Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• Maite said:
    I hate that I am spending all this time bashing, and am just scraping up there. One death and another hour or two to make up for it.
    Starburst. Like, easily worth the lesson investment to learn, or it costs 100 gold at Delos. If you starburst, run and get a new one active before starting over.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• You're Enorian. Just touch that statue!
    SessizlikTrager
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    I got a triad pendant from Haern back in the day. Used to give random wildlife room messages like hearing a roaring lion. That ended a while ago though
  • I had a good system. It worked really well for me, actually.

I'd buy credits. I'd sell them, and buy chests, and then I'd finagle and wheel and deal. Sell some things here, trade some things there. Make my money back, maybe a bit of profit, buy more chests, maybe keep something nifty. I'd slowly turn those credits into bound credits by trading in things like vials and such, and then eventually I'd have enough credits to buy something. Maybe I'd have to buy a couple hundred to finish the purchase, but it worked. It worked for me, and I was happy.

And then @razmael went and ruined it all! Now I can buy giftbags with bound credits, and it's beggaring me! Do you think I have the self control to resist that kind of temptation? I'm only human! Now I can't keep credits. I traded in a hunting boon and a rebirth crystal (I didn't need those anyway!). I'm going to end up destitute and living in a back alley behind the Black Flagon drinking cheap whiskey ( can't afford the good stuff ) from a busted up old leather boot ( because I traded in my kegs for giftbags ). People won't even recognize me. It'll be terrible.

And now for the real rage in this post.

Buy 10 giftbags, 5 of them have ink or ylemshards. I can't even -fit- more ink in my cache. I really wanted to emote terrible, terrible things to those giftbags.

And also that stupid @daskalos, who always gets lucky.

Rashar drops the microphone, flips a table, sweeps all the drinks off the bar and walks out.
    Serrice
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    It's things like this that make me think we need a Credit Whores Anonymous support group or something. >_>
    IshinAryannePeriluna
  • Oleis said:

So what you're saying is that we need cache expanding arties in our giftbags.

@oleis That would make me happy.

ElwynAryanne
  • Get out, @damonicus. Just get out.
  • Jensen said:

I got a triad pendant from Haern back in the day. Used to give random wildlife room messages like hearing a roaring lion. That ended a while ago though

Sick beats will now come from the pendant.
    OmeiJensen
  • So what you're saying is the pendant doesn't do anything? Does it look like this?

oh wait, toz is famous

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

you disgust me

AshmerOmeiPeriluna
  • Haern said:

Jensen said:

Sick beats will now come from the pendant.
    I'm just saying, if pendants that came with that particular sick beat became standard issue in Haern's order it would only improve things.

• Rashar said:

I had a good system. It worked really well for me, actually.

I'd buy credits. I'd sell them, and buy chests, and then I'd finagle and wheel and deal. Sell some things here, trade some things there. Make my money back, maybe a bit of profit, buy more chests, maybe keep something nifty. I'd slowly turn those credits into bound credits by trading in things like vials and such, and then eventually I'd have enough credits to buy something. Maybe I'd have to buy a couple hundred to finish the purchase, but it worked. It worked for me, and I was happy.

And then @razmael went and ruined it all! Now I can buy giftbags with bound credits, and it's beggaring me! Do you think I have the self control to resist that kind of temptation? I'm only human! Now I can't keep credits. I traded in a hunting boon and a rebirth crystal (I didn't need those anyway!). I'm going to end up destitute and living in a back alley behind the Black Flagon drinking cheap whiskey ( can't afford the good stuff ) from a busted up old leather boot ( because I traded in my kegs for giftbags ). People won't even recognize me. It'll be terrible.

And now for the real rage in this post.

Buy 10 giftbags, 5 of them have ink or ylemshards. I can't even -fit- more ink in my cache. I really wanted to emote terrible, terrible things to those giftbags.

And also that stupid @daskalos, who always gets lucky.

Rashar drops the microphone, flips a table, sweeps all the drinks off the bar and walks out.

When you have a bankroll as large as @Daskalos', of course you're gonna get lucky.

That being said, with the giftbags having such a large output of items I don't need, I can't bring myself any sort of justification to buy them. I don't understand why people are buying so many.

Now onto my rage: I rage I can't transfer my 2005 bounds from Imperian to Aetolia! I already paid for them via membership (long before I thought of joining Aetolia and I don't even play Imperian much anymore), why can't I have them?! RAWR!!!
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    A large earth elemental sends one massive fist slamming into your side with bone-crushing force.
    Health Lost: 3230, blunt.
    You are afflicted with stun.

adfasfdasdfqwerasd;ihfasdufhqpiweouhsdjkaf;asfdjsafdj

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Getting inks on Setne from my giftbag, but then getting a keyring that I traded in for credits on my alt. Give me an arti I can trade in for credits giftbag gods! I'm so close to being tri-trans too :(

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    Rou
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    This may-or-may not give away a semi-known alt of mine. But.

It's highly irritating to submit a handful of designs to my guild for the shop, and then to log on to one message per design either maligning things that aren't actually incorrect, or that are entirely stylistic, or to just go 'oh cool, submitting' PER design.

I'm not saying I'm perfect, grammatically speaking (no one is, alas) but something (such as a comma) being -unnecessary- doesn't make it incorrect by default and I find it highly annoying when people insist I'm incorrect when I'm actually not.

They're not personal designs, I'm therefore not attached to their wording overmuch, so I don't =need- a play-by-play single message note per design.

At the very least, if they don't want to fix them and/or feel they shouldn't have to because they're for the guild, they could just send me ONE message going 'this design, this design, this design and this design are not up to guild standards'.

If I wanted to log on to 20 messages of what equates to asinine rejection/approval spam, I'd make this character a crafter, and by-pass the artistic filter entirely. >.>

Damned if I'll be doing -this- again.
    imageimage
    Periluna
  • Setne said:
    Getting inks on Setne from my giftbag, but then getting a keyring that I traded in for credits on my alt. Give me an arti I can trade in for credits giftbag gods! I'm so close to being tri-trans too :(
    I feel your pain and welcome to The-RNG-Gods-Least-Favorite-Club!! Like 3 giftbags a day since this began and I'm just now adding my 3rd artifact, a keyring, to my other two artifacts I've gotten, a keyring and a crystal necklace of rebirth. I'd be disappointed if I bought something like 100 bags and had 100 chocolates to eat in 30 days. I know they're out there, though, because I watched someone pull 2 transportation artis (Wings, then Amulet) from their dailies two days in a row - And not even looking at the stupid odds when they did so.
    *unnecessary banner*
    IshinAlice
  • NalorNalor UK
    edited May 2014
    I Rage at all the STUPID Bugs I get on Aetolia :@ I give up bugging crap after this bug!

You touch the shield tattoo and suddenly a nearly invisible magical shield forms around you.
    << Nalor has gained SHIELDED defence >>
    Equilibrium Used: 4.00 seconds
    A bone fetish clatters against Raeche's quarterstaff.

Raeche uses Primality Vinelash on you.
    Sinuous vines grow rapidly from Raeche's quarterstaff, slick with venom. The sprouted vines lash
    outwards to you, gashing bloody wounds into your body.
    Raeche uses Vinelash Venom (curare) on you.
    You wince as Raeche's quarterstaff leaches curare into your bloodstream.
    A prickly stinging overwhelms your body, fading away into numbness.
    [ Nalor ]: has Paresis

How can people hit through shield? like FOR unicorn REAL ......... And Fact you cant WALK into water rooms but yet most skills like lure, overgrowth pull beckon etc, will drag you into the room... Logic at its best!
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • edited May 2014
    Nalor said:

I Rage at all the STUPID Bugs I get on Aetolia :@ I give up bugging crap after this bug!

You touch the shield tattoo and suddenly a nearly invisible magical shield forms around you.
    << Nalor has gained SHIELDED defence >>
    Equilibrium Used: 4.00 seconds
    A bone fetish clatters against Raeche's quarterstaff.

Raeche uses Primality Vinelash on you.
    Sinuous vines grow rapidly from Raeche's quarterstaff, slick with venom. The sprouted vines lash
    outwards to you, gashing bloody wounds into your body.
    Raeche uses Vinelash Venom (curare) on you.
    You wince as Raeche's quarterstaff leaches curare into your bloodstream.
    A prickly stinging overwhelms your body, fading away into numbness.
    [ Nalor ]: has Paresis

How can people hit through shield? like FOR unicorn REAL ......... And Fact you cant WALK into water rooms but yet most skills like lure, overgrowth pull beckon etc, will drag you into the room... Logic at its best!

Most likely it was this:

Bone (Shamanism) Known: No
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Trigger condition: The bone fetish is activated by an attuned target
    using a shield tattoo or any other means of forming a temporary barrier.
    This does not apply to the prismatic barrier generated by using a lyre.

Activation effect: The next time your opponent attempts to form a
    shield, the fetish will lash out and destroy it, delivering a mental
    affliction in the process.

The line about the bone fetish clattering against the staff is most likely the line activating the fetish. However, the way the AB file reads, I would think that the fetish would activate and then the -next- time you shield it would strike. But perhaps it's just misleading. Basically, every other time you shield against a shaman, if they're using bone fetish that shield is going to drop immediately.

• NalorNalor UK
    edited May 2014
    The time after that ^ Bone fetish fired, bone fetish worked as it should my RAGE is SHE HIT ME THROUGH SHIELD! Wasn't bone fetish stripping my shield as I got the line saying "You shield has been stripped." (or whatever it is) After I shield once I got the balance back from shielding that time! I know fully how bone fetish works THAT WASNT THE BUG........... @Xavin
  • edited May 2014
    Nalor said:

NEXT TIME IT did strip shield, Bone that is.. That time she went STRAIGHT THROUGH SHIELD!! I know about bone fetish!

Upon talking with Aishia, I found out this: vinelash always has gone through shield. At least, according to her. The best thing to do would be to bug it if you're not sure and that way it will get address. I'm just going to say now, though, that the attitude of 'I'm done bugging things because of bugs' is really the wrong attitude to have. The coders can't fix what they don't know is broken, after all.

• I play Aetolia for fun, not to bug bugs every few hours.. And of late, thats all its been.. and vinelash (which deals an aff + round 900 damage) going through shield seems rather dumb :/ As whats point in shielding? lol...
  • Nalor said:

I play Aetolia for fun, not to bug bugs every few hours.. And of late, thats all its been.. and vinelash (which deals an aff + round 900 damage) going through shield seems rather dumb :/ As whats point in shielding? lol...

Could say the same about shielding against a vampire or bloodborn. There are a handful of abilities out there that do penetrate shield. But if you want to not bug bugs, that's your decision ultimately. At that point, though, you sort of lose the ability to really grumble overmuch when bugs happen.

• Bloodborn and Prae DONT GIVE 1k damage when going through shield.. unless its bloodborn and the person uses the ritual and then I guess its not 1k nor is it hidden.... lol
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    edited May 2014
    Doesn't seem terrible to me. They still have to break the shield to capitalize on anything, losing the round, and one hidden aff every 3 seconds isn't really bad at all on its own. Shield should not be a catch-all "you-can't-touch-me" and put a complete halt to a class' offense. Keep in mind Leafstorm is not comboable and cannot be turned into an affliction. Considering Shamans' weird cadence already and the wide spray of afflictions with a heavy does of focusables and no way to reliably afflict with impatience... not having them lose an entire round to a shield touch and having it hamstring their momentum is a good thing for the class.

For some reason after liaisons they seem a lot nastier, though. Quicker set up and heavier capitalization. Either that or @Kheoss just got five times better, which is entirely possible. Love that guy.

And sorry, I'm raining on your rage. I understand. handonshoulder

MOVE ALONG PEOPLE. NOTHING TO SEE HERE.

Edit: I stand corrected on the impatience thing via PM by @Nalor. I still understand your rage.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

XavinPeriluna
  • TozToz
    edited May 2014
    Yeaaaah % health damage shouldn't be going through a shield. Esp. not when you can empower it to give a writhe aff(that makes you bleed) + hidden venom.

EDIT: And actually, vinelash has been weird for awhile - pretty sure I remember it doing damage through kaido numb, as well.

oh wait, toz is famous

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

you disgust me

Nalor
    Sorry, this was my bad replying to that, but we shouldn't split the Rage thread off into a separate discussion, since we deliberately keep it as a place where someone can Hulk out on something and people will just listen without cutting it apart. <.<

So! My bad. I'll just wait for the whatever thread in Sparring Grounds, if someone wants to start that. Logs! We need logs! WE DEMAND MORE LUMBER.

Oh, my rage is that I don't have Shaman class and adaptive for the class switch. I want to test this, now, and the offense looks like so much fuuuuuun.

• edited May 2014
    Vinelash does not bypass shield, as far as I can tell. Not sure why it did in that log.

Ashmer
    Ilyon said:

Vinelash does not bypass shield, as far as I can tell. Not sure why it did in that log.

Yay for testing.

• @Ilyon clearly it does from my post, As my balance after I got this when shielding "You have gained the shielded defence." which proves to me (system wise) I still had shield or it would have been - << Nalor has gained SHIELDED defence >> -

But I didnt Rage for bickering and he says who says no one care who says, I raged as I was MAD at fact a damage skill goes through shield .. it should neglect the damage if thats the case
This discussion has been closed.