The Hood Artifact

HavenHaven World BurnerFlight School
Daskalos' recent mentioning of one revived my eternal hatred of the artifact. Can we please, please change how the artifact works?

One of the fairest solutions I think would be to disable the artifact's power for a short duration (10-30 minutes should be fine) once you've committed an aggressive act towards another player. In addition to this change, remove the ability for other hooded users to find you whenever they want. This way the artifact does NOT lose its value for each person that buys it AND can still remain pricey/worthwhile since you can still jump people and hide as necessary so long as you don't go around attacking people.

Personally, I'd prefer for Hood to act as a chance blocker in stopping sense/farsee skills but I'd totally settle for the above.
¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
havenbanner2
RaecheXavinAzrael

Comments

• I agree. The thing putting me off getting one is the fact that I'm told that quite a few people have it already. This is one of the artifacts that diminishes in value the more people who have it.

• DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.

I don't like the chance blocker, because you could just do it until it works.

I wouldn't mind Haven's other solution.

I'd prefer to just DELETE the hood and issue full refunds.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

LinHavenArbreAlexinaXavin
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    Agreed. Let's just get rid off it. And the gem of cloaking too, while we're at it.
  • KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    Get your grubby mitts off my artifact.
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
    Gem of Cloaking doesn't matter as long as Chameleon tattoos last. I'm ok with that, if you're too lazy to FARSEE someone then that's one thing.

"If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Daskalos said:

I don't like the chance blocker, because you could just do it until it works.

I wouldn't mind Haven's other solution.

I'd prefer to just DELETE the hood and issue full refunds.

So what if they do it until it works? They'll be dealing with the EQ/BAL loss of their skills with each failure still.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2

Because the balance isn't that long, and the idea behind it is to make you invisible. It's not worth the amount of money spent on it to make it a chance fail. That would be like spending $600 to buy a TV that only turns on every once in a while.

Azrael
  • While I see the value of the hood, and bought one off the jump, as a mostly noncom (Due to idiocy, my own as well as others) I got rid of my hood. When people can't see you or find you severally limits RP and such. Besides I kind of saw the hood crowd as a little elitist.

"Ohhey! You have a hood too. Credit whores unite! Let's be buddies, even though your a Templar and I'm a Bloodborn."

This may have changed since I've left and returned, but c'est la vie.
  • KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    Ages said:

"Ohhey! You have a hood too. Credit whores unite! Let's be buddies, even though your a Templar and I'm a Bloodborn."
    what
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
    BorscinEzalorZunArbreLin
  • @kiyotan Happened to me more than once. Three times that I recall.
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    image Whee.
    AgesBorscinZunOrisae
  • I'm down for deleting it. The only reason I -bought- it was the obvious. I didn't want newbs tracking me and I wanted to find the others who had it. It's pretty well pointless now with so many people in possession of one.
  • Yeah, I was having trouble justifying buying one simply because while it'd be nice...its basically useless to protect me from the people i'd want to not see me.