Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• LimLim
    edited May 2014
    With all due respect to Omei and full appreciation for all the volunteer work that goes into playing an admin character, I'd just like to make the following comment:

I thought a simple, "Please watch your language, or I will have to mute you. Thank you." would have sufficed. Think of it like how you would speak to a customer who's out of line at a restaurant - the idea is to be polite but firm, without alienating the customer.

That said, I am not privy to the kind of players administrators have to face on a day-to-day basis, so I completely understand if it's a result of being accustomed to hostile players, and ending up being pre-emptively hostile.

Either way, I got a little scared reading about this because I personally thought the offensive word in question was PG 13 acceptable. >.> If I don't remember wrongly, I think we were only offended by it as kids in the US equivalent of elementary(?) school. From 13 years old, in fact, the word itself became the milder, acceptable substitute for the f-word (which was the new taboo).
    Rowena
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    edited May 2014
    @ishin -- I'm going to talk to you like an adult: You're raging like a child. Give it a rest. If your first reaction on the forums had been "Man, that god was really condescending. How miserable," He would have apologized and it would be over. That's something I would 100% support. Or you could have messaged someone and removed the public element altogether. Instead, you came here and gave a maniacal "unicorns the gods" rant in a place you knew it would be read by everyone involved and continued to tell us "It was the principle, bro" when in reality you just needed to stomp a bit and assert your dominance. You may have noticed that I'm getting really tired of certain prevailing attitudes in this game lately. I've said a few harsh things to people I quite like. This is one of those times. Grow up.

For clarification to the world at large: PG-13 is, unfortunately, no longer an accurate descriptor of our guidelines for global shouts. It probably -was- in 2001. Please don't shout "shit". Don't say anything you can't say on broadcast network television. If you're not from the States, I'm happy to clarify at any point (and George Carlin has a decent list.)
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    RazmaelSeirMaghak
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Productively addressing reclamation... It takes 12 seconds unless your hp is below 50%. 12 seconds to paralyze, prone, stun, LEAVE, entangle. Even if you have the afflictions for the unstoppable version you can still leave. And if you ARE below 50% health, tumble is STILL faster than it. Everyone has access to Brainsmash and Behead which basically work the same way as vanilla reclamation(The version with no preparation.)
    Xavin
  • Cleanse just makes no sense to me.... like why is that even a thing on a class like Luminary? They have a solid offense and already good defense with passive curing and hinders. Given how much you can spam it, you should never die to an afflict class at all playing Luminary in one on one.

I don't think Luminary offense is overpowered, I mean, it's annoying sure, but not overpowered. Their defense is ridiculous though.

I know this will probably just fall on deaf ears though, these kind of posts generally do.
  • On reclaim and Shamans in general, I think they're a fun and interesting class. I don't think reclaim is overpowered. It was in the hunting grounds when it took so long to move between rooms but now that's gone it seems okay. It's just how the class plays.
  • I Rage at this game getting more and more like Imperian each time I pay more then 10 minutes attention to it!

I ask something ICLY and get ooc comments back.. As in I ask on market to sell something and people send ooc replies asking how much.. like WTF ITS IC SO ASK IC I don't bite!

AliceAshmerOmeiTeani
  • I think some people are handling style scroll/vox iterator/etc trades as an ooc construct rather than an ic action. I don't really agree with that stance, though.

• AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    Azton said:

I Rage at this game getting more and more like Imperian each time I pay more then 10 minutes attention to it!

I ask something ICLY and get ooc comments back.. As in I ask on market to sell something and people send ooc replies asking how much.. like WTF ITS IC SO ASK IC I don't bite!

The tone is a bit much, but secondeeeeeeeeeed.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

• Ashmer said:

Azton said:

I Rage at this game getting more and more like Imperian each time I pay more then 10 minutes attention to it!

The tone is a bit much, but secondeeeeeeeeeed.
    Would you like pink fluffy elephants in my tone? lol ...

@Xavin I dont get how its ooc since its a thing we got IC which changes our IC actions, eg tells, hits etc... so how is that ooc? lol Its why I made the point that its just kind of turning into Imperian where ALL ic actions etc just turn into ooc matters which is stupid as I been playing Imperian for godknows how long and Ive yet to have a ic conversation as none of them talk unless its oocly/in ring

• edited May 2014
    Azton said:

@Xavin I dont get how its ooc since its a thing we got IC which changes our IC actions, eg tells, hits etc... so how is that ooc? lol Its why I made the point that its just kind of turning into Imperian where ALL ic actions etc just turn into ooc matters which is stupid as I been playing Imperian for godknows how long and Ive yet to have a ic conversation as none of them talk unless its oocly/in ring

@Azton, if you haven't had much IC conversations, then you're just playing with a bunch of bad people. (Of course, Imperian is pretty much a dead game with only about 50 or so players left...) I play Imperian as well (when I can be bothered as I'm annoyed the gods are dead), and every time I play I always manage to find someone to talk to ICly. Even manage to start city wide debates alot of times. :)
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• edited May 2014
    I'm not saying it's right. I mean, I don't really agree with the idea that transactions like that should be ooc. They're totally ic to me.

• There is also that it makes certain people feel better about trading cross-tether if they feel like they're doing it OOCly.

I've noticed that as well.
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    edited May 2014
    I dont know, it was not really hard for me to ICly explain ... I dont see why it should be OOC

"One of them fancy enchanted whatnots that crazy bastard Qeddwyn peddles in Delos....stumbled across one and wanna get it off my hands."

"Wanna make me an offer on it, its beginning to smell like burning."

I actually think it was Zaene who asked me about Fobs and Iterators ICly, and I forget my explanation but I believe I gave a good description without going OOC
    Alice
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    It is a bit suckish that people aren't really roleplaying the vox thing. Suddenly they're all shouting in my head or whispering like a stalker or sticking a velvet tongue in my ear, but they don't, you know, change the content of what they're saying to reflect that.

ArekaXenia
  • Eleanor said:

It is a bit suckish that people aren't really roleplaying the vox thing. Suddenly they're all shouting in my head or whispering like a stalker or sticking a velvet tongue in my ear, but they don't, you know, change the content of what they're saying to reflect that.

Well, you can only change it every hour. So if you set it on 'screaming mad' then you're no longer screaming mad, you're kinda in a weird spot. Not getting voxes myself, for pretty much that reason.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

XeniaJensen
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    >_> I'll stick to my custom says and emotes.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Jensen
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    You can remove the vox at any time now, to stop its effects, to at least you can pop it on and off to start/stop the effect inbetween changing what that effect is.
    Rou
  • Idk... Roleplayed convective as Alice getting some strange lozenge type thing that burned her throat constantly and she couldn't get it out (Until the next day when I took it off) so while most might just be enjoying/hating them, some people RP some stuff -shrug-

Ishin
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    Got a neat little RP trinket from @Slyphe in the form of a nifty little sapphire. And then I lost it a few hours later while crafting stuff by accidentally caching it. Now it's just a plain old sapphire. Why me? D:
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited May 2014
    That sucks :(

I lost my Slyphe ring that "female Slyphe" gave to me in a drinking game. I still get annoyed about it as it had a swirling pattern in it that changed every month to a new scene.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• Silly Slyphe! I fixed the trinket.

i am rapture coder
    AshmerRiluoSlyphe
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
  • I've only ever got one toy from a god and it was an athame which is a weapon I can't even get a proficiency in as there is no trainer!
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Man I got a couple things like, when I was a newbie, SUPER DARKY TRINKETS, but nothing tangible since~
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Aishia said:

Man I got a couple things like, when I was a newbie, SUPER DARKY TRINKETS, but nothing tangible since~

Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • Rowena said:

I've only ever got one toy from a god and it was an athame which is a weapon I can't even get a proficiency in as there is no trainer!

Athames use dagger proficiency, which is why bloodborn get dagger proficiency.

• AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    That athame is OP, too. So sexy. I wish I could doublestab with it.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

• I hate that I am spending all this time bashing, and am just scraping up there. One death and another hour or two to make up for it.

Alice
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Once you get past a certain point, @Maite, that gets much better. I die now, lose a little, and then in about 10 mins or so I've made back what I lost.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
This discussion has been closed.