Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• Serrice said:

Well, Lvl isn't the same as Level.

Doh!!! Man i feel like a noob now... how did I miss that?! Thanks @Serrice.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• Trying to figure out how to describe something and feeling like you're too dumb to mold letters into words that other people will understand and appreciate.

"I've got a dose of Spiritual Healing right here for you!"
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    Zsadist said:

If we're gonna start pointing out skills to look at, I say Retribution. That skill is just.... well, just super op. Especially in a team fight. 1 round and you die, no questions about it.

Edit: Yes, I know everyone says, "You need to heal this." Well, its not always easy when you have 1 person just spamming retribution ALL THE TIME!! Seriously, this skill needs looked at.

No offense, but there is absolutely no way you die in one round from retribution. Period. You can die in one round from Vivisect, but not from retribution. Retri takes at -least- 3 rounds assuming you don't cure any of the retri affs.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Depends on how many people are doing the hitting, Dask. You can't get vivi'd in one round unless you have two lycans and a necromancer and another necromancer, and even then you have to hope one of them doesn't hit parry or something, bro.

Can do the same with retri and templars. It's entirely possible to retri/vivi someone with enough people. I think that's kinda what Z was hitting at. 2-3 templars is really dangerous, especially if you have someone of an outside class who can give the non-templar specific affs while templars load up on templar-specific affs.

Lot of classes can synergize like that, it's kinda neat in some ways when you get a team of people who can work well together and know what's going on. Just takes some effort and knowing what people are doing and when. 3p messages help with that a lot.

Now for my own rage...

FDSFWERDOSHFSDLFHSDOKUFHS:LDFKJSDF freaking chaos plane lol. 0 essence and trying to pact then getting booted and HNNNNGH NEED MORE LESSONS SO I CAN LEARN MORE WHERE IS LESSON SALE?!??!?!?!?
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    edited May 2014
    Rou said:

Mkay well it wasn't capable at all against Raeche, is all I was saying. I must be missing quite a few things for Shaman. Thanks for the disagrees, unasked and ongoing opinions/comments/nuh-uh's, etc, etc.

We can move on now.

Edit: Not even sure what could be disagreeable with this post... Unless insinuating that we should stay off topic and continue to try and prove others wrong when they rage.

This is the disagreeable part, since this is a public forum and part of putting things on a public forum, even the rage thread, is that people can and will disagree and give opinions. In response to this you have turned one disagree into five, so there's a bit of a double standard there that I do not thingk is particularly productive. Disagreements happen and making a big deal out of them isn't how we make any progress with discussions (although sometimes the progress of forum discussion is debatable!).
    IshinOmeiFurtumJamiRouPeriluna
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Retri affs have to be all from the templar in question now. Certainly others can support it, but not with the affs needed for the kill.
    Xavin
    Ishin said:

Depends on how many people are doing the hitting, Dask. You can't get vivi'd in one round unless you have two lycans and a necromancer and another necromancer, and even then you have to hope one of them doesn't hit parry or something, bro.

Can do the same with retri and templars. It's entirely possible to retri/vivi someone with enough people. I think that's kinda what Z was hitting at. 2-3 templars is really dangerous, especially if you have someone of an outside class who can give the non-templar specific affs while templars load up on templar-specific affs.

Lot of classes can synergize like that, it's kinda neat in some ways when you get a team of people who can work well together and know what's going on. Just takes some effort and knowing what people are doing and when. 3p messages help with that a lot.

Now for my own rage...

FDSFWERDOSHFSDLFHSDOKUFHS:LDFKJSDF freaking chaos plane lol. 0 essence and trying to pact then getting booted and HNNNNGH NEED MORE LESSONS SO I CAN LEARN MORE WHERE IS LESSON SALE?!??!?!?!?

Only the person who gives you the conviction affliction can give you the retribution afflictions, and only the person who gives you those affs can give you the retribution. Now, that's not to say it's not possible to have 2 work together and the second person just layer higher in the cure order affs... but, again, that requires at minimum 3 rounds. Wait, no, four.

Raze\Conviction -or- Conviction\Firstaff
    First\Second -or- Second\Third
    Third\Fourth -or- Fourth\Filler
    Retribution

Meanwhile, Vivisect is a 4 aff instakill (4 broken limbs) that you can pull off quite easily. Multiple ents stack, the other day in a fight I had both arms broken by 2 crones at once, and then plague hit, broke my legs, and I got vivisects. Incredibly unlucky on my part, but hell, vivisect in that case didn't even require -you- to break my legs.

I'm hoping next liaison round this gets fixed, but until then, soldier on!

"If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• Let's just move on, guys.
    TeaniFurtum
  • edited May 2014
    I rage at having a dream about eating delicious bacon, cheese, and egg Mcbiscuits and waking up... to no Mcbiscuits.. :(
    This is not an Aetolian rage. Sorry folks :(

"I've got a dose of Spiritual Healing right here for you!"
    Joul
    Any rage about bacon is an all-encompassing rage.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    JayceSlyphePerilunaAngwe
  • I rage about people being able to use a duelist rapier during a leyline battle as a way to pull someone out.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

I rage at people auto-surrendering from the duelist rapier that I use to pull people out and force them to fight me one on one.

• @Daskalos: I'm never going to fight you. I can't win.

Not with that attitude!

OmeiSlyphe
  • Not an attitude, its truth. Only way I can beat you is if you lag out or randomly disconnect. I give you props for being a good fighter, but I know my limitations.

• I mean.

It seems to me like he wouldn't have received an item meant to yank people into an arena without their prior consent if it wasn't intended to be used to uh.. you know. Pull people into an arena without their prior consent.

If one of you had won it, we'd be dealing with the same thing. Someone is bound to find the use in everything around here. Fortunately for us, he won it.
    Seir
    It also decays and I can't extend the decay on it like I did last time using a shop, so... give it another 3 weeks or so and it'll be bye-bye and I'll be sad.

• Rashar said:

I mean.

It seems to me like he wouldn't have received an item meant to yank people into an arena without their prior consent if it wasn't intended to be used to uh.. you know. Pull people into an arena without their prior consent.

If one of you had won it, we'd be dealing with the same thing. Someone is bound to find the use in everything around here. Fortunately for us, he won it.

I think it depends on the person, I personally wouldn't use a rapier during a lesser fight.

PiperRiluo
    edited May 2014
    Eh, it's a useful tool. You can surrender immediately, and at that point it's a less effective kai banish. It puts me back in the room, and numerous times I've used it to yank people to the arena, killed them, then died myself because lol I'm in the middle of 20 people. Don't like the way I'm using it? Make sure I don't win the Delosian Duels.

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I went and saw Godzilla and played pinball as a nerdy date night with the BF instead of attending the Duel and I have zero regrets. Way more fun afternoon.
    AarbrokIshinPiperFurtum
  • I thought about participating, but I didn't want to hurt Daskalos' feelings.
    Trager
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    edited May 2014
    Being the best combatant in a game is hardly as important as spending real money on things in real life and you know having a life. Especially when it turns into arrogance.... I'm going to make cookies for my boyfriend and be grateful for our military who have risked their lives for this country this weekend
    JamiTragerFurtum
    No one is claiming to be the best, @Aarbrok, or to be arrogant. I won the duels and the Rapier, fair and square. If people don't like how it's being used, then make sure I don't get it again. It's really that simple. But hell everyone just auto-surrenders so I don't even see the big deal. No arrogance, I openly admit I'm not the best.

• AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    I was not referencing anyone in particular. Though if you want to assume I was that's on you... It was a general statement. Thank you for the chuckle on my train ride home though
    You're welcome, @Aarbrok.

You know, i was gonna attend the Duel thing...but I think the girlfriend and I had something to do, or something like that. You know, just some of that 'life' stuff that pops up from occasion. I mean, I'd have loved to have been there so I could have won, but tbh...this 'rapier' thing seems pretty lame, and to be quite frank, seeing as how it's being used right now, I'm not -at all- surprised that it DOES have a decay timer on it.

I mean, God forbid we should use the toys we have responsibly. And not use them lamely.

I rage that this is why we can't have nice things.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • NalorNalor UK
    edited May 2014
    Daskalos said:

I rage at people auto-surrendering from the duelist rapier that I use to pull people out and force them to fight me one on one.

late to the party but people ATTEND lessers for GROUP fights not one on one fights that thing shouldn't be able to be used in lessers.. If you want a one on one walk upto them afterwards and use it? lol... and yes I know the thing was won from the arena and is used how its meant to be used, but point is, shouldn't be used in lessers, granted used for people raiding, fracture, etc etc but lessers just seem lame.. :/ no offense,

@Ishin we cant have nice things as YOU break them!!! lol...
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
    People also attend lessers to win and that doesn't always go according to plan either.

Rou
  • Move on, guys. It's getting old.
    DaskalosTragerFurtum
  • StathanStathan Hot springs
    Rage at asking over multiple channels for help, then getting railroaded and during getting offed get "Need help?" tells.

No, I needed help fifteen minutes ago while I was setting up.
This discussion has been closed.