MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    Bob Hoskins died :(
    HadoryuTeaniSessizlikIosyneRiluoSeir
  • Hoping everyone in my area is safe and sound. The flooding here has been absolutely horrible. I worked late last night and couldn't even go home, the road to my house was flooded - in fact, all roads to anywhere seemed to be flooded, but I couldn't risk it in my little car. 

Someone drowned in their truck down the road from me. In an area that never floods. Off a very oft-used highway that I travel regularly by a Winndixi. Its so surreal, the amount of damage to places that I'm familiar with. Entire roads have had huge chunks just destroyed. A neighborhood not far from me was so flooded they had to send boats out to saw exits from the people's attics to rescue them. 

Thankfully my house is securely on a hill, by a small wetland that is made for stuff like this, so my home and my family, and all my friends are safe. I'm grate for that, so this is both a love/sad post. 

Haven
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Glad to hear you're okay!!!
    EmelleHaven
  • We had no awareness of the tornado that went through Pensacola until this afternoon when I dispatched a tow truck out there today--or not, rather, because of the state of emergency in effect. Customer went up one side of me and down the other, even though her car's safely in a pawn shop parking lot. Some days, I really want to reach through the ph and smack sense into people. I told my sups though, but I think that was the first one we got for the area--none of the Sp's are running, all on cop calls. ETA's 8+ hrs down there now.

My sympathies to you and your neighbors, Nola. Hope you guys can clean up soon. :(

imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
    Nola
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    Piper said:
    That moment when you go to take rent out and were expecting more money in your account. What happened? You might ask yourself that, especially since you budget your paychecks for the whole month. Nope, its not you. They just forgot to add in all the overtime you accumulated thus cutting a massive amount you were not depending on but was going to be a pleasant buffer. Thanks. I love that so much. I love having six bucks last me a week. I'm just thankful I recalled to fill my bus pass up with enough to last a week and a half in advance.

Money woes brofist, I've been on zero for two weeks and it'll be another two before I have money, and I've got a power bill due before then! The pay schedule for my position sucks.

• Our area is destined for more rain. If the 26+ inches wasn't already enough. Please keep us all in good thoughts. 

Oh the not-really-bright-side but, convenient, my college campus is under water and the last of my finals are postponed. 
    @nola doesnt @nadia live your way, and if so is she alright?  Her IC son is worried
  • edited April 2014
    @Jensen - She lives on the road right next to me. We work together and I saw her just this morning - she is just fine, but she did tell me her room flooded. 
    Dawww unfortunate but not bad, thanks for the update!
  • Of course! 
  • I'm over this semester. 

18 page paper in an intro class. Srsly. 

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

• VolkaVolka Lurking behind the beakers....
    I...really really dislike my boss. Which I think is a common thing for a lot of people but.. man, I'd almost rather be groped by the last one, at least I didn't have to see him every day. I got a text message yesterday from the site manager for our post, asking if I could work an extra 4 hours. I didn't sleep well, and I'm sick, but w/e, I'll do it. I totally space messaging her back, and when I here I tell her, oh yes, I forgot to message you, in trying to get gas and lunch and stuff before I was late, but I'll work the ot, no problem. And I get snapped at, because I didn't immeadiately respond to her, so now it's all my fault that instead of wait the 20 minutes to when I got here, she opted to fill out the timesheets early, and work a double. I fail to see how her choosing to work 16 hours is my fault, but hell, at least she didn't stand around for 3 hours after her shift was over to hover in my personal bubble and scream anectdotes about her 30 cats in my ear. :s
  • edited May 2014
    Work being done on the road outside my house. Not that bad, but they started at 7 this morning. So did the 2 yr old next door. I snapped and yelled a few times at the wall to shut up. I feel bad, he IS two, but he wakes me up on a regular basis at 6:30am every morning I'm at home since March 1st. Between that and the construction so loudly next to my living room and shaking the house, I wanted to climb on the ceilings and howl like a dog. I was going THAT batshit from the noise. Ugh.

I also had stuff I wanted to do today, but the construction workings blocked up my driveway at 11am, didn't get a text from my landlord about getting rent check today until noon, he's coming at 3pm, and there wasn't enough time in between to run to Freeport and get back in time if I wanted to get my new dishes, hit the bank, ect.

Edit: 330pm now, and guess who hasn't shown up?! So much for getting anything done today. I hate being unproductive on a day off.
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
  • YEAH THANKS, FOX.
  • edited May 2014
    you see the fox licking the window. That was me, utterly bored and going stir-crazy. :D I got stood up by the friend I was going roller skating with as well. They never showed.
  • TrigruTrigru the Bumberton's Delight
    Meyvitch, dear, you probably don't want to call yourself a licker of windows.
  • She's winder-lickin' good.
    RiluoSamos
  • For the third time in a row my scheduled days off were scrapped. It is understandable, in the end it is all right, because work work and moneycoins - however I have been trying to catch up on numerous things (Aetolia things included) and it gets annoying to say 'Oh yes I will have some time off soon' only to then have to disappear because of nonstop work shifts back to back.

On top of this comes the fact that both the owners/bosses have recently been hospitalised and the two new employees that I have been (made to) train are far from reliable yet and flaky as all expletive. So running the place has come down to me and the only other veteran employee who works another job during nighttime so his schedule is locked mostly.

The only hope is that I might get that extra raise sooner and possibly have all this 'going above and beyond' look good on my resumé.

Meh.

Piper
  • Due to my partner being unable to find a job in this area, I may have to defer enrollment for a semester while we get things worked out here. While that sucks and is going to lead to unpleasant experiences in the coming semester, I rage at the uncertainty giving me insomnia and other stress related issues.

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

• TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    edited May 2014
    DISCLAIMER: This was written as a general rage.

Stop spreading lies to make yourself look better. Just saying, truth will come out eventually.
    Also, if you hear one story, know there's always two sides to it. Before passing judgment, make sure you know everything.

Aryanne
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    Teani said:

Stop spreading lies to make yourself look better. Just saying, truth will come out eventually.
    Also, if you hear one story, know there's always two at least fourteen sides to it. Before passing judgment, make sure you know everything.

Fixed that for you. You're welcome.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

TrigruAryanneTeaniAliceEmelleIshinSeir
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    So my dad and I drove about 400 miles to help my brother move up north and to visit my grandfather, who is in the hospital after breaking his hip, getting a total replacement, falling again, and winding up in ICU. We were planning on driving back this morning, but yesterday afternoon my dad confessed to feeling bad. He slept for 18 hours, woke up for some orange juice, and now is bad in bed sleeping some more. I love my family, but if I had known there was a chance I wouldn't be back home in time for my doctor appointments on Monday, I would have stayed home. Grrr at being stuck here when my knee is supposed to be in front of the physical therapist twice a week.
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Thanks, @Ashmer. So true.

When the search engine I need to do my job goes down every morning, but since the vanillaforums update, Forums are working fine at work.

Still can't see any signature images, but w/e.

• MarienaMariena By a lake.
    Going to the dentist @ 11:30 because my right upper wisdom tooth cracked and now I have searing face pain.

• Mariena said:

Going to the dentist @ 11:30 because my right upper wisdom tooth cracked and now I have searing face pain.

Oh noes :(

• MarienaMariena By a lake.
    Wisdom Tooth Debacle update: Wisdom tooth has now been extracted. Socket is merrily and slowly oozing blood, but according to aftercare that's good. Half of face is swollen and still numb, so I am going to nap before I get feeling back.

Mariena is a sad panda.

Piper
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    Get well and take lots of painkillers!

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

AryanneXavinValenaePiperEmellePerilunaJasline
  • Ferrik said:

For the third time in a row my scheduled days off were scrapped. ...

So guess who's got two thumb talons and just got called into work today on what should have been a day off?

AryanneAshmerJensen

Joking aside, are you contractually obligated to go into work if they call you in on a scheduled day off? I know there are laws about that kind of thing, and hell. I've got an officemate that resents me for taking breaks, but I still take them.

IshinJensenAryanneEmelle