channels Aetolia does or doesn't send is, correct me if I am wrong @oleis, up to the Aetolian producer and therefore much easier to actually implement.

My name's Ashmer, and I endorse this message.

start rplog would be absolutely amazing and totally do-able, if these things came through GMCP.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

Ishin
    GMCP bloating. No thanks.
  • Sheirosia said:

GMCP bloating. No thanks.

It's not like Aetolia is constantly resending all of the GMCP messages at every prompt. How is this "bloating" gonna be a problem?
    I once killed a humgii, y'know.

JSYK she/her pronouns!
    It's adding yet more data to an already overloaded and badly implemented protocol.
  • If that's really a problem (though I don't see it since people don't emote in the middle of fights) then remove all the clans and org channels from gmcp, which can be triggered without even using regex, and leave the gmcp comm channel purely for the stuff you can't trigger?
  • edited June 2014
    I'd like to see other things that can easily be discerned via QL like:

-Room is Flooded
    -Sand or Overgrowth in Room
    -Outside or Inside
    -Soft earth (can be burrowed or dug)
    -Trees (can be climbed)
    -Icewalls/rubble/etc
    AshmerIshin
  • edited July 2014
    So it's been said repeatedly that all balances should be in GMCP. I'm starting a list.

- Nervine/Speed
    - Bone/Sileris
    - Jecis/Restoration
    - Skullcap/Sudorific
    * We get a writhing added to Char.Vitals, so why not these?

- Tattoos Crystal

-Avoidance Fortify/Nimbleness
    * When you can do the ability again, not a def warning that you're diverting/dodging well.

- Vocalizing
    * When you can queue a Vocalizing effect, not the timer for when those effects fire.

- Corpus Mend/Purify

All this is an easier way to illusion-proof to me. System building would be that much easier. -_-
    I mean, you know, an amount.

• OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Thank you for making a list! That makes it so much easier if we end up doing this.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
  • I would like to request a new GMCP attribute that contains the last command the Aetolia server has processed from the client. So, for instance, if I am doing a bloodborn ritual and send chant "blah" I can wait to see chant "blah" in that field before I send the next step.

The current solutions i've seen for the problem of sending commands too quickly involves timers or ping which are kind've ugly hacks. I don't think this would cause any gameplay issues, it should just make it easier to write a system.

Even better would be if we could have clients send UUIDs along with commands which we then could match to UUIDs returned in this attribute, so that repeated commands are safe too. That seems like a lot more work on both sides, though.
    Drahkuna
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Mordocai said:

I would like to request a new GMCP attribute that contains the last command the Aetolia server has processed from the client. So, for instance, if I am doing a bloodborn ritual and send chant "blah" I can wait to see chant "blah" in that field before I send the next step.

The current solutions i've seen for the problem of sending commands too quickly involves timers or ping which are kind've ugly hacks. I don't think this would cause any gameplay issues, it should just make it easier to write a system.

Even better would be if we could have clients send UUIDs along with commands which we then could match to UUIDs returned in this attribute, so that repeated commands are safe too. That seems like a lot more work on both sides, though.

If you're on mudlet you can do this client-side.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
  • Setne said:

Mordocai said:

I would like to request a new GMCP attribute that contains the last command the Aetolia server has processed from the client. So, for instance, if I am doing a bloodborn ritual and send chant "blah" I can wait to see chant "blah" in that field before I send the next step.

If you're on mudlet you can do this client-side.
    If you are talking about the event system, then no you cannot. You can see what the client sent last but you cannot see what the server received last.
  • TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    edited July 2014
    Unsure if it has been voiced, but what about personal fitness cooldown/balance.
    gmcp.Class.Vitals.fitness or some such, true if can fitness, false if on cooldown? Pretty please, @Oleis ?

EDIT: While in reality, it may indeed be a very easy thing to track, yes, but as someone pointed out in clan, it really does help to even out the playing field for higher ping people like mahself.
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

• LimLim
    edited July 2014
    Also, unique class balances like illusion, shadow, spiritwrack, etc.

Edit:
    Also, something to let us tell if the room is indoors and outdoors. It's a bit niche, but this is useful for laying agoraphobia/claustrophobia affs.
  • Lim said:

Also, unique class balances like illusion, shadow, spiritwrack, etc.

Edit:
    Also, something to let us tell if the room is indoors and outdoors. It's a bit niche, but this is useful for laying agoraphobia/claustrophobia affs.

Also would be useful to determine whether your Vampire character should be able to sit around in that room or not.