Artifact list:

216881 A macabre Tarot deck Being held by Moirean
    218005 A macabre Tarot deck Being held by Moirean
  • DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    Moirean said:

Artifact list:

216881 A macabre Tarot deck Being held by Moirean
    218005 A macabre Tarot deck Being held by Moirean

I think Mr. Vampiregodman was asking for tarot decks that have infinite blank tarot cards to avoid having to carve them. I'm going to *guess* that yours do not have infinite blank tarot cards, because then you would have infinity times two blank tarot cards. Which, according to playground logic is only one step below infinity times two plus one, but beats out the requested infinity.
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Every other class arti that helps with resource management only mitigates the cost and doesn't make it free. With 2-5 decks, you can go for quite a bit of time without having to carve and perming them means you don't have to worry about them decaying on you. It's basically similar to arti-quivers: you don't get free arrows, but you aren't losing arrows from decay.
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    Moirean said:

Every other class arti that helps with resource management only mitigates the cost and doesn't make it free. With 2-5 decks, you can go for quite a bit of time without having to carve and perming them means you don't have to worry about them decaying on you. It's basically similar to arti-quivers: you don't get free arrows, but you aren't losing arrows from decay.

I have the same myself...I have artifact powers on tarot decks I created, only because I HATE losing cards after they decayed. I mean if they fell in my inventory and caused me to deal with them then that would be ideal, but nope.
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
    Merelii's idea:

An arti to cancel seeing vox prefixes to tells. Would buy 100%.
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    It'd be really silly for them to sell an artifact just to do that, should just be a config or something, but I feel it should be a two way street, so people are aware when someone doesn't want to see the vox tell changes.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    It would be absolutely awesome, if we could have an artifact similar to a crafting workbook, that allowed the owner to hold ownership of designs despite not being a crafter. Maybe have it require that a crafter copy over the design somehow and have it work more like the workbooks used to, before paperless crafting was a thing? That is to say, if you handed someone the workbook, they could craft all the designs in the book.

Would make finding a crafter to make you-specific designs SO much easier, since you wouldn't have to wait on the same person everytime--or have to effectively create the same outfit 20 times because your chosen crafter decides to quit or becomes a workaholic or moves to australia or something and is suddenly never around at the same time as you.

That way, you just take your book to whatever happens to be available, hand it over and tell them you want X, Y, and Z designs made.
    imageimage
    IshinSaybre
    edited May 2014
    Is there any chance some of the older artifacts could get their price values looked at? Most of the newer class ones are 300-500 credits, but then you have ancient outliers like the Syssin charm sitting at 700, which is just crazy expensive, relatively speaking. Crafting boons are also pretty overpriced, now that they work COUNTER to crafting shelves.
    RiluoKerrynXavinErzsebetIshin
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    I think artefacts in general need a huge drop in price.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

AshmerKiyotan
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    if there are price drops, can those of us that did pay the full price get refunds based on the price change please?!!
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
    Infin
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    edited May 2014
    Riluo said:

I think artefacts in general need a huge drop in price.

Sorry, no.
    Macavity said:

if there are price drops, can those of us that did pay the full price get refunds based on the price change please?!!

Sorry, also no.

edit because that came off as sassy: We cannot reasonably adjust for price drops (or increases) over the course of the game because that has a huge chilling effect on fixing things. You see this a lot in other games. We want to fix this clearly broken artifact! But they paid so muuuuuuch.

The only time you'll see us engage in this sort of thing is if we dramatically change the functionality. At that point, we may provide an optional refund above the usual tradein value.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    edited May 2014
    Hey @Oleis. A question. When Signets became no longer a thing, it automatically traded the signet in for credits and sent an automated message saying, HEYSIGNETSNOTHINGHAVECOINSSBACK. The question, is that it ONLY did this if you 1)didn't have a custom signet ring, or 2)didn't have artifact powers besides signet on the ring. Which. I have a couple characters (and others probably do, too) who still have signet power even though it's useless now, because customization/other powers. There a way to get that fixed?
    imageimage
    Yep, I imagine that's it exactly. Send me a message from each affected character with the appropriate item numbers and I'll get you a refund. If it's a customized item and signet is the only thing on there, make sure you tell me what you want to do with the item, too. The default is that I delete it.
    [---]
    edited May 2014
    Signet doesn't work anymore?

Edit:

You take an elegant white letter from a letter satchel.

**********************************[ Letters ]**********************************
    ID Sender Recipient Months left
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    313594 (unknown) (not sent) 10
    *******************************************************************************

Pressing a starstone engagement ring wreathed in roses against the letter, you allow an impression to form on the surface which simultaneously seals the letter closed, and leaves your personal mark upon the seal.

**********************************[ Letters ]**********************************
    ID Sender Recipient Months left
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    313594 Moirean (not sent) 10
    *******************************************************************************

I'm confused, what changed?
    edited May 2014
    Can wheel spins and maybe chests be considered for all-the-time purchases on the website? There's always interest in getting them. Chests debatably could have a bad impact on the economy, but wheel spins don't introduce anything into the game except chest pieces, as everything else is bound. I know I'd totally be buying some if it was still an option. Oooh, or buying iron coin packages from the website *dream*
    Moirean said:

Can wheel spins and maybe chests be considered for all-the-time purchases on the website? There's always interest in getting them. Chests debatably could have a bad impact on the economy, but wheel spins don't introduce anything into the game except chest pieces, as everything else is bound. I know I'd totally be buying some if it was still an option. Oooh, or buying iron coin packages from the website *dream*

Unfortunately, that's something we have to keep reserved IRE-wide as promotional stuff.
    [---]
    Sadface. They are totally addicting. >_<
  • @Moirean - Signet big thing was to be able to seal letters without a candle or wax, since they removed the need for candle/wax to send a letter (used to be required for all the non-satchel/dove people) There was mass refund for signet. I however was upset cause I had it for Syssin Forging (yeaaahhh buddy). So was able to get it back, and got it back as a power instead of the stand-alone ring. So was kind of a handy change to happen.
    edited May 2014
    Moi: Right now, unless you particularly want the RPmote it gives about sealing it, it really doesn't do anything. Since. If you mail the 'unsealed' letter, it automatically gets labeled as yours.

Could we either A) get crafting shelves upped to hold more things per level or B) Make them stack so we can buy multiples? Like. Make an unfinished (not level 3) shelf only stack with level three shelves, so you don't get people buying fifty level one shelves because it's cheaper that way. I know several crafting shopowners who would buy multiples. Especially the more prolifically crafting of us.
    imageimage
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    edited May 2014
    Shop Keepers:
    Custom NPC stationed at your shop location. Must be owner of said shop.
    Base model
    1-3 randomly procured room messages
    Ability to set poses
    Custom description.
    Gives short dialogue for WARES and when a purchase is made

For purchase addons:
    Gifted - Allows use of crafting boons
    Sentient - Allows Owner to send says and emotes when in room
    Bouncer - Reveals hidden players, maybe notifies if someone is phased
    Barkeep - Sends a room line for pouring refills
    AryanneArekaErzsebet
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    Jensen said:

Barkeep - Sends a room line for pouring refills

And pours refills! I had the absinthe.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

Riluo
  • KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    edited May 2014
    Kiyotan said:

Are the changes to Woodlore going to necessitate a change to the artifact huntsman's pouch? 
    Slyphe said:

Possibly. We will cross that bridge when we get there!
    We have arrived at the bridge. Perhaps they could now cancel the delay if an animal is called while outside the forest.
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
  • Oleis said:

The only time you'll see us engage in this sort of thing is if we dramatically change the functionality. At that point, we may provide an optional refund above the usual tradein value.

@Oleis: I just read this and I would like to bring something up to your attention. The artifact for Clarity. During the most recent liaison round, I would like to note, that is lost quite abit of effectiveness, dropping from 50% to 30% timer decrease. Yet, there was no change in artifact price for that item. Is the clarity artifact one of those items that was looked at and went "-shrugs- People will still pay the 800 credits for only a 30% reduction in blackout." ? Or has there been discussion about potentially dropping the price from 800 to say... 5 or 600? As well as refunding those who bought it prenerf?

Or do we just have to accept that alot of artifacts are going to get changed, via liaisons, and that we're gonna have to suck it up and deal with the nerf while still paying full price for a nerfed item?
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    Disclaimer:
    -----------
    Aetolia is a functioning world, and while we guarantee you will not lose
    any of the credits you buy, no such guarantee can be provided for what
    you purchase with the credits themselves. Naturally, we wouldn't be in
    business very long if this happened frequently, but as it is a world,
    your actions have consequences, and the actions of others can result in
    consequences for you. It's this dynamism in the nature of the world that
    people enjoy about Aetolia. Thus, it is possible that the perceived or
    real value of the things you purchase with credits, or your ability to
    use those things, may both rise and decline during the course of play.

• edited May 2014
    Serrice said:

Disclaimer:
    -----------
    Aetolia is a functioning world, and while we guarantee you will not lose
    any of the credits you buy, no such guarantee can be provided for what
    you purchase with the credits themselves. Naturally, we wouldn't be in
    business very long if this happened frequently, but as it is a world,
    your actions have consequences, and the actions of others can result in
    consequences for you. It's this dynamism in the nature of the world that
    people enjoy about Aetolia. Thus, it is possible that the perceived or
    real value of the things you purchase with credits, or your ability to
    use those things, may both rise and decline during the course of play.

This does not answer my question that I had asked @Oleis. I am completely content with him saying, "No, we will not give those who bought the artifact pre-nerf any refunds, but we will go and look at changing the price." He said himself: "should the functionality dramatically change, only then will we look at changing prices."

Well, a 20% nerf to blackout reduction is a pretty dramatic change, for anyone and everyone. So, I revert you to my previous post.

Edit: Because Slyphe says I used the wrong gender. Ooops!! Sorry!!
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

Furtum
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    I don't think a lowered price and a return to those who bought pre-nerf would be a bad thing(it would, actually, be a pretty good piece of customer service imo), but I also don't think there's really anything wrong with them leave it as it is. I mean, I had bought level 1 clarity and had plans on buying up to level 3, but if all I get is a 30% blackout reduc, I'll probably stop at level 2 just like I do most other artifact powers, because doubling the level 2 price for another tiny increase just isn't monetarily worth it.

I will say, however, that I've gotten a few refunds over the years. Like when they took out artifact dirks(my poor rojalli-themed dirk, you are sorely missed), I got a full refund for it.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • (Oleis is a man.)

• IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Slyphe said:

(Oleis is a man.)

(I didn't want to be Captain Obvious and say it myself >.>)
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • It is a very rare thing for them to toss out artifact refunds on changes. Some major changes, of course they do. The example of artifact weapons here is a good one because they completely eliminated them, so of course they would hand out full refunds there. However, when the functionality of an artifact is tweaked, such as clarity, they don't -have- to give credits back. And even when they do, they only do so for people that no longer wish to have the artifact as a result of the change. A prime example of this was when they nerfed the equilibrium gain artifact some years ago.

I was speculating as to what I would do, but I can't speak for @Razmael by any means. That's something that is purely his decision.
    [---]
    Riluo