Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• Doing a whole RP with @auresae and @kerryn, and emoting like I was in the shop.

Secretly, I was at the 4C. Whoops.

Note to self: Check look every once in a while. There isn't a bar -or- tables at the 4C.
    Aryanne
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    You can buy ironcoin powers directly for an item if Qeddwyn lists it when you ask.
    My own rage about artifacts: You can't transfer or upgrade auction arties. I don't get that, why can't I spend more credits? :(
    Periluna
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    @moirean there's a weird group of artifacts that can't be customized, upgraded, or transfered. Anything unique falls into that category, and so do arti bows paid for with cash on the promo months. There was a reason for this, but it's failing me at the moment
  • BACK TO RAGING, YOU SCALLYWAGS.

i am rapture coder
  • I rage that most of you divine give weak blessings. @Severn gave the best blessings. I'd do several days, or a week, of heavy bashing and then get a 30 day blessing. Then over the next month I'd bash, offering to him, and when it ran out I'd get another 30 day blessing. If any of you start blessing like that you're going to get me offering to you constantly.
  • I think when Vasilus was running around with a 99day blessing, it got changed so that the gods couldn't give more than a 3day. That was before double duration for ylem research stuff, and I've seen a few 10day things here and there...so maybe it got bigger?

30day blessings are ridiculous, no one should have that. Even the 10day makes me feel awkward.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

Furtum
  • It did get changed, there isn't a restriction on it. And I don't think it's ridiculous at all. I offered more than enough to 'pay' for the damn thing in essence, so why not have a 30 day blessing rather than getting a new 3 day blessing every 3 days?
    Furtum
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    Because gods aren't blessing vending machines. They deign to give you the blessing for good service, and I imagine a purely mercenary and OOC perspective (I'm offering for blessings) doesn't sit too well ICwise. Except if you're Severn, I guess.

RivasOmeiTeaniFurtum
    I suspect they don't really care if we offer to them or not. Iosyne has, literally, over a billion shrine energy, just between Alexina, Ezalor, Mazzion and myself. Not a million. A billion. That's from just like a year and a half and four people.
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Note to self: Prod @Moirean brain more often for knowledge.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
  • @Serrice, I really don't think there is a reason why a character can't ICly be mercenary about that. Plus, ICly, offering is good service towards the gods. I kind of dislike how blessing are handled generally honestly. For instance, if you play a character that will only offer to one particular god and that god isn't being played, then you don't get blessed unless you're part of an org that's getting regular blessings.
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School

@Serrice, I really don't think there is a reason why a character can't ICly be mercenary about that. Plus, ICly, offering is good service towards the gods. I kind of dislike how blessing are handled generally honestly. For instance, if you play a character that will only offer to one particular god and that god isn't being played, then you don't get blessed unless you're part of an org that's getting regular blessings.

It used to bother me too but since they've changed it so players can grab the mechanical bonuses elsewhere... I'm not all that worried anymore. It's more RP flavor now I think. "Oh hey, I walk with Auresae's favor!"
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • AuresaeAuresae Minneapolis
    Haven said:

"Oh hey, I walk with Auresae's favor!"

No you don't.
    SetneGhendStathanOmeiAshmerFurtum
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Auresae said:

Haven said:

"Oh hey, I walk with Auresae's favor!"

No you don't.
    I LIKE TO PRETEND, OKAY?!
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Riluo
    Ezalor said:

Shrine energy and blessing energy are different though, Divine definitely don't have quite as unlimited a pool to bless with as they have shrine energy.

I know the two are different, but essence is kinda a circular thing as, if a God doesn't care about blessing people, why do they care about getting offerings? Separating the two out has really kinda made offerings pointless - in Avalon, for example, in addition to order priv powers, Gods were directly effected in their strength by offering rises and falls. eg, if a God fell low enough, they could only appear visibly to their order, while if they had enough they could splash out for special boons or even attack other Gods directly. Here, there might be stuff behind the scenes, but there's absolutely no reflection of a God's strength from offerings - the lore thread even stated that Iosyne is like the weakest God, even though she's rolling in essence from us. Beyond this, the gods have gone on record several times saying that they have buttloads of essence. Based on what we're shown and what is made visible, SE is the only thing that really matters, and given the numbers, that doesn't really matter very much.

tl,dr - I just keep 2-5m offered to each active god and I have a pretty good blessing uptime. I do feel Mephisto's rage, though, in that sometimes you have 3 blessings at once and then none for a week. I wish they could be coded to stagger themselves.

Ishin
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    I wouldn't mind anything about the blessings (the RP aspect of getting them, having them be a real reward rather than something expected, etc.) if it weren't for the fact that you really need one for grace. I know we've had threads about monuments before, but it still gets frustrating to watch the walking speed slow down so much when you're doing something like looking for a leyline or even just trying to get from point A to point B.
    MoireanIshin
  • Moirean said:

Beyond this, the gods have gone on record several times saying that they have buttloads of essence.

My kingdom for a buttload.

OleisSetneFerrik
  • Trust me, if Sev is a merc blesser, you can't afford it and neither can I :(

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• Sarita said:

I wouldn't mind anything about the blessings (the RP aspect of getting them, having them be a real reward rather than something expected, etc.) if it weren't for the fact that you really need one for grace. I know we've had threads about monuments before, but it still gets frustrating to watch the walking speed slow down so much when you're doing something like looking for a leyline or even just trying to get from point A to point B.

Celerity my dear Empress.... celerity. Such a great skill that improves walking speed DRASTICALLY.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    I use that too, but all that does it get rid of the pause you have to take every three rooms otherwise. It doesn't seem to reduce it going through areas with monuments.
    Solaria
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    You lose like 3 or 4 rooms per second or something when you're in enemy monument range. It's cray.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Solaria
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    I can vouch, due to all my minor hunting, that celerity does NOT make up for monuments like grace does. I rage at monuments - probably the worst part of foci hunting.

IshinTeani
    Zomg all these tarot bugs. My death tarot rubs are shifting targets every few seconds. :(

Other rages:

- Sect arena being fully indoors. Completely neuters Indo's momentum.

- Ent management: half the ents having to attach to target (and getting left behind/banished if you move (or if someone runs off with them), which...you have to against certain tactics)...and the rest of your ents then get lost if you get FORCED to move. So you're basically sitting around calling ents back and ordering attack again (which means resetting their attach/attack timer). So messy and a headache to handle.

- Lag. Toz stole all the wi-fi. :(
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    That @Toz. IN UR BASE. CAPPIN UR WIFIS.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • Serrice said:

Because gods aren't blessing vending machines. They deign to give you the blessing for good service, and I imagine a purely mercenary and OOC perspective (I'm offering for blessings) doesn't sit too well ICwise. Except if you're Severn, I guess.

Isn't that kind of relationship determined entirely by the player and the god?
    Ishin said:

That @Toz. IN UR BASE. CAPPIN UR WIFIS.

Not anymore. He left 10 mins ago. :(
  • IosyneIosyne the Lair
    @Moirean : I wanted to address a few of your points, that aren't entirely accurate.
    Moirean said:

if a God doesn't care about blessing people, why do they care about getting offerings?

Shrine energy and the essence used for blessings are two separate pools, but neither are limitless. Blessings do not use shrine energy and Order actions like deaths/shrines/powers do not cut into the essence needed for blessings. However, both shrine energy and the generic "essence" term that gets thrown around do get impacted by offerings.
    Moirean said:

Gods were directly effected in their strength by offering rises and falls.

Moirean said:

Here, there might be stuff behind the scenes, but there's absolutely no reflection of a God's strength from offerings - the lore thread even stated that Iosyne is like the weakest God, even though she's rolling in essence from us.

The God tiers of strength are actually quite fluid. Iosyne, Omei, Chakrasul etc. are in the lowest tier of power which is more or less Damariel/Severn -> Triad -> Elemental -> Emotion, but this does not mean Damariel will always end up the strongest for example. Things like injuries (Damariel's leg), essence being divided up (Iosyne's heart, when it was in Maghak's possession), can weaken a God, whereas other, less tangible things can influence a God's strength.

A great example of this is Omei, when in the Dream world, She is far more powerful than a lowest-tier God. Iosyne has received some special enhancements from a [REDACTED: SPOILER] source related to Her rebirth, and Her entanglements with the Shadow Mother also had a lasting effect. There are actually a lot of background God-plots that most players don't get information on, to add to the obscurity. I would never straight-up say that the God tiers are the only deciding factor.

I'd also like to raise the point of the God tiers vs. mortal influence as being something interesting to note. Even if a God is in a lower tier like Omei, Iosyne, or Chakrasul are, their goals are generally to spread their influence and gain traction. Though this is a more indirect measurement of influence and power, it shouldn't be discarded at all.
    Moirean said:

Beyond this, the gods have gone on record several times saying that they have buttloads of essence. Based on what we're shown and what is made visible, SE is the only thing that really matters, and given the numbers, that doesn't really matter very much.

This could be a case of terminology being muddled, most Gods have shrine energy out the wazoo, but blessing essence is a very different animal and is definitely not unlimited.
    MoireanAliceOmei
This discussion has been closed.