Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    That would be the Dungeon. It's hidden away. The rest are fairly family friendly (for a brothel, at least), like an all crimson room with a heart-shaped bed and The Den which has furs and rugged wood stuff.
  • If there's not a room with a heart-shaped jacuzzi and a vibrating bed, I don't wanna play this game anymore.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

AngrothTragerFurtumAlice
  • IngramIngram Alaska
    And smooth jazz.
    RivasAngroth
  • I seem to always either miss or come late into the fun events for Bloodloch.

Solaria
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    edited June 2014
    This isn't really a rage, since I absolutely relish finding these, but I discovered like five tiny little bugs in Serenity last night (thanks @Kheoss!) that together were throwing the whole thing WAY off, specifically against hidden afflictions and Shaman-specific stuff.

Also, being rusty. Herp da derpa derp derp derp.

Also, the derp air that exudes from @Rivas' pores. One of these days I'll find you unshielded and not standing with @Auresae. Or, I'll, y'know. Look into the room before I start swinging.

Edited to clarify: @Rivas is not a derp. @Ashmer just becomes a big derp the moment he arrives within a ten-room radius from @Rivas.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

ArekaAryanne
    People are throwing around the c-word. I go WTF THAT IS NOT COOL and now I am being attacked as the bad/crazy CL for not liking people using a really nasty, derogatory, offensive, chauvinistic and just TERRIBLE word. Like, I honestly have no regrets, go ragequit Aet, if you think throwing that word around equates to good RP, I don't even want you here. It's just absurd that I'm being piled on by like fucking five citizens for daring to say "hey cunt isn't a good thing to say" - this game, so fun.
    StathanSampMephistolesAryanneIshinSolariaPeriluna
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    I personally despise that word.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

AliceEleanorPiperSolariaPeriluna
  • StathanStathan Hot springs
    C word is not acceptable by any account when there is supposed to be a general mentality of, ya know, adults. That's something that children resort to saying when they can't think of anything better to say.

Though I also think attacking someone for asking a question is a bit overboard but that's not something that's ever going to change.
    SolariaPeriluna
  • Moirean said:

People are throwing around the c-word...

I've prepared a bucket for vomiting in. That's repulsive, and I'm sorry you had to deal with those clowns.

@Stathan Sometimes we ask horrible questions! ;)
    I once killed a humgii, y'know.

JSYK she/her pronouns!
  • Moirean said:

People are throwing around the c-word.

I get the dislike of the word. I'm not a huge fan of it myself. But, it definitely grinds my gears when the displeasure is expressed and then the person expressing their displeasure goes and dumps the exact same word seven times or so in -one- CT. Then again a few times afterwards.

I don't really understand if that was making an example or embracing hypocrisy. Out of all of it. That made me rage the most.

Stathan
  • Moirean. I like you, a lot. You're awesome and I think you make the game wonderful.

I don't like the c-word either. At all. I think it's filthy and vile and I am REALLY not comfortable with that person having used it. The problem was that instead of simply expressing your distaste/discomfort for the word, you just killed him without even trying to talk to him about it.

So no. You're not getting piled on for saying "hey unicorns isn't a good thing to say" because you didn't say that until after you rage-killed him. If you had just said that, then I really doubt many people would have disagreed with you on the subject because it actually isn't a good thing to say.

On the other hand, Fae's always going to defend her guild mates so I'm sorry if her reaction upset you in some way but that is what it is.

My rage is that everything has to escalate so freaking quickly, and that's not just on you, that's on other people too.
    MephistolesIshinFurtum
  • IngramIngram Alaska
    edited June 2014
    I made a mistake in using the word for Ingram to describe Cariv with . I apologize for that. I was never endeared to the word as it being more severe than anything else, and for me, it doesn't retain a misogynistic connation and I certainly didn't use it as an affront to women. Knowing how everyone feels, I'll never use it again.

That aside, I would like to rage at Moirean. I understand the word offended you. So for using it, I am sorry.

What I'm not sorry for is everything that followed after I did.

Where you killed me for it without a word.

Where you lambasted me as the word's ardent proponent, quoting me as saying "I SHOULD BE ABLE TO BLURT OUT **** NONSTOP" When that's about as far from reality as it could possibly be

Where you repeatedly said you warned me a multitude of times when I hadn't received a tell from you today since I woke up until I asked you why you killed me, no any other verbal communication of ANY kind about the word when I used it and before you killed me.

Where you incessantly kept repeating "CONTEST ME THEN" like this had anything to do with your spot as a CL, which is a job I'd pass on 10/10 times.

I made a mistake. An offensive one I'm sorry for. You lied, blew things out of proportion, slandered, twisted the conversation, put words in my mouth, AND SAID THE C-WORD BY WAY OF AN EXAMPLE OVER FIVE TIMES ON THE CITY CHANNELwhile I still have yet to use it more than the ONE time.

So you're my rage, here, Moirean.
    StathanAliceIshinAitheneAryanneSampPiperTragerAngrothFurtumMephistoles
    Ok. I give up. Fuck you all.
    Samp
  • edited June 2014
    Moirean said:

Ok. I give up. Fuck you all.

Eh, they're all full of it.
    15.12 LANGUAGE RULES

The rules for using language in Aetolia are simple. Do not inflict obscene
    language on people who you do not _know_ are willing to hear it, and do not
    use racist or homophobic language at all. We don't care what you talk about
    in tells with friends, but we do not want to see offensive language on any
    public channels, city channels, or guild channels. The head of a clan may
    dictate what sort of language he or she wishes to allow in his or her clan.
    "Ragekilling" seems like the high ground as compared to an issue (JSYK I think being the "bigger man" and taking the "high ground" are BS concepts, and however you needed to handle this is the most appropriate way. I'm 100% with you!) because it was an IC response to obscene language. Moirean is a savage li'l imp and I don't know why she's honor bound not to kill people that use the c-word around her. It's not poorly reflective of the player or the character because she didn't politely explain everything, or because she may have "over-reacted" or "twisted" someone's language. Moirean's response, if viewed from an IC or OOC lens, isn't remotely off base and her feelings and actions are justified. Sometimes the consequences for using horrible language that isn't yours to use extend beyond a, "Now Ingram, that sure wasn't very sweet of you!" #deal

JSYK she/her pronouns!
    IshinStathanPiperMephistolesAitheneTragerFurtum
  • @Ishin Can you explain your disagree vote on my post? No worries, I'm not offended or wanting to reconcile it, but it seems like we were reading the same thing from the language rules so I was hoping to hear your thoughts.

JSYK she/her pronouns!
  • @Oleis I am 100% prioritizing Moirean over Ingram and the others, that's true! I don't disagree, but I understand why it doesn't jive from other perspectives.

JSYK she/her pronouns!
    IshinIngramTragerMephistoles
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    @Samp - Oleis pretty much covered it, but if you really want I can still break down my highlights.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    StathanMephistolesAlice
  • edited June 2014
    @Samp I think his point is probably that since the word was initially used privately, in a say, rather than across a channel, that no language laws were actually broken.

What I take away from it is that the response to the word was a little OOC. Moirean, the character, is pretty damn tough, gets lots of language lobbed at her all the time, and gets along just fine. To kill a character when the character didn't use the word to refer to her even, strikes me as more than slightly OOC.

EDIT: Ninjaed and more than explained before I replied.
    StathanIshinIngramJamiAngroth
  • StathanStathan Hot springs
    Samp said:

@Oleis I am 100% prioritizing Moirean over Ingram and the others, that's true! I don't disagree, but I understand why it doesn't jive from other perspectives.

Bolded, italicized and underlined. That, is basically the big issue you are running into right now. You can't just take one persons side in a problem like this and white knight them and not expect to get thrown to the wolves by everyone else.
    AliceTragerFurtum
  • what is not stated and no rules can cover but only things provided here is none are safe from becoming emotionally swept in the arms of rage from time to time, in game or out. <3

StathanIshin
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    edited June 2014
    I'm just offended at the namedropping on the forum. Everything else can be dealt with IC and over time.
    SolariaMaite
  • @Stathan Yes, I knowingly said that. I can go back in my original post and underline, bold, and italicize it if you want. None of the sides or stances in this thread are without flaw or critique, so I don't have a pretense of being above everyone else. I made my decision as much as anyone else.

JSYK she/her pronouns!
    IshinIngramTrager
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    @Samp - Why is it exactly that you prioritize Moirean over Ingram, despite the fact that Moirean is in the wrong?
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    MephistolesAngrothFurtum
  • @Ishin I can't answer that question because it demands a premise I don't agree with.

JSYK she/her pronouns!
  • IngramIngram Alaska
    Jesus.

Why do you prioritize Moirean over me?

There.
This discussion has been closed.