Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• RouRou
    edited June 2014
    Sounds like we're calling people out here and.. name calling?

I've had posts edited for me for far less... (the Rage)

Edit: I retract my misinterpretation of the fluid guidelines and standards here. Bash away.
    *unnecessary banner*
    DaskalosPerilunaArekaDraiman
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    You take and tradein a luminous eyepatch, receiving 0 Bound Credits and 26 Bloody
    Iron Coins in preparation for a later purchase.

:\ I meant to tradein one of my language tokens.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
  • Setne said:

You take and tradein a luminous eyepatch, receiving 0 Bound Credits and 26 Bloody
    Iron Coins in preparation for a later purchase.

:\ I meant to tradein one of my language tokens.

Always, always, always, just do the normal syntax without the confirm first, that way you know exactly what you are trading.

Volka
  • couple of weeks ago I noticed I had concoctions on my skill list and asked around about it. General consensus was that all living get concoctions automatically and I thought "Sweet, put some lessons in there and MOSS!" I did not, however, realize that you can't have concoctions and forging. I am sad and misled.

Politics
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    Huh? Since when?
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Since always.
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    edited June 2014
    Since forging became a mercantile skill and you have to pick one or the other.

Edit: To be more precise, since around September 26, 2011.
    XavinStathan
  • I put forth you should have to pick concoctions since I am a newb and didn't know. (Instead of it being already there.)

Politics
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    It probably would be best if you started off with no mercantile skill and the void to list a direction to HELP MERCANTILE
  • GOD.. idiots in this game!

Simple market tell like - Nalor: "Looking for woodcrafter for vials. Send tells!" --

turns into
    xxx: "Sending tells!"
    xxx : "No, just sending tells like you said sir."

Like, seriously?
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
    Sheirosia
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    I don't know if this is a love or what but I get underestimated as a combatant a lot. o.o
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Jayce
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    I'll underestimate the crap out of you @Haven.
    Haven
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    Dude, the forums can't handle that kind of dirty talk.
    AarbrokHavenPeriluna
  • @Gwenith Actually, you still have a chance to change it, as long as you have not actively picked a mercanitile skill, you still can switch to forging if so you desire. The system will automatically place you at concoctions/reanimation, but you can still switch to forging with I believe no lessons lost.

• AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    Haven said:

I don't know if this is a love or what but I get underestimated as a combatant a lot. o.o

It wins you the first round.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

• HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Ashmer said:

Haven said:

It wins you the first round.

I have skill. I swear it! :(
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

TragerBraeLimIshinXavin
  • So much anger... right as hit enter so I couldn't NOT confirm.

You are about to spent 15 bound credits to purchase a giftbag. Once purchased, the giftbag will automatically unwrap and any artifacts will be bound to you. To continue, do GIFTBAG PURCHASE CONFIRM.
    H:5452 M:5452 E:105% W:101% B:100% Mad:0% Ess:69% XP:32% [csdb eb]
    [INFO]: The minor giftbag prize has just been won! The chance has now reset.
    H:5452 M:5452 E:105% W:101% B:100% Mad:0% Ess:69% XP:32% [csdb eb]giftbag purchase confirm
    You spend 15 bound credits and obtain an unwrapped giftbag.
    You tear apart the wrapping of your giftbag, eagerly looking forward to its contents.
    IshinSessizlik
  • @Alee that sucks :( But I know that some of the commands that direct you to a 'confirm' command you can skip straight to the confirm command. Maybe that would work in the future? Or stacking the commands? :-/

• DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    You can just put in the confirm command without the first prompt on just about anything.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• MarienaMariena By a lake.
    I figured out the terribad work lag I was getting! If I uncheck the mapping window, suddenly everything speeds up and the web client doesn't make me type through molasses. Why is this in Anguish? I /like/ that map

edited June 2014
    Not really a rage but more of a bafflement - being CL seems to mean that people think I know all the secrets of Aetolia. Or else Aet's help scrolls are REALLY bad (they aren't). I get multiple tells, like, every hour asking about basic stuff, and 80% of the time I tell people the help scroll to read and they go OH! THANKS! Half the time, I just check the help scrolls myself for the answer, so it baffles me a bit that I'm serving as this middleman. I don't really mind, so please nobody feel bad about asking stuff, it just kinda surprises me how many questions I get asked about Aetolia itself (versus city-specific stuff). Definitely an unwritten part of the job description. :P
    Ishin
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Y-y-you don't? My world is shattered. /cry

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    Ironbeard isn't real, either.
    SlypheAryanne
  • SheirosiaSheirosia Sheffield, UK.
    :(

You... Just broke my heart.
  • Moirean said:

Not really a rage but more of a bafflement - being CL seems to mean that people think I know all the secrets of Aetolia. Or else Aet's help scrolls are REALLY bad (they aren't). I get multiple tells, like, every hour asking about basic stuff, and 80% of the time I tell people the help scroll to read and they go OH! THANKS! Half the time, I just check the help scrolls myself for the answer, so it baffles me a bit that I'm serving as this middleman. I don't really mind, so please nobody feel bad about asking stuff, it just kinda surprises me how many questions I get asked about Aetolia itself (versus city-specific stuff). Definitely an unwritten part of the job description. :P

Do what I do..... point them to the help file. If they don't like it, fuck em. lol
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Ya I tend to get a bit annoyed when people pester me questions whose answers are in abs or self evident help files.
  • It depends. I really like helping people out, so am pretty patient. Some help files can be really long winded, and in the course of reading a massive dissertation about ylem/proper behavior/what to do when and where some things get missed. Being friendly to people who don't know what they're doing helps the game grow, and it's important to remember that we were all mewling newbs once, too.

Now, if I get the feeling that they aren't really trying at all my answers may start to take longer and longer to compose :P
    Rawr
  • I find getting information about ylem is a nightmare. Or maybe that's just Duiran's chelps on the topic.
    This month, in particular, saw a spike in the questions. I, literally, got at least 25+ tells asking how to use style scrolls and voxes.
This discussion has been closed.