I remember...

AshmerAshmer Barefoot AdventurerLife

When Belakai left skidmarks all over town.

When Aeon was unstoppable.

When people died to hidden recklessness from tweak.

When @Caboose was Keeper.

When @Mazzion was a Mage.

When Mages were Mages.

When @Daskalos killed me in three hits.

When there was That One Undead Monk in Bloodloch, forget his name.

You turn!

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

Teani

Comments

• JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    I remember occultists in Ashtan

I remember Severn giving Ashtan minotaur guards

I remember undead houses being clans

I remember being a Druid and the GH being off the road near Delos

I remember Thera and the chicken egg quest

I remember manualing everything like sipping/moss/curing, walking around, and bashing

I remember Phil Collins

• TrigruTrigru the Bumberton's Delight
    When Syssin could rob you with Generosity.

When the Sentinels had their names carved into hills of shame.

When @Slyphe was a foxy lady.
    JensenAshmerTeani
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.

When @Wedric killed people with Grove Annihilation all the time.

When @Jianmin and @Ansury ViviCrippled everyone. And I mean -everyone-. Weep

When Ashtan was the third city of Undeath.

When Enorian was Shallam and the Vanguard was Sultan and Heralds Viziers.

When Fengard's Keep was Belladona's Keep.

When Galleus was trapped behind ice in the Tundra.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

TeaniRiluo
  • I remember... Wedric being a newbie something along the lines of three times. People blame it on griefing, but I just figure he's a newbie at heart anyway and we were just helping him back to his natural state.

I remember... Haern being accused of cheating in an event because the other side didn't realise HIDE stopped them seeing people pick items up off the ground. I love noobs.

I remember... when half the lighters learned about tab-complete. (Wait, that was last week >.> I love noobs, great for lulz)

I remember... when Belgarion was a mage with an arti bow, and would curare me to death whenever I wandered near (into his retardation). What a noob (me).

And lastly, when every second event was "Artifice, Severn did it!" (Seriously, it's been a while, when do we get him back?)

Teani
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    The thing recently with Hashan hiding a nasty monster that no god but Severn really knew about doesn't count as, "Artifice, Severn did it?"

As for me, I remember...

When Ashtan and Shallam were guarded by archers that insta-killed any enemy who entered the city.

When shopkeeping was very, very difficult for people with concoctions. The only way to get an appreciable number of herbs for sale was to get them all out of your pocketbelt (not cache, since those didn't exist yet and neither did shopcaches!) and then qq so that they'll all fall out of your inventory and land on the floor, where you could then price them. On the flip side, charging 30-40 gold per herb was entirely acceptable, as was selling refills of health for 300 gold apiece.

When I killed Shoimoro during the totem war events because he was AFK in a forest room that had been exterminated. Fixing that led to his enemy status with Duiran kicking back him, and the forest did the rest. I was never caught ICly, but my friend who was playing on the other side of the game got mad at me at school the next day.

When Niuran was named Midautumn.

When old-name vampires still played regularly, and seeing them stagger around the highway trying to get out of the sun during the day wasn't uncommon.

When getting tekal was actually difficult and dying hurt.

When the Sentaari had the worst GM title ever and gave off a distinctly hippie vibe.

When a new/changed guild meant an influx of newbies and alts rather than a few requests for apprenticeships.

When I finally figured out the concept of RP and promptly felt the need to not be connected to my first alts because of how bad some of the things I did as a newbie were in hindsight.
    LimTeaniNola
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited May 2014

I remember:

• When the only way to get Consanguine class was to kick your way to level 50 as a servant.
    • When you could attack the dragon in Belladonnas keep, then turn into mistform and it would chase you still. So I would charge into Shallam with it and watch the chaos as it slaughter everyone in sight.
    • When female Slyphe auto inducted me into the "Rainbow clan" and forced a pink coloured t-shirt on me that took 1 real year to get removed as it bugged up and old Varian thought it "suited me."
    • Injecting/sticking on the sun-line etc as a Bloodborn
    • When Spirokai and Co held Bloodloch at ransom for two real days. In turn forcing us all to mist just to exit the city, until we paid him 100,000 gold. Which was considered millions back then.
    • When being a vampire meant something and was a class people were scared of meeting on the highways.
    • No systems or auto mappers and only using the drawn maps of the site!
    • Credits that cost 1.5k
    • Using telnet!

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

LimTeaniXeniaAryanneHavenPerilunaNola
  • KaleighKaleigh The Inn
    AHH! Telnet, I remember those days. And the no mapping systems! Pretty sure I had them printed out to navigate easier.

Anyways, let's see what I can remember..
    - Having to pay clan fees
    - Crazy Hakhim and his obsession for rats.
    - Wandering through Ashtan and getting lost
    - When Crystal Leaf Inn was the place to be
    RiluoNola
  • BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    edited May 2014
    - Ciem being released on one of my first days of playing.

- Being an innocent bystanding newb when Minia was given it's most recent makeup and Desian beheaded me in front of all the darkies gathered there :/

- Shinobu talking over the GT channel and thinking it was a player and getting really disgruntled when they ignored me talking to them in the old Sentaari guildhall.

- Ashtan in all of it's confusing and quirky glory. I have really fond memories of that place.

- Someone creating a character called "Venedicto" and pretending they were my long lost brother.

- First meeting @‌kog outside Ashtan.

- Being chased around the Lirisis (?) Beach by Osifer.

- Ravek saving me from being lost in the Birkha Mire
    IosyneEmelle
  • Riluo said:

I remember:

• When the only way to get Consanguine class was to kick your way to level 50 as a servant.
    You didn't just join other guilds and hunt with their newbie skills?

Nope you were a servant and they made sure you knew it
    HavenRiluo
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    ^
    nope we were not allowed other classes then. You kicked and did it naked in the snow, while walking ten miles uphill :(

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• TrigruTrigru the Bumberton's Delight
    Depends, really. Back in the day, my vampire character was allowed to join the Sentaari and combo their way to level 50. Every sire was different!
    Ashmer
  • Riluo said:

^
    nope we were not allowed other classes then. You kicked and did it naked in the snow, while walking ten miles uphill :(

Lol...
    You could join another guild as a newb, pretend you weren't trying to be a vamp, and just stay until they booted you. Then pick the next guild.

I know, I did it (Bahir'an) pre-thrall-system.
    You just weren't sneaky enough.

• BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    Irruel said:

Riluo said:

^

Lol...
    You could join another guild as a newb, pretend you weren't trying to be a vamp, and just stay until they booted you. Then pick the next guild.

I know, I did it (Bahir'an) pre-thrall-system.
    You just weren't sneaky enough.

Doesn't that pre-suppose that you knew about the requirements before joining the game. As a trunewb I would have had no idea and my immersion was so complete I would have done anything I was told!

HavenTeaniAryanne
    Yeah I was like 12 during those days. I actually memorized and studied for guild/house tests. Not just copying and pasting
    HavenTeaniNolaIrae
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    Man, this is something that I did for Achaea but I'm sure I would have done it for Aetolia. I used to print out all the requirements and the questions that people would ask and then write my responses in a notebook way ahead of time. I think I spent more time working on those guild requirement questions than I did my homework.
    XeniaAliceAryanneTeaniRiluoJaslineEleneNolaIrae
  • Piper said:

Man, this is something that I did for Achaea but I'm sure I would have done it for Aetolia. I used to print out all the requirements and the questions that people would ask and then write my responses in a notebook way ahead of time. I think I spent more time working on those guild requirement questions than I did my homework.

I uh. I did something like this when I did my first few interviews on Tamori.

• ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Mudprawns.
    PiperXavinAryanneKraz
    Die in a fire, mudprawns
  • Piper said:

Is it bad I still have my notebook from doing this? Idk why I keep it. Sentimental I guess.
    Mudprawn wat?
    mud prawn
    a vile creature of the female variety, commonly found in bars or dingy night clubs. physical characteristics include bad skin, palisade fence-like teeth, and an unsettling fishy smell. come in a variety of shapes and sizes, none of which are attractive. avoid at all costs! if bitten by this creature, hack off the infected limb, to avoid the spread of poison.

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Ahaha. Oh man, Syssin days. The phasekateers.
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I remember....

...Spirean rogue Paladins. We did bliss duty at the IG and dels over CT.

...killing people with swordfish morph.

...Onesipherous (I mangled that spelling, I know) and Wedric being the only darkie source of concoctions.

...Vasilus's traps all over Spinesreach.

....disfavors that lasted for 2 RL months.

...when 80 was a very respectable level for a PKer.

...the Syssin's old wormhole network into a dozen shop stockrooms. Every time we needed inks or herbs, we'd just pop in and grab what we needed.

...phase-stalking people bashing for the free xp.

...when tradeskill designs were physical items. Tons and tons and tons of physical items.

...using shiftsoul (I think?) to slam someone with a truelock+voyria half a continent away.

...when illusioning 2 resto breaks and dstabing epseth was enough to behead half of the game.

...when noose actually killed people. OH WAIT @TOZ
    VolkaRiluoAryanneTrager
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    ....a time before exp bonuses?
    ArbreAryanne
  • SessizlikSessizlik Muffin Mage
    * When novices were novices quite some time ing, because to achieve gr3 was difficult.
    * When the Tekals were few and idolized.
    * Visiting the new area Telfinne.
    * The quest puppy from Goreskrat that peed on people.
    Aryanne
  • - The Sentaari still being in Shallam.

- The Sentaari having Niuri as a Patron.

- The Sentaari being kicked out of Enorian.

- Trying to newbie kick Big Z on a dare as a novice. Resiak was the worst guild mentor ever.

- Wedric.

- Caboose.

- Strung.

- Desian and his post about "Denomination" users.

- My responding post.

- Desian finding me and killing me. With 5 people in tow to help.

• The earliest memory I have of Aetolia I can actually confirm was meeting Cilsen when he was with Night...something. Nightcrawler?

I don't have any logs left from 2005 when I first started playing. ;_;
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
  • Nightshadow. Cilsen was with Nightshadow.

I remember when Nightshadow was a newbie, asking my Sentinel if she would go to his twenty-first birthday party.

I remember when @Atrapoema was a tiny Teradrim and I made fun of him for supposedly having big muscley arms and nothing else.

I remember shaking so bad during my first novice interview - officiated by @Rowena, I want to say... that I could barely type. I was TERRIFIED I would screw it up.

I remember creating the first character I ever played - Rivaine, my Sentinel - and being met on the Delos bridge by @Relandroc and Allanon and feeling immediately welcomed.

I remember when Houses were clans and you actually could steal them from people. I remember when there were two "House Bouchard" clans because some people didn't like how I ran the place.

I remember the bucket-brigade to put out the fire when Yggdrasil burned, although I don't actually remember why that happened - was too much of a noob at the time.

I remember Anasazy mistelling, "Move, b****, get out the way..." to the Bouchard clan channel, and imagining him muttering that IC while waiting in line at Seasone.

I remember when Niuri was a pretty well-beloved vampire goddess, for some reason.

I remember when Bouchard was threatened with being hunted by the Imperium for, among other reasons, the fact that Procell was wearing the title "Smooth Criminal."

I remember playing a Shadowsnake for like ten minutes once.

I remember an older vampire ordering me to bring him corpses when I was a tiny little servant, and bringing him pixies from Minia. And he had the good grace not to tell me how shockingly little that helped.

I remember bringing (much better) corpses to Strung as he stood on the road outside Enorian, raining down hell remotely because Bloodborn was new and bugged.

I remember gathering mosaic pieces. And maple leaves? I don't remember what THAT was for, though.

I remember @Anfini stealing a million gold from the Syssin and leaving. And Exodus and Mahakala hunted him down and took it all back - along with his backpack, which contained a Sentinel medallion given to him by Rivaine. This was one of the old medallions, the ones that didn't decay. And I tried for years to get them to give it back, but it never worked.

I remember Fallon and his earth-shattering frusting.

MoireanTrigruEmelleVolkaHadoryu
  • I remember Sleeping as a novice only to be killed by wild avo monkeys.
    Volka
    I remember the magi portaled to the first newbie island and got hammered in the tavern
    Ashmer
  • MarienaMariena By a lake.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=2wwZ814rSIA

This thread's name reminds me of this song. Warning, some language and not work safe themes. I totally recommend Repo! The Genetic Opera