Anyone up for a Texas Meet?

Hey folks,

I'm going to be in Austin, Texas from Jun 6th - the end of the month, no end date set yet.
I know there are a few of you there and if anyone is up for it, I'd be down for trying to do a Texas meet up. Let me know!

Iosyne

Comments

• Ain't nobody got time for Texas!
    ArekaIosyneAliceJensenZsadist
  • pfft

• IosyneIosyne the Lair
    I'm in Austin! This should definitely happen.
    Xenia
  • I'm down for a Texas meet.
    Xenia
  • I'm situated in South Texas, Robstown.
    Xenia
  • I could possibly make this.

i am rapture coder
    Xenia
  • so would one of the weekends in June be a good time for most people? Figuring since it's coming up so soon, may as well start trying to plan one out.

• IosyneIosyne the Lair
    How about the weekend of the 20th-22nd?
    OmeiXenia
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    Yeah, I'm not doing anything that weekend, so I'll be totally free to sit alone at home in abject jealousy.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

AryanneTragerFurtum
  • June 20th - 22nd works for me.

• IosyneIosyne the Lair
    @Xenia what are you doing in Austin and what part of the city are you staying?
  • edited May 2014
    @Iosyne I'm grew up in Austin, my family lives there. I'm staying in SE Austin, and basically I'm there with no other agenda but to see friends and family for a month.

Piper
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    That's about a 5 hour drive for me but I'd still like to hang out if that's cool, assuming I have money for the trip that is. XD
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

Iosyne
  • @Draiman‌ I think that'd be fun! I won't be able to host anyone cus ill be staying with my parents in a full house. If enough people are traveling in and in need of places to sleep, maybe we could turn this into a comp out -- thoughts?

• HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Be sure to take pictures!
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    StathanTeaniAryanneAshmerJensen
  • I'm in Austin too! I also don't yet know y'all personally, and if any conversations about Aetolia came up all of my information would be dated, but I'd be tentatively in if I wouldn't be crashing :)
    I once killed a humgii, y'know.

JSYK she/her pronouns!
    Xenia
  • IosyneIosyne the Lair
    Who's ready for this to happen? Anyone able to confirm or have to back out? @Xenia and I would like to get a headcount to make some solid plans.

@Samp‌
    @Omei‌
    @Draiman‌
    @Amnar‌
    Xenia
    As of right now, I have to back out. I forgot all about this or else I would of mentioned it earlier. There is a small chance that I might be able to attend, but it's not looking good. Real life sucks.

• @Iosyne @Xenia Are there any ideas of what the plans would be? My only two iffies are that I don't do dirty 6th- too many bros- and I'll unfortunately need to check plans against my work schedule.

JSYK she/her pronouns!
  • I'm all for avoiding 6th street @Samp‌. Also, may as well field information of what people WOULD like to do. I'm always down for a good nerdy game night and booze XD

Samp
    Booze and games? Now I'm really sad :(

Ashmer
  • Hey folks,

I don't know if enough people are traveling in that it would be necessary, but if lodging for some folks is an issue I have a solution.

My Aunt has an empty house in Wimberly (about 30 minutes from Austin), with access to the Blanco river for swimming and stuff that she says I could use to host the meet.

Iosyne
  • IosyneIosyne the Lair
    edited June 2014
    @Samp‌
    @Amnar‌
    @Omei‌
    .. and anyone else who is gonna make some last minute awesome decision to come to Austin this weekend.

@Xenia and I got together and made some semi-solid plans for this weekend. Itinerary as follows (subject to change, yadda yadda):

Friday evening - Carousel Lounge to see Xenia's dad's band play (you wish your dad were that cool).
    Saturday - Hangouts at Iosyne's place (Central Austin - Riverside). Pool, firepit, Wii games, possibly do a group cookout/cook-in if there's interest.
    Saturday night - The Grackle and Historic Downtown Rainey St.
    Sunday - Iosyne's place for hangouts, potentially Barton Springs / South Congress or just moseying around to wherever we feel like spending our Sunday Funday.

If you're thinking about going but stuff like lodging and transportation is an issue, don't fray. As long as you don't mind an air mattress / couch and a fluffball dachshund for company, we have you covered. Both @Xenia and I live super close to the airport and have cars.

It's gonna be totally radcore and you should come have a good time with us!

Also, if you are coming and you want to exchange numbers shoot me a PM.
    XeniaZsadistHaven
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    Raw, unadulterated jealousy.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

Setne
  • Ashmer said:

Raw, unadulterated jealousy.

Same, because I got a new job and it has me training through the entire weekend. I'm sorry guys, I'm bowing out.

i am rapture coder
    Ashmer
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    I kinda wish I could go, but I have a justified fear of the South.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    Samp
  • I try to travel once/twice a year. Would definitely be down for a future meet in TX, I have a friend who lives there from another game I could go bug too. So if you guys plan stuff in the future, lemme know!

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• I only got scheduled for 13 hours this week, so apparently I can't afford beers and bars, but I have all the interest in Barton Springs and cookout plans! <3

JSYK she/her pronouns!
  • IosyneIosyne the Lair
    edited June 2014
    Pictures up in the Pictures thread! If you haven't made it out here yet, come join us, there's more fun today/tonight and tomorrowwwww!
  • I'm sorta wishing that I saw this thread before JUST NOW. :(

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."