Chaos Orb vs Sentinel

TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
So it's there in the title, just looking for the overall opinion here from Aetolia's fighters. As everyone knows, I would hope, Sentinel locks and offense for the most part depend on a large amount of attacks directed to the head to both seal a lock, finish a lock, etcetera through impatience, indifference, epilepsy, confusion. Now, the usual way around this for Sentinels is to catch them in a moment of paresis (or paralysis) to inhibit their ability to parry the head via crossbow or lucky timing. Chaos Orb is not stopped or inhibited by any of these hindering tactics, it's basically a static parry that you can not get around without using an orb sigil. Everyone knows that when fighting a Sentinel, the best possible way to go about it is a non-roaming parry head tactic, as it's a big chunk of our offense.

Just looking for opinion from everyone else, this is in no way a flame or a bash on the class, just looking to get a general consensus on whether people think it is of legitimate concern enough to look into.

Thanks!
Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

Comments

• TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    Sorry, forgot the most important one perhaps: Throatcrush.
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

• HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    I'm not sure what they're waiting for, perhaps Cabalist revamps, but I believe they're already set on removing the last of double parry from the game (Domination skillset for Indorani and Cabalists).
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Trager
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Orb is a pain in the ass for any class that has to hit limbs. Try fighting one as Shapeshifter and you'll see exactly what I mean. Sentinels have it just as rough, but tbh, the only thing I can tell you is to stick disloyalty. Unless you have a class that can startle minions like Shapeshifter, you're pretty boned in that regard. Alternatively, you can actually target them and kill them, I believe, but you might have to smoke the actual Chaos Minion entity first.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    HavenTrager
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    They don't have a lock breaker, so just soft lock and ensure it's reinforced. Alternatively, nuke it with an orb sigil and see if they remember to resummon.

TragerIshin
  • Serrice said:

They don't have a lock breaker, so just soft lock and ensure it's reinforced. Alternatively, nuke it with an orb sigil and see if they remember to resummon.

End of issue ^... But I dont see an issue with Sentinel and orb.. The issue is shapeshifter/monk/daru (even tho daru have a skill to passive it for x amount of time) .. Just use a different venom combo to softlock them to stick disfigurement... if the person moves orb it has a 3p line so its not like its invisible on which limb its been moved to

Just add a thing to track what limb orb is on.. Granted more coding but will do the trick til its deleted
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
    Ishin
    Agreed that it's Tekura and lycans who have the most issues with chaos orb.

Ishin
  • Orb parrying also drops if we are proned, sleeping, etc, and is auto destroyed after 7 blocks I think it is. While it is annoying I agree, and I'm looking forward to domination going away, orb sigils aren't the only way to handle it. Double parry and chaos ents do need to go away.
  • @Tina no such thing as double parry no more unless you have the old paladin or infernal ... just orbs now
    @Nalor: She's just using double parry to refer to the effect in general.

• SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    edited May 2014
    It's widely been recognized that double parry is largely unnecessary and massively unpleasant for any limb-based class to deal with on top of pre-restore. Orb was permanent before and double parry removed with the knight revamp but Orb managed to stay on as a temp. parry a few times and then fade. Unfortunately, it's fairly easy to re-summon and reapply to slow down the limb-based offense enough to reset it.

Hard to replace Orb to something as equally or remotely close to useful though, unfortunately.
    Ishin
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    Chaos Orb should be scrapped altogether. Or at the very least given a 3+ minute cooldown on resummon and lowered to 3 hit kill or something.
  • Suggestion: Make orb something similar to devotion truth.

• IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    GTFO we don't need more anti-phase abilities in the game.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • Just saying, it's a useful utility since it hits blackwind, phase, mistform, and lightform without needing to waste balance wielding an eye sigil.

• AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    It wouldn't hit Phase, because only the Symbol-empowered Truth acts as an eye sigil, and it's bugged to boot. It also can't really hit Mistform, I don't think, because reform from Mistform requires an Earthmeld.

It would be a useful mirror to Truth, provided it didn't hit Phase, due to Illumination getting Lightform to mirror Blackwind. If you were to keep it with a raw-utility theme, you could also give it the ability to Angel Seek, or a mirror to it, and an Alertness-type thing. Turn it into more of an Eyeball than an Orb, but this is just me running with the utility-vision themed replacement for double parry, and completely speculative.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

• eye sigils/truth does hit mist form it sends you to the 'diffuse mist' place....

edited May 2014
    Nalor said:

eye sigils/truth does hit mist form it sends you to the 'diffuse mist' place....

TIL

Edit: Since someone asked me what "TIL" means, it means "Today I Learned." I didn't know eye sigil and Mistform interacted this way, that's nifty.

• Ashmer said:

Nalor said:

eye sigils/truth does hit mist form it sends you to the 'diffuse mist' place....

TIL

Edit: Since someone asked me what "TIL" means, it means "Today I Learned." I didn't know eye sigil and Mistform interacted this way, that's nifty.
    It has to, because mistform isn't just the death state for vampires.

Xavin said:

Ashmer said:

Nalor said:

TIL

It has to, because mistform isn't just the death state for vampires.
    Yeah, it makes sense now that it would work this way, I just couldn't grock eye sigil pulling a vampire from Mistform into an unphased state. It would be OP, since a vampire could have someone un-phase them instead of earthmeld/diffuse mist. Working that way is very flavorful and pretty nifty.

Trager