Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• IosyneIosyne the Lair
    Firebomb discussion moved to its own thread.
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox

There are 292 bugs in need of sorting. LISTBUGS UNSORTED to see them.
    There have been 79 bugs reported in the last 7 days.

What's the bug number? I'll check it out for you.

/me will categorize, test, and assign bugs for foods.

Setne
  • edited May 2014

The meteor slams into your shield, shattering it.

In the sky high above, you hear a high-pitched keening sound, and are appalled to see a flaming
    meteor streaking towards the ground.
    With mounting horror, you realize that the meteorite is heading straight for your location.
    In the sky high above, you hear a high-pitched keening sound, and are appalled to see a flaming

You take a drink of an elixir of health from a plain wooden vial.
    Health Gain: 906
    The elixir heals and soothes you.

Ezalor's aura of weapons rebounding disappears.
    Laying his bone dagger flat upon his palm, Ezalor flicks it sharply towards you. The blade speeds
    through the air and shatters on impact, cutting you fiercely, before suddenly reappearing in
    Ezalor's hand.
    Your hearing is suddenly restored.
    Your deafness defence has been stripped.
    Damage 1080 magical

Moirean touches you with his withered finger and an agonizing sensation ripples through your body.
    Damage 810 magical

Frozen by fear, you can do naught but watch, wide-eyed with terror, as the blazing sphere streaks
    towards you and slams into your body, burning you horribly.
    With mounting horror, you realize that the meteorite is heading straight for your location.

Damage 515 blunt)

touch shield

You touch the shield tattoo and suddenly a nearly invisible magical shield forms around you.

Emperor Ezalor arrives from the west.
    Laying his bone dagger flat upon his palm, Ezalor flicks it sharply towards you. The blade speeds
    through the air and shatters on impact, cutting you fiercely, before suddenly reappearing in
    Ezalor's hand.
    Damage 1031 magical)

Moirean touches you with his withered finger and an agonizing sensation ripples through your body.
    Damage H:810 magical

Frozen by fear, you can do naught but watch, wide-eyed with terror, as the blazing sphere streaks
    Damage 515 blunt

You touch the shield tattoo and suddenly a nearly invisible magical shield forms around you.

Moirean's attack rebounds off your magical shield.

Ezalor's hand.
    Damage 1031 magical

Damage 515 blunt

Ezalor's hand.
    Damage 984 magical

You close your eyes and concentrate on shifting mind and body.
    Mana Lost: 2867
    Health Gain: 2867

Damage 679 blunt

Ezalor's hand.
    Damage 1031 magical

Mazzion touches you with his withered finger and an agonizing sensation ripples through your body.
    Damage 914 magical

Emperor Ezalor arrives from the ether.
    Ezalor's hand.
    Damage 1031 magical

You may drink another health or mana elixir.(Elixir bal)

Mazzion touches you with his withered finger and an agonizing sensation ripples through your body.
    Damage 914 magical

You close your eyes and concentrate on shifting mind and body.
    Mana Lost: 1863
    Health Gain: 1863
    Equilibrium Used: 2.79 seconds

Damage 515 blunt

Emperor Ezalor arrives from the northeast.
    Ezalor's hand.
    Damage 1080 magical

Damage 603 blunt

Damage 603 blunt
    Ezalor's hand.
    Damage 1031 magical

Damage 515 blunt

Ezalor's hand.
    Damage 984 magical

Ezalor's hand.
    Damage 1080 magical

Ankyrean Warlord, Mazzion arrives from the ether.
    Damage 914 magical

Moirean uses Tarot Lust (doppleganger) on you.
    Moirean quickly flings a tarot card at you through his doppleganger and you feel unreasonable lust
    for him.

You reject the friendship of Moirean.
    Equilibrium Used: 3.72 seconds

Ezalor's hand.
    Damage 984 magical

Moirean uses Tarot Lust (doppleganger) on you.
    Moirean quickly flings a tarot card at you through his doppleganger and you feel unreasonable lust
    for him.

Your flesh has withered beyond tolerance and your body can no longer support its own weight. You
    collapse to the ground and with a final sigh, stop breathing.
    You have been slain by Mazzion.
    For all them who RAGE earlier bout firebomb which gives people who drop firebomb damage..

^^ Thats what you should fecking rage at!! How can someone survival dopplegangers doing 1k (indorani can even envenom) When shield does nothing? shifting to get back health does nothing? sipping does nothing? banishment (which was two in room) does nothing? Only thing it all does is slows down your death! AND ON top of all that, LUST like WTF

And Undead was all like "Oh nooo 6lifersv12undead used firebombs to win us" when it was same numbers you guys all ran from the dam room and just dopple spammed...

AND Fact Indoranis can give sensitivity without stripping deafness first? Whos bright idea was that? ALL the crying that happened when Luminary was able to do that with battle and yet you go and give that same idea to another class...

edit: Not aiming it at anyone just raging so move on and find your own rage!

AleeJamiDaskalosSeirSerrice
  • Emelle said:

Sucking at emoting. Why do I not proofread my emotes? I don't even know.

I only very rarely proofread my emotes. Mostly, this works out ok. Sometimes this bites me in the rear. :( I feel your pain.

imageimage
    Furtum
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    Ahah, I purposely don't look over my emotes before I post them. The reason for this is because I always end up second guessing myself, rewriting parts, and then being upset that I didn't do what I wanted to because there wasn't enough oomph. So now I'm in the practice of tossing my emotes out there and hoping for the best. It's generally done me well and I feel like I've become more adventurous with my roleplay because of it.
    MinaraelArbreIshin
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    I let it go to the point of emotes being stream of consciousness more than punctually correct, at least 1/4 of the time.
    FurtumEmelle
  • After a certain informative paragraph made to Crafters, I only proofread my emotes to ensure there's no CLT before it. *eyeshift* I rage at having some 30 giftbags over multiple characters and only having pulled one artifact (rebirth necklace). I have a hard time justifying making a purchase right now, beyond my slim wallet.
    *unnecessary banner*
    IshinPiperZsadist
  • I also rage at excessively long logs not put into spoilers...
    *unnecessary banner*
  • Rou said:

After a certain informative paragraph made to Crafters, I only proofread my emotes to ensure there's no CLT before it. *eyeshift*

I rage at having some 30 giftbags over multiple characters and only having pulled one artifact (rebirth necklace). I have a hard time justifying making a purchase right now, beyond my slim wallet.

I guess I have no rage about emotes as I rarely ever do any, too much of my time is taken up in bashing.

Also, I agree with @Rou. Of all my giftbags (some 100+) I have not once gotten anything particularly useful, short of chocolates. I hate to say it, but this round of giftbags is quite lame considering the epicness of it last round. And yes, before anyone states why, I do understand why they made the giftbags the way they are... I just don't like it. However, that doesn't make it any less disappointing.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    Giftbags are more in line with chests now. Honestly, we couldn't keep the honeypot forever.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Daskalos said:

Giftbags are more in line with chests now. Honestly, we couldn't keep the honeypot forever.

Like hell, I paid RL money for this. :P
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    RiluoZsadist
  • I rage that now that I have the opportunity to get a non decaying ylem gauntlet... the city got a new quota and we aren't selling them now. ; ;
  • Daskalos said:
    I like to think the old giftbags promoted growth in general. There's a balance between that and profit. It just seems like an extreme shift.
    *unnecessary banner*
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    edited May 2014
    Rou said:

Daskalos said:

I like to think the old giftbags promoted growth in general. There's a balance between that and profit. It just seems like an extreme shift.

----

While there's no denying a value reduction, we back these changes up with lots of math. We're seeing a really great distribution of good prizes. Unfortunately, I think you're getting the short end of the RNG stick.

ETA: I hate our forums so much.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
  • Oleis said:

So, did Aetolia not make great profit during the epic giftbag sales?? Because I can't help but think they made more money from the last giftbags than this one...
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

edited May 2014
    Zsadist said:

Oleis said:

So, did Aetolia not make great profit during the epic giftbag sales?? Because I can't help but think they made more money from the last giftbags than this one...
    We don't sit down and say OH DEAR WE'RE NOT MAKING ENOUGH MONEY. We (and this "we" is on a corporate level) assess how our promotions are stimulating sales. In our case, we were giving away a lot of great stuff, and probably not hurting our sales, but we were inconsistent among the games. As we all follow the same promotion month-to-month, it's pretty crucial that we offer roughly the same value.

I get that we had a good thing going, but this promotion is just like combat balance or anything else. One can always find a way to justify the option that benefits him the most.
    [---]
  • So Cannan's left Spinesreach, and will probably be pestering Duiran for the foreseeable future. I understand this decision has upset some of you and disappointed others. This isn't directed at any one person, but to everyone who's expressed dismay or concern over it. This change has been coming for a while, and even if you can't perceive everything that went into it, trust me when I say it's 100% character and story motivated. I think it's safe to say that no one has the full picture in regards to what's going on right now, maybe not even Cannan himself. I know I have loose ends in Spinesreach and the Cabal that I'm not going to get to tie up, but this decision doesn't reflect on any of you. I love all of you, and I love the roleplay we've had together. I guess it frustrates me when my motivations for doing a thing are questioned, especially when it's so obviously motivated by story. There. That's my rage. Meh.
    AliceAleePiperSeirOmei
  • My Rages lately: Not knowing enough about coding to formulate a working offense, or where to start making one, feeling relatively helpless in most aspects (RP/PvP at least, PvE can't really be considered difficult since you don't rely on others for it). Spending too much time trying to be motivated to keep asking for help/interaction annnd finally - missing @Ivoln and related stuff :( Come backz! hehe

• SheirosiaSheirosia Sheffield, UK.
    Post on the tech subforum. Loads of us are willing to help with that kind of thing.
    Alice
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Start simple, @Alice. It's what I did back in the day.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • My rage is that noone seems to want to sell globes anymore.

Are they still even available via chests or were they removed??

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    edited May 2014
    Nevermind.
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    @Alice: What client do you use?
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • @zsadist - People aren't as likely to buy the chests without a promo attached to them, so there's less floating around. Go buy chests yourself :P
    imageimage
  • @Haven - I'm on the Mudlets

SENTINELS NEWS #2120
    Date: 5/11/2014 at 1:03
    To : Everyone
    Subj: Election

After a disastrous bug ruined the results of the first election, Seir
    conceded and the three agreed among themselves to place Trager as
    Guildmaster of the Sentinels. Please excuse the confusion and disruption and congratulate your new leader.

Penned by my hand on the 17th of Lleian, in the year 419 MA.

-----------

I understand that there was a bug, but this solution is lame. Elections aren't about what a few people decide. They are democratic and voting - or abstaining - is how people reflect their support, and what levels of support, they have for potential leaders.
    Rivas
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    There WEREN'T an potential leaders though. Arbre stepped down, and Wylliam and Seir both withdrew - Seir just didn't get to post about it before this clusterunicorns.
    The election started less than a day ago. Even if there were no other leaders who wanted to join in - which we won't know, now - we now are robbed of seeing the vote breakdown, which is a pretty big thing, as it shows how much support the new leader has and has ramifications for other potential leaders in the future. Beyond that, we just can't vote. Player politics is one of the game's big draws and we weren't able to participate in that, with the leader just appointed. It feels like a really frustrating solution with the mechanics throw in our faces.
    Rivas
    Then recontest. The point was to have a fair election. When I asked them who should be GM in the meantime, they both bailed and said Trager. As it turns out, he was winning before the issues started anyway.

I'll give any Sentinel 10k to contest if they want it.
    [---]
    I doubt I want GM myself. I have orgs to lead on Moi. In addition, contesting an incumbent versus contesting an open spot is not the same thing. We also don't know how many votes he'd have gotten - does the guild unanimously want him? Are they only tentatively taking him as GM?

My primary point is that an admin stepping in to player politics and appointing a leader - regardless of what outcome seemed inevitable - really undercuts our power as players, in a game advertising player-run politics. Yeah, in the end, everything may be up to admin choices, but it kinda leaves a bad taste when that's presented so explicitly.
This discussion has been closed.