Liaison changes

Comments

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Ah, I didn't realize that asthma was tossed into moon. When I was still able to read comments, it sounded like they were going to be putting all of the physical into sun (Raz's post kinda made it sound like that, too). Having kelp stuff in moon is going to be really potent, in that case. I think people are worrying too much about Indo - like I said, these are some really good changes and it's silly to expect the class to become perfectly balanced in one round. Hopefully next round we can see ents adjusted even more and some looking at the finishing abilities, if these changes put their basic attacks into a better spot (and hopefully they will). And maybe fool can be made not silly. Ah, ha, I made a pun. >_>
  • One liason wont fix all the woes, but while it's fixing most of them, it wouldn't be hard to just... speed up fling a bit if you're going to unmask it or leave it all masked. 
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    Honestly? Hidden afflictions didn't really help you all that much. Diag is less than a second, and you don't deal hypochondria. So I lost half a second every 3-4 rounds against an Indorani... with adder and your new expanded pool, it -looks- like there are some possibilities to do some fun stuff. Is it perfect? No. But hangedman had to be changed when tactics such as Xiuhcoatl's "hangedman until you run out of mending, crone breaks all your limbs, vivisect" tactic were viable. 

See how it plays out, make suggestions next round. I don't mean to sound crass, but you're complaining that this liaison round didn't help when you, personally, chose not to participate in it. Not one single report. It's a group process, and you can't expect the liaisons to know everything about everything, but they're a good group of people and they're doing what they can with what's presented to them.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

Basically all of the Indorani stuff came from me, and I was a bit all over the place. Given the sheer amount (and sometimes overly ambitious nature) of things I gave them to work with, I think the changes are decent. I can understand that they don't want to adjust speeds and stuff without seeing the skills in action - give it a few weeks to see how it goes and then if stuff is subpar, bring it up again, I think?
  • @Daskalos that's the only effective offense that indorani have outside of shatter. That's not arguable, that's a fact. IE, there is no manner in which to debate or challenge that. They removed that and provided no offensive buffs to the class in the area/areas they need. I now have another class to groan about all the time. THIS IS GOING TO BE SO MUCH FUN! I wish you could see my smile, but you'd have to turn off the lights. :3

From what I see of the Magi Change, they managed to not only nerf Sciomancers but to buff Ascendril at the same time.

They implemented completely useless lycan according to the post.

@Moirean I feel ya pain. But you need to look at the positives. I was 100% right. I mean, 100% right. You can be upset about how the class is going to suck even more, but you need to look at that accuracy. I am literally perfection. I know kung-fu.
  • Indo kill conditions are all easy to escape, to the point they can't kill with them. Indo have no way to keep the enemy in the room at all really. All they do is grief and taking hangedman away removes the classes one claim to fame.

Indo have a lot of stuff... but none of it makes sense for PvP or PvE. It's a class that needs an overhaul. Switching them to an offense that can actually lock consistently turns them into magic Sentinels with different flavour skills / utility, which is fine. They're a dex class, that makes sense. The only problem is the other is just infinitely better at it even after these changes.
  • Xiuhcoatl said:

From what I see of the Magi Change, they managed to not only nerf Sciomancers but to buff Ascendril at the same time.

How so? The quake change? I'd gladly take tsunami over quake since you can use tsunami anywhere and quake is usable in maybe half the rooms in the game, though unstable is an environ you can use it in, so nice at lessers but not so great outside of it. Plus you can get water regen without sacrificing the ability to throw people. We'll have to see how the on fire buff boosts ascendril damage, but I'm not super worried about that.

I do not understand why fluxus is now channeled though, getting the brands as a mage was always fairly difficult since we can't hinder, but it may be easier with the vibe changes.

• SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    Time sphere + vampire attacking + branding = profit?

• ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    With this enchanting change, does that mean that the haven room upgrade will be updated? Or still work?
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    devastate no work with bastard sword :(
    SheirosiaRowena
  • RazmaelRazmael Administrator, Immortal
    All old enchantment rooms will be upgraded to the new ones.
    ArekaIshinCiarelle
  • What do killstats/deathstats do?

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• RazmaelRazmael Administrator, Immortal
    Toz said:

What do killstats/deathstats do?

The command should work now.
  • Oh, that's neat. Thanks!

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• edited May 2014
    @Tralendar they can strip your frost defense before hitting you with holocausts.
  • Areka said:

With this enchanting change, does that mean that the haven room upgrade will be updated? Or still work?

I checked my enchanting room this morning, the Oros are gone, but I absolutely love the change to enchanting. Makes things so much faster. I see my house dropping a few hundred credits on new casks here when they are released as well.

Areka
  • SheirosiaSheirosia Sheffield, UK.
    Jensen said:

Yeah, what's the reason for this. The message received back from the game clearly indicates it's not possible with certain weapons.

• Xiuhcoatl said:

@Tralendar they can strip your frost defense before hitting you with holocausts.

Just like Sciomancers have always been able to strip your caloric defense before hitting you with singularities.

edited May 2014
    Edit: I misunderstood the nerf to favors. Sadface.

Are the new enchantment casks out yet?

• Tattoos

(1587) [Book] Tattoo now lasts 24 hours and persists through logout. Each non-arena death will reduce the timer by 5 minutes.

This only last 5 hous 50 mins? and has 13 touches now? @Razmael or @Oleis

• edited May 2014
    Sheirosia said:

Jensen said:

Yeah, what's the reason for this. The message received back from the game clearly indicates it's not possible with certain weapons.

@Razmael

I understood this is intentional. To stop Prae auto bashing no doubt, to have us dueling with rapiers like nobility etc.

From an in game standpoint though, it just goes against quality of life. Weaponbelts effectively make it pointless, you just secure your two handed weapon, wield, devastate and switch back.

Surely if the damage a devastate would cause is the only concern you could just make two handed weapons hit as hard as one handed weapons for the purpose of devastate and just remove the continual weapon swapping.
    Sheirosia
    You can't weapon swap if you're off bal, so I am assuming it's to limit the damage done with the rsl combo. I might be misunderstanding.
  • SheirosiaSheirosia Sheffield, UK.
    Yeah, agreed, @Rowena. Just seems silly how we can code around the limitation when it would cause little to no harm to just allow all weapons to do this.
    Rowena
  • edited May 2014
    @Xavin‌

Listen brother, the difference is the mean level of mitigation between the two different damage types. The regular mean level of mitigation for cold damage vs fire damage on a PVP perspective is that holocausts AKA fire attacks deal more damage than singularities AKA cold attacks just because vampires get an additional fire malus. So from that level you need to look forward to what effects the two damage types per class. You'll find through a series of tables of difference class resistances that fire as an elemental damage type is roughly equivalent to magic damage. This puts it, as a damage type behind lightning and above cold for the options available to magi. That's going from the general type of damage to the class type of damage.

Now brother, I know what you're thinking. What gives people extra cold resistance? Well brother, the answer is weathering and weathering clones. These give an additional 5-15% damage reduction available to pretty much every damn class in the game that a sciomancer would regularly fight in PVP. So stripping their caloric defense actually just puts the two damage types on par with each other but Holocaust would still deal more damage slightly. Now you're adding an extra 10% resistance reduction on top of the fire damage penetration that's available to them fire damage holocausts. This holocaust penetration of resistance is not available to sciomancers, BTW.

So, that's the proof for why that's a buff for Ascendril. If you don't understand damage types after that or how you'd find out damage type comparisons after reading that, I think it'd be best to tell me so. So I know to ignore further questions from you in this segment in order to stop myself from being upset because that's as simple as I can say it. That's my 100%.

Editted: Because nobody got the reference.
    You should be nicer with your posts. You may have valid points, but your condescending and rude tone is going to stop people from even reading them.
    DaskalosSheirosiaArbreRowenaSlyphe
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Xiuhcoatl said:
    @Xavin‌ Lots of unnecessary condescension.
    As entertaining as the cigar-chewing, LEMME EDUCATE YEH daddy persona could be, you've made it extensively clear that the person behind the gimmick is not in it for anything productive. Lose the smuggery or get out.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    TrigruArbreXavinDaskalosIshinSaybreAarbrok
    So how about those enchanting casks!!!
    Arbre
  • edited May 2014
    Moirean said:

You can't weapon swap if you're off bal, so I am assuming it's to limit the damage done with the rsl combo. I might be misunderstanding.

No but you can code it so that when you see a shield, you swap weapons when you regain balance then do it. Then secure, wield and hit them with the two handed weapon before they can shield again. It's easy to code around. That's why it's just a quality of life thing. If it's to do with the actual damage of the raze slash itself that could be tweaked.
    With the dramatic increase in herbs we can now gather, are there plans to add a shop cache expansion arti? (also are enchantment cubes coming out today, I wanna go enchaaaaant)
  • edited May 2014
    After playing with frost stripping timing with holocausts, I'm finding it practically impossible to get the timing down right. Even if you have your timers perfect, an instance of server-side lag or a miniscule ping spike disrupts it. You're better off, as an ascendril, striking altering for fire at a specific target about a second before the holocaust chain goes off. Besides, after experimenting, I'm finding that the fireweakness affliction is much better at dropping audit than losing frost.

Basically, the argument 'this is a huge buff for ascendril' is moot because, frankly, it will likely never matter, unless we have a way to put some pretty massive elixir pressure on someone or frost is made to go up on a timer like levitation.

Striking heat will be better for doing alongside ordering the efreeti to ignite. Or before a scintilla against a vampire.