Liaison changes

Comments

• IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Dat queue balance/eq too strong. Server-side lag? Everything's moving at the same speed.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    @Valingar just got ten times scarier.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

• Ishin said:

Dat queue balance/eq too strong. Server-side lag? Everything's moving at the same speed.

The internal queue won't really help with that much, though, since it would still depend on the exact timing of the holocaust detonating.

• EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    Moi, the casks were planned for the next arties release, which I imagine is a ways out yet because an arti release has a bunch of things in it and upstairs won't have been doing anything on that while liaisons were still going in.

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Ohhhh. I thought they were coming out like in conjunction with this. I thought they'd be out today >_<
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    edited May 2014
    Back on Indorani: if I'm reading the effects of the new cards correctly, and judging on Ezalor's assessment, Indorani are going to be ridiculously powerful unless you use proper mitigation strategy.

• Re: Indorani (hoping this doesn't seem like I'm trying to start craziness) - has a thematic overhaul ever been thought about? I love the idea of the guild, but the class seems like the most legacy thing ever. Straight Achaean pre-Apostate occultists, if memory of my adolescence serves.
    Serrice said:

Back on Indorani: if I'm reading the effects of the new cards correctly, and judging on Ezalor's assessment, Indorani are going to be ridiculously powerful unless you use proper mitigation strategy.

Aeon is nowhere near the roadblock it used to be. It's just a slight delay in commands, and Indo can't disrupt so you'll always be able to tumble away.

Everybody can disrupt. Freezebreath.

• EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    Every class is super strong until you learn how to mitigate against them properly. I'm not convinced it's fully viable against perfect curing but IMO you will absolutely need special Indo handling to fight one.
    Freezing disrupt is a fairly unreliable one.
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Aita said:

Re: Indorani (hoping this doesn't seem like I'm trying to start craziness) - has a thematic overhaul ever been thought about? I love the idea of the guild, but the class seems like the most legacy thing ever. Straight Achaean pre-Apostate occultists, if memory of my adolescence serves.

Absolutely. While we're on a push to revamp all of the legacy Achaean classes, Indorani are an especially egregious example of old code, old themes, and old mechanics.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    Aita
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    edited May 2014
    I'm testing right now, but with the new starchart command, are we supposed to see stacking negatives? It's like I'm getting the positive and negative of the first star, and the negative of the second star...

Yes, I'm getting double negatives....
    It was always like that.

• JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    used to be able to use the no neg stars... that got changed :(
    The starchart's always applied both the pos/neg effects of your chosen star AND THEN the neg effects of a randomly chosen star. This change just makes it so you can choose what the neg-only star is, since people would just repeatedly STARCHART until they got one that was in consequential, anyways.

Saybre
  • Oleis said:

Aita said:

Re: Indorani (hoping this doesn't seem like I'm trying to start craziness) - has a thematic overhaul ever been thought about? I love the idea of the guild, but the class seems like the most legacy thing ever. Straight Achaean pre-Apostate occultists, if memory of my adolescence serves.

Absolutely. While we're on a push to revamp all of the legacy Achaean classes, Indorani are an especially egregious example of old code, old themes, and old mechanics.
    The guild has fantastic lore, a large membership and really cool philosophies though. It's nice to have a theological guild.

Yes the Chaos Plane, code, and mechanics need work but don't destroy the theme / soul of the guild. A lot of people love it and you common hear positive things about that side of the guild from people that just don't want to use the class.
  • Rowena said:

The guild has fantastic lore, a large membership and really cool philosophies though. It's nice to have a theological guild.

Yes the Chaos Plane, code, and mechanics need work but don't destroy the theme / soul of the guild. A lot of people love it and you common hear positive things about that side of the guild from people that just don't want to use the class.

Should perhaps clarify that, in my asking, I really only meant the class. That's why I said I love the idea of the guild - I'm all about some religiously inclined necromancers/summoners.

• Aita said:

Rowena said:

Should perhaps clarify that, in my asking, I really only meant the class. That's why I said I love the idea of the guild - I'm all about some religiously inclined necromancers/summoners.

You did. Oleis mentioned themes. I don't want overhauling the Indorani to = destroying the Indorani.
  • TrigruTrigru the Bumberton's Delight
    Having had the privilege of seeing some of the early, early class overhaul prototypes, I can safely that no one is going to be disappointed. Each and every suggested paradigm shift is done only after a careful analysis of the theme, strengths, weaknesses, and overall flow of the class.

Trust me, these guys will design you some cool Indorani.
    RiluoRowenaLim
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    How far off is carnifex these days? I do not think much has been mentioned in a while, unless I missed it. Is there anything we can find out or is it still all hush hush?

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• Carnis are next. Hoorah, hoorah.

*excited*
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    Soon

RiluoAarbrok
  • SheirosiaSheirosia Sheffield, UK.
    RowenaIshinSamp
  • Did I mention how much nicer the new enchanting is, something that even with an auto system would have taken me quite some time to refill an enchanting order took under 10 minutes today. Now once those enchantment casks come online, I see me buying at least 6 right off the bat. Sorry Ezalor, I will be using house credits one way or another.......

Riluo
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    What ever happened to the comboable blindness for Luminaries that was promised this round?
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    So was the enchant boon arti changed with these new enchantment changes? I know there was talk of changing it.
  • Moirean said:

So was the enchant boon arti changed with these new enchantment changes? I know there was talk of changing it.

Supposedly it is there to halve the balance times of creating enchantments still. I'm going to investigate the whole thing more thoroughly shortly.

• DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    Sooo...

There was a report this round rejected but written by Ezalor that suggested broken arms add to a balance time rather than outright disabling offenses. With the change to paralysis, we've seriously tilted the combat scales in the favor of limb based offenses, as they can still hinder the same as before (one broken arm, in most cases) but now paralysis doesn't hinder them back... can this be looked into?

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

Rowena
    Could the enchantment ABs be updated? Atm it's kinda a guessing game to figure out what the keywords are for ENCHANT FOR .
    Xavin