Small Ideas - AIN'T NO COMBAT THREAD

Comments

• Yeah but I never make that sort of mistake. ;)
  • If @haven shuts off his tells, none of us can edit our havens.

Or even visit them.

LimSetneHaven
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    wtb RETURN TO HAVEN so I can sneak into Nirvana.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

Ishin
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Ashmer said:

wtb RETURN TO HAVEN so I can sneak into Nirvana.

That artifact costs 650 credits. With a simple tell, you will be delivered to Nirvana!

¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    One-time use, per credit payment.
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland

Using the designs for reference, you carefully cut, assemble, and stitch together an outfit.
    Balance Used: 22.32 seconds
    Time to recover: 212.75 seconds.

Any chance we can get a cap on these stacking balances? Cards, outfits, some of these get to absurdly high levels.
  • RazmaelRazmael Administrator, Immortal
    Moirean said:

Using the designs for reference, you carefully cut, assemble, and stitch together an outfit.
    Balance Used: 22.32 seconds
    Time to recover: 212.75 seconds.

Any chance we can get a cap on these stacking balances? Cards, outfits, some of these get to absurdly high levels.

Something similar to this is actually included in a bunch of changes I'm preparing that will be in soon.
    MoireanErzsebetIshin
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Ability to tradein those class switch crystals please or something. I've gotten one on both Setne and my supersekretalt, and neither of them have any use for them as they are nowhere near ready to be able to pick up alternative classes outside of their main and shapeshifter.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    I'm pretty sure you can PROMO TRADEIN and get a credit or 3.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    Setne
  • help giftbags @setne you can promo tradein I believe
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    edited May 2014
    @Irruel lied to me. I'll have to become a pk god and hit him.

This section of the help file also lies:
    An encephalous crystal
    ----------------------
    This crystal will allow you to use the CLASS RESET COOLDOWN command without any
    lesson cost. One-time use. It is bound to you and can only be used by yourself. Has
    no trade-in value.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    edited May 2014
    For the dye tokens, would there be a way to have it indicated which tag is which dye token? Use gray for one and grey for the other, maybe? So you can tell which is which when you go to dye it.

Like. If I have a $(dye$) book with $(dye2$) pages, have it show as 'a gray book with grey pages' to indicate that it's 1) two different dye tags, and 2) so you know which dyetag it is, so you don't try to make a red book with white pages and end up with a white book with red pages. Some other way to differentiate would work too, I just can't think of another way to do it.

Also...can we please have violet as a dyekit colour? Pretteh please?

And... blood is not a colour. Blood red is a colour. Could that be fixed? Though, I guess it being just 'blood' allows for things like a book the colour of $(dye$)? Don't know if that's the intention or not.

ETA: Unrelated, but I feel like there should be a way to get rid of the perma light. Used to be, darkness could counteract light and vice versa, but the light side has taken to perma lighting every major place--before the bridge, north of trees, etc, and there's no way to undo it. Darkflood only makes it go away temporarily.
    imageimage
  • Why can't I get a @slyphe symbol on my shield?

Rashasha don't need no stinkin' Damariel symbol! (Except truth is real neat.)

But srsly though. Any reason? He's at least as valid as Haern and far more alive than Lleis.
  • Probably because at the time that ability was designed, slyphe had a ton of darkish followers. Or because there wasn't a good idea for a slyphe symbol. Might be worth liaisoning for a new power for slyphe's symbol, or just to make lleis' into slyphe's.

• So when you touch the shield painted with Slyphe you turn into the opposite sex??

Infin
  • Hmm...Looking at the list, there's no power for Omei, either. So change the willpower regen ability to lleis or omei and introduce a new thing for the other.

• RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited May 2014
    Erzsebet said:

ETA: Unrelated, but I feel like there should be a way to get rid of the perma light. Used to be, darkness could counteract light and vice versa, but the light side has taken to perma lighting every major place--before the bridge, north of trees, etc, and there's no way to undo it. Darkflood only makes it go away temporarily.

This, it is a true pain going to gathering places only to get crispy fried.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

ErzsebetSarita
  • edited May 2014
    I dunno how to do that, @xavin. :P

Also, willpower/endurance regen? Meh. The others I can see uses for and have used, but those two aren't very appealing. I do get that it isn't supposed to be a big changer, but seems like some nifty tricks could be thought up.

It's mostly just a RP thing, honestly. You've got a dude who has followed none but Slyphe his entire life running around with Damariel all over his stuff, heh.
    I was actually going to submit a report about Luminary symbols already. Currently they do this:

Paint Shield [god] - Offers varying effects depending on the divine.
    Auresae: 15% Spark Reduction for Illumination [goldink, redink]
    Damariel: Devotion Truth will act as an eye sigil [goldink, yellowink]
    Dhar: 10% boost to all resistances when health below 25%. [goldink, purpleink]
    Haern: Endurance regeneration boost. [goldink, greenink]
    Lleis: Willpower regeneration boost. [goldink, blueink]

I wanted to tweak the skill to this instead:

Paint Shield [Symbol] - Offers varying effects depending on the symbol.
    Fortitude: Defensive [goldink, greenink]
    - Endurance regeneration boost.
    - 5% boost to all resistances when health below 50%. Increased to 10% when health below 25%.
    - Devotion Peace will now also stun for a short duration.
    Retribution: Offense [goldink, redink]
    - Willpower regeneration boost.
    - % chance to change most damage type attacks to fire.
    - Devotion Truth will act as an eye sigil.
    Virtue: Utility [goldink, blueink]
    - Devotion regeneration boost.
    - 15% Spark Reduction for Illumination.
    - Devotion Purity gains bonus magical damage based on the amount of afflictions/impurities on the target. (EQ based overwhelm clone pretty much, for flavor)

And then we could RP painting or customize whatever we want on our shields.
    havenbanner2
  • Haven said:

And then we could RP painting or customize whatever we want on our shields.

Lim
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Haven h8 gods.
    Haven
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    Here is an idea.....can Guilds/Clans/Orders/Cities/Houses and what not have a log auto populate whenever a referendum and/or election is opened. With systems being the way they are the little messages at log in are being lost
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Could there be a way we could get our havens to have a config for like...

HAVENS SET TIME ?

I don't know if anyone else has it this way, but Ish's haven is in perpetual night-time, and it's really kinda odd that during the 'day' the day-time rmotes fire in there, lol. But I love the night-time rmotes so much, that I kinda just tolerate it :(
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Haven
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    You could RP it off as flashes of what's going on in the real world (I think they need to keep them so that vamps can know outside conditions when exiting haven?)
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Uh...it's MY haven, and I'm not a vamp(yet?)? Plus there's always the TIME verb.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    What if you have a stinky vamp with you? WHAT THEN?

But srsly, TIME's a fair point. Forgot about that dealy.
    Rou
    Plus you can put the time/date in the prompt pretty sure.
    havenbanner2
    Ishin
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    config daynight on

>.> Though that makes my OCD twitch when I look at the queue 50% of the time. >.>
    imageimage
    Ishin
  • @Oleis or @Razmael‌ Can the Sect Rapier which takes people into the sect arena be made to ONLY be used on them within the SECT??? Kind of stupid it can force people who dont want to do the whole sect thing to USE IT... :/

Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
    Riluo
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited May 2014
    @Oleis or @Razmael‌

My only concern is when it is used to drag people from a lesser then you see this message, after arriving in said place:
    Daskalos suddenly vanishes in a flash of holy light, responding to a devotional summons.
    Otherwise I surrender and get into it again. So it is no big issue except for an oversight.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."