Small Ideas - AIN'T NO COMBAT THREAD

Comments

• ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    edited June 2014
    Locksmithing (keys, door painting, etc) would be a pretty cool talent.

As well as Bangiers so we can have percussive instruments.

Edit: ./just really wants more excuses to have her character incorporate 'banging' into life.
    ErzsebetPerilunaFurtum
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Maybe include sign making and a skill to paint a temporary message on a door or something, to flesh out the potential talent. And the ability to design/fashion locks because 30k is silly to pay. And then let us actually attach the locks to stuff without it breaking (I currently have a key to an invisible lock stuck to the floor of my office somehow).
    Areka
  • Skipped to the last page, so not sure if it's been suggested already, but I would love it if the built-in pathfinding respected waterwalking. Seriously. Please.
    Avatar courtesy of Eleanor. Thank you!
    ~~

~~
    Always interested in knowing how I'm doing!
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Melantha said:

Skipped to the last page, so not sure if it's been suggested already, but I would love it if the built-in pathfinding respected waterwalking. Seriously. Please.

Yes! I'm sorry. That's still on my whiteboard. I've had some struggles this week that have kept me from doing much. I promise I'll get that knocked out for you this week.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    IshinErzsebet
  • Much appreciated! Honestly wasn't expecting so quick a reply. My apologies!
    Avatar courtesy of Eleanor. Thank you!
    ~~

~~
    Always interested in knowing how I'm doing!
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Omei said:

We can only do ten varieties of doors, although the variety is okay (stone, wood, mithril, etc.). That's hardcoded and probably won't change. I think I might look into fancier keys, though they won't display when you unlock things. Still, should help differentiate which keys go where in your inventory!

Speaking of mithril doors, I abused a bug back in the Sentinel days and got behind the mithril door in fengard. Could someone finish that off or remove it? The wyvern spread across a couple of rooms lines with room description treasure doesn't quite fit the bill.
  • I want the 'putty' artifact to not reset to you, sort of like the artifact casks. That way you could mold your putty, set it somewhere, and then just leave it and have it as a permanent, or nearly permanent fixture.
    ErzsebetDaskalos
  • Can we get like "Nalor has lost the blank affliction' so monks can better track it since at moment its just guess work?

And Universe in tarot to be fixed, added more places it can universe to since its seems the ones it has are all near each other and with new areas now opened, seems a waste (im lazy i know)
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    edited June 2014
    Can we get a survivor game-like instanced bashing area that's unlockable/upgradeable with Haven points?

Example:

For 15 Haven points, you can unlock a portal in your Haven that'll lead you into an instanced area where you can bash that'll refresh every four hours. Each entry or perhaps after X amount of time, the area increases in difficulty like in Survivor games. Starting difficulty resets at the start of each in-game year.

For 5 Haven points, you can lower the refresh timer to 3 hours. For 10 (total of 15) additional points, lower it to 2 hours. For 15 (total of 30) additional points, lower the cooldown to 1 hour.

For 5 Haven points, you can increase or decrease the starting/default difficulty of the area by 1 level. (So if you upgraded to start at lvl 3 and your difficulty increased to like 7, the new year refresh would be at 3 instead of 1).

For 3-5 Haven points, you can increase or decrease the timer before next difficulty spawns.

For 10 Haven points, your area can begin dropping gold at a starting pool of 1,000 gold at the 3rd difficulty level. You can increase this potential pool to a maximum of 5,000 gold. (So if you got all the upgrades, you could potentially make 120,000 gold a day just bashing in your Haven provided you literally spent 24hours a day just bashing).

Difficulty levels could be 1-5, or 1-10, or whatever.

The mobs could also come in various sets and themes. Could even charge points to unlock various sets and themes to use like: Undead (skeletons, vampires, ghouls, etc), Fire (Wyrms, pit hounds, elementals, etc), Good (Priests, Angels, Paladins), etc.

These are just random numbers I'm throwing out there. Lots of different upgrades you can do.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    XavinErzsebetMoireanStathanWinterlynn
  • edited June 2014
    I would spend so many points on this.

Even if it functioned like Xaanhal and there were, say, 5 different possible areas with different sets of enemies. A high-level bashing thing like that would be really cool.

• Haven said:

Can we get a survivor game-like instanced bashing area that's unlockable/upgradeable with Haven points?

Example:

For 15 Haven points, you can unlock a portal in your Haven that'll lead you into an instanced area where you can bash that'll refresh every four hours. Each entry or perhaps after X amount of time, the area increases in difficulty like in Survivor games. Starting difficulty resets at the start of each in-game year.

For 5 Haven points, you can lower the refresh timer to 3 hours. For 10 (total of 15) additional points, lower it to 2 hours. For 15 (total of 30) additional points, lower the cooldown to 1 hour.

For 5 Haven points, you can increase or decrease the starting/default difficulty of the area by 1 level. (So if you upgraded to start at lvl 3 and your difficulty increased to like 7, the new year refresh would be at 3 instead of 1).

For 3-5 Haven points, you can increase or decrease the timer before next difficulty spawns.

For 10 Haven points, your area can begin dropping gold at a starting pool of 1,000 gold at the 3rd difficulty level. You can increase this potential pool to a maximum of 5,000 gold. (So if you got all the upgrades, you could potentially make 120,000 gold a day just bashing in your Haven provided you literally spent 24hours a day just bashing).

The mobs could also come in various sets and themes. Could even charge points to unlock various sets and themes to use like: Undead (skeletons, vampires, ghouls, etc), Fire (Wyrms, pit hounds, elementals, etc), Good (Priests, Angels, Paladins), etc.

These are just random numbers I'm throwing out there. Lots of different upgrades you can do.
    Love it. Love everything about it. However, how good/bad would the xp gain be? Similar to that of Xaanhal, no xp gain, gain similar to that of Arbothia?

Also, I don't think they'd set something up like this. Seems abit overly extensive for what they might wanna do. It would likely be a whole lot easier for them to just make a whole new bashing area or just decrease the Xaanhal instance timer.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    edited June 2014
    Zsadist said:

Haven said:

Example:

Love it. Love everything about it. However, how good/bad would the xp gain be? Similar to that of Xaanhal, no xp gain, gain similar to that of Arbothia?

Also, I don't think they'd set something up like this. Seems abit overly extensive for what they might wanna do. It would likely be a whole lot easier for them to just make a whole new bashing area or just decrease the Xaanhal instance timer.
    I'd make the XP gains dependent on the difficulty level. Difficulty 1 could be like...Fengard. Difficulty 3 would be like Arbothia. So on and so forth. The higher the difficulty, the higher the risk, the higher the reward. Maybe even offer an honors line or unique cosmetic flavor item for those that survive to the highest tier and kill the final mob.

Possibilities are nearly endless were this implemented. Plus while I wouldn't really utilize this option as I hate bashing, I like the idea because it'd definitely free up a lot of places for competition between endgamers/non-endgamers and lessens the pressure on the admin level too.

Edit: I'd also probably make it so you couldn't share. You can only enter your own portal. Or maybe even make that an iron coin artifact or charge a butload of Haven points to be able to enter other people's bashing portals. Like 100 Haven points (25 levels of XP).
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    ErzsebetZsadist
  • edited June 2014
    Can we get a line that notifies us when chalice timer drops?

Your double experience gain with a chalice has been lost.

Edit: Also, can the ylem orbs be given the same function like the book tat, in the respect that they don't automatically disperse on death, but instead removes some time from the defense itself.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• Can Potence automatically turn off when you run out of willpower or when a blessing ends, please? And really, can this situation apply to any on/off activated skills? It might be a small thing and rarely happens but not everyone is trans/knows...

Furtum
  • StrungStrung Halls of Hades
    edited June 2014
    Semi-combat idea... maybe to handle war fatigue, there should be no marching troops during winter. The active roster system was kind of meh imho but I think that people miss wars.

Bonus: We would have a reason to say "winter is coming."
    I am such an aaaalllphaaaaaarrrgh.
    AngweDemarcus
    Total War has your troops take attrition in enemy territory during winter
    Alice
    Could we get a cacheable pearl commodity? I'd like to be able to craft stuff with pearls, but the items you make can't go in crafting shelves, since pearls in stockrooms will decay.
    Ianea
  • Also, is there a reason bought coral isn't able to be put in the cache like most of the other gems?
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Some things can't be cached due to their root term also being a found object in game (like eggs) and how something about them conflicts.

It would be lovely if we could add goldbars (a commodity) to designs without having to outcache them. Grumpgrumpgrump.
    Erzsebet
    edited June 2014
    There are a few things that just haven't yet been added to the INCable list. I'm slowly compiling them all.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Bug # 8033 Archived[ ]
    Reported 2013/06/07 17:49:24 by Moirean
    Log:
    This is a player priority bug.
    Description:
    cooking: eggs, potatoes and loafs can't be INC'd like the rest of the cooking ingredients can
    2013/10/07 02:11:39 by Veritas:
    Moirean: 2013/06/07 18:39:07
    grapes, mushrooms, peanuts, peas also not going in

----------------------------------------
    2013/12/11 23:46:26 by Moirean:
    Some other common crafting items that can't be SHOPINC'd for use with templates: stone, tallow, flowers, lettuce
    2014/01/17 20:21:27 by Moirean:
    lettuce as well
    2014/01/17 21:17:50 by Moirean:
    can't be INC'd: candied kelp, vanilla orchids, black cherries, pomegrantes, eels, clams, puffer fish, oysters, shrimp, squash, bell peppers, radishes, sprouts, broccoli, chickpeas. These are sold in the stalls in Delos (12902 and nw from there)
    2014/01/17 21:32:32 by Moirean:
    flamecrystal as well
    2014/01/18 01:55:37 by Moirean:
    foraged herbs (cilantro, mint, bay leaf) and veggies (cucumber, asparagus, yam, beet)
    2014/01/18 01:56:48 by Moirean:
    claws (v10118)
    2014/01/18 01:58:08 by Moirean:
    pumpkins (sold by Urantotl, v10094)
    2014/01/28 17:15:22 by Moirean:
    Mussels, squid, crab, lobster, scallops as well
    2014/05/01 11:39:22 by Moirean:
    coral, soapstone, fallen star gems also can't be inc'd, despite being sold at gem shops
    2014/05/01 11:42:59 by Moirean:
    coral = lightstone emporium, delve, v33846. soapstone = gem house, spinesreach, v13707. fallen star gems = bloodstones parlor, BL, v21911. There may be more in these gem shops, but I ran out of cash >_>
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    Anything with the crystal or stone verb can't. Things that have a base item of 'gem' (a la Fallen Stars) can't either. Agates, too, because there are multiples.

Vanilla Orchids would fall under your flowercache, one would think.

Like 'reka said, that's why eggs and mushrooms don't, too.

The same-base thing leads to them all conforming into one kind of the same thing if they make it cacheable anyway. I.E. If you cache golden topaz, it comes out of your cache as blue topaz.

NOT sure why pearls don't. Maybe it's 'cause of magi-folding?
    imageimage
    Vanilla orchids can't be flowercached. And stone definitely can, as can agate (agate actually caches AS stone).
    edited June 2014
    Not sure why they wouldn't be able to, since there are multiples in flowercache.

Huh. It shows up as agate in mine, not stone. Under the gemstone heading. Though it shows when you do ic stone, too. As does an assortment of other things. Dunno!

You can't inc MOSS agate, is what it is.

Flowers you have to keep on the floor if you want to do templates.
    imageimage
    edited June 2014
    From talking to @Oleis, back when the crafting comms were made ICable, it sounds like they just have to manually set every item as able to be cached, but I could have misunderstood.

Pearls are a different type of item, though, like veggie patch items, and I think they are "made" a different way, hence me asking for a generic one we can just buy for cheap from the crafting shop. Indifferent towards whether it could also be used for refining (though that would probably be a nice QoL for mages).
    Ah. Was my understanding that the root word can interfere with the ability to cache something. I'm not responsible for the code though, so my understanding of how it works is limited to having talked to the people who implemented it.
    imageimage
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    edited June 2014
    @Erzsebet‌ is referring to a very valid problem, in which items with the same basic 'alias' (word by which one refers to the item) can cause confusion in caching. The difference between doing OUTC SLICE and OUTC KIDNEY_SLICE, or what have you.

Caching is something that would be nice to break down and improve one day.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    Furtum
    Fair enough, but could it be that some of these items - like the new things that were added after the cache change, such as crabs and stuff - just haven't been flagged to make them cacheable? When the changelog about the new cooking stuff went in, I immediately tried to cache the items and Slyphe said it wasn't something he could set when he had initially made them.
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    Funny sidenote: I think the vanilla orchids bought in the Delosian market don't decay since the one I bought is STILL sitting in my inventory and has no decay time, but they're capable of being used interchangeably with vanilla you have to harvest from patches. I dunno if that's intentional or not.
    Could we have the ability to set poses for our artipets?
    MoireanXavinAngweErzsebetIosynePiper