Teradrim (Re)Elections

LinLin BlackbirdThe Moonglade
edited January 2013 in Harpy's Head Tavern
This discussion was created from comments split from: Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE.

The subject of this thread is sensitive. You may discuss it, but be warned that off-color comments, attacks, or other forms of abuse will be punished.
Amara

Comments

• If people don't like you they will do what's necessary to get you out of your position.

Apparently a lot of people don't like you being the Teradrim GM. However you can't go around accusing them of metagaming. For all you know they all could have been buddies IG and plotted to usurp you. For all you know you just happened to intercept a conversation between 2 players about what was going on in the game at that present time.
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    AmaraZunErzsebetArekaInfinMacavityAldricDashaXavinKonnornArbreAngweValenaeAzraelAxai
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    The real issue is that during the first election only three (I think) people voted against me, one of whom was barely active at all before.

-2- days have passed since that election ended. Let me repeat that. -48- hours.

There has been NO RP with the new people joining. Most of them don't know Sarita, and ICly can't possibly have seen too much of the inner workings of the guild since they just have not been there at all. That's where the notion of metagaming comes in.
    AmaraErzsebetValenaeAxai
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    edited January 2013
    Let's not forget that these people are complaining about how quiet the guild is.

We just got an event handed to us. It wasn't huge, but it was nice. Sarita and my character were the only ones talking, save for a bit of encouragement from Shinji.
    Amara
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    Sarita, not that I need to point this out as it should have been obvious....Macavity hates Sarita....   Macavity has been watching the Guild on the outside well before and after the skill changes and was curious what new information was in the guild so he joined.  Lone and behold the scrolls were poorly outdated and thus Mac saw the laziness of Sarita with the Guild.

Also with the RP part, just because you do not see the RP behind the election coming between Mac and others then thats Sarita's problem and not something for you to throw a pity party for, or blame metagaming for your lack of being a leader.
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
    InfinErzsebetZunMilvushinaNolaIllikaalAngweValenaeAzraelAmaraAxai
  • edited January 2013
    The question you need to ask here is "what have you done or not done" to have so many people wanting you removed. It seems like there must be some kind of IG issues here that are not being addressed, rather than pulling out the metagaming card. I know personally that this is the first thing I would ask IG, "why and what caused this".
    Carnifex failing since 2011. Fixes coming Soon ™
    AlistaireMacavityIllikaal
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    Go back and read the first paragraph of my initial post. Sarita's been trying to find out ICly, and is getting nothing.
    MacavityAmara
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    Sarita cannot say she got nothing for a reason.  Macavity spelled it out to her as simple as can be.  Sarita is power hungry and refuses to promote anyone to any type of leadership in order to keep her power.  And before you go off on me saying that I have only been in the guild for a few days (OOC) there are others that are high up in Guild Rank that can do the jobs and are active but yet you have not appointed them.  
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    Axai
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    Metagaming and Forum RP...

The only thing we're missing is Not Amika.
    EdhainAxai
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    Regardless of whatever faults Sarita may or may not have, the way this was conducted was pretty poorly handled IMO. She won an election already with the people who are currently involved in the guild - inducting a bunch of people out of nowhere and promoting them up to vote is in pretty bad taste. Coups do happen, sure, but the only way to really fight that is for her to kick out everyone that was inducted. I'm sure the other side would be in a huge uproar if that happened but it's the exact same principle as inducting and randomly promoting.

Gotta put in the work to win the election properly. Talk to everyone active in the guild, convince them of her faults and why you want to get rid of her. If there really is reason to boot her out of the position then people will see that and vote accordingly. Inducting and promoting friends to win it is just...bleh.
    AzraelAmaraLunaEdhainAxai
  • edited January 2013

I can explain part of the issue with the guild leadership since no one else wants too. Firstly, the scrolls are outdated, irrelevant and show no link between the old teradrim and the current changes. This is a easy fix and there is no excuse for not fixing them. Yet it still has not been corrected and has made it hard for those of us who are either new to the guild or reawaken into it. Secondly, the atmosphere is hostile and this is in part due to the current structure or lack of secretaries to converse with. If anything, it feels like a monopoly and this alone forces many new players to just up and leave the guild because there is no progression for them.

I could go on, but why bother trying to speak about it any further both in the game or out of character, as it just gets ignored. And yes it was brought up SEVERAL times in the guild and ignored.

I hope this at the very least explains what this is about from my point of view, as I can not speak for others in this matter.

Illikaal
    ...Why not just vote her out properly? Really. Or appeal to your patron in an IC mannor. Something.
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    Yeah I don't think many people have a problem with the fact that there was an election called. I have no involvement in the Teradrim whatsoever or with the people involved so I can't speak on the validity of those reasons but they sound an awful lot like the reasons I contested and took over D'baen. But that was done by spending a week or two messaging existing House members, talking to everyone and gathering what they thought, convincing them, then finally contesting.

Regardless of if change was needed or not, it's just very underhanded to go about doing it in the way it was done. Honestly just think, Sarita has to fight this by chucking out everyone that was inducted and possibly the inductors as well. That is just as unjust as what's being done to her. They're on the same level.
  • What bothers me is that the people responsible didn't give her -any- time to fix things after the first election ended. Not to mention how crappy constant elections like that is for an organization.

SaritaArbreAzraelAmaraErzsebetRhoAxai
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    edited January 2013
    The guild has just gotten an overhaul and it's really shaping up, lore-wise. We're getting events handed to us hand over earthen fist. It would really suck to see this thing fall apart and become Shaman 2.0.

And to clarify for the sensitive: The "Shaman 2.0" comment refers to the fact that the guild is very small and not very active.
    Amara
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Lin said:
    The guild has just gotten an overhaul and it's really shaping up, lore-wise. We're getting events handed to us hand over earthen fist. It would really suck to see this thing fall apart and become Shaman 2.0.

And to clarify for the sensitive: The "Shaman 2.0" comment refers to the fact that the guild is very small and not very active.
    Thank you for clarifying, because evidently I'm sensitive.  I got inordinately angry for a moment in a YOU'RE NOT EVEN IN MY GUILD, I'M TRYING OKAY IT'S A SLO- oh, he means that it's small, yeh, he's right.

Seir said:
    Promoting people DURING an election so that they can vote is illegal last time I checked, though I could be wrong.
    As far as Aetolia rules go, it's not illegal - it's just considered bad for by the majority of the people in the game.  As for whether or not it's against the -guild- rules, I can't say.
  • edited January 2013

Seir said:
     Promoting people DURING an election so that they can vote is illegal last time I checked, though I could be wrong.
    Yes promoting people DURING an election is bad taste. Thankfully people were inducted and passed their requirements BEFORE any election happened. It isn't that surprising that a player over 200 years old can pass a simple level, donation, skill level and lore based requirement list.

This is the key point that seems to have been forgotten, the players who passed their requirements are old players. Simple as that.
  • edited January 2013
    [reposted from original thread]

Oddly enough, no one has addressed the fact that this guild and its class just received a lot of attention from the game developers. As such, there might be a reason other than the aforementioned political drama for an influx of new members into the guild. As for myself, I resurrected my character after a fellow player notified me of the recent changes with the class. Haedyn has a history with the Teradrim and Lord Ivoln's order so the news of an updated skillset along with a potential return of Ivoln to the RP scene peaked my interest. 

I have no history with Infin, Shinji, or Sarita. Frankly, they are strangers to both me and my character and I don't have a clue as to whether they are capable organizational leaders or not. 
  • I still think that is hilarious that people are still making these assumptions based on one person's perception of it. I personally don't know what's going on with everyone's motives nor do I give a shit. What DOES bother me is that said person is deluded enough to think that EVERYONE who was inducted during that time span is to get her. Beyond that, accuse them of something as strong as metagaming with absolutely no proof that everyone in question was even involved.

Bur I guess only Erzsebet and Ezrax get immunity to the metagaming card, right?
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    Shinji
    Fair enough, but there's really no way of knowing how deep the metagame crew rolls short of having an admin go back through an unknown number of tells and whatnotery, is there.

Its like if a sandwich falls in the toilet (why this would ever happen, I don't know), do you try and figure out which part didn't touch the piss? Likewise, the whole election has been invalidated and befouled by a group of unknown size. But that's really just my opinion.
    AzraelShinjiIllikaalHavenEzalorAmaraErzsebetDourifAxai
    Not to imply anything disrespectful about the guild or the people in it with my sandwich analogy. I'm very hungry.
    MilvushinaAmara
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Angwe said:
    ...if a sandwich falls in the toilet (why this would ever happen, I don't know), do you try and figure out which part didn't touch the piss? Likewise, the whole election has been invalidated and befouled by a group of unknown size. But that's really just my opinion.
    You really hit the nail on the head there.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    I just want to say, the pattern of 'agree' and 'disagree' votes in this thread is hilarious.

LinKiyotanSeirZunMastemaAmaraIllikaalIstoLiancaEdhain
  • edited January 2013
    No "List" was given, because moments later everyone spoke about what was missing and have been doing so ever since. Many tells, messages, says and even some attempts at GTS and GT.

But lets be honest, would Sarita have truly listened to ANYTHING Shinji said after the election? It is easy to say she would, but in reality she would not have. She was clearly upset by the election and confused why it even happen. THIS is not a attempt to insult Sarita, but any attempt to speak and express it was not a personal attack and had a reason were met with two or three words of a "HMFF!" nature. Which is understandable as said above.

In this Shinji spoke with others and we discussied what we felt were the issues, namely no attempt to update helpfiles to show what a novice had to do. No goals or tasks set for higher members besides jamming Shinji into the head of a clan that is barely used, asking him to repeat what he seen and did, namely with the event that happened. I seen after the election some shuffling of papers and an attempt to set up a contest with a short essay on strength. But that is really it. No time had passed for much else, I will admit, but why did we have to wait until after an election before something was done?

Is it so unbelieveable to understand that Shinji instead of making a list then and there, would seek out others and speak about what issues they had to later discuss as a whole?

Attempts to bring in more members have been now seen as a horrible horrible disguisting and shameful action that should be shunned and spat at, which is odd beyond simple words. It is a new guild of sorts, we have all seen members joining and in some cases leaving days later once they think they know everything.

Why this comes as a shock confuses me.

• edited January 2013
    In all honesty 90% of this should be sorted out IC and not here on the forums, as all it is doing is creating more bitterness towards certain parties OOC and it -will- transfer into the way people interact with each other IG. There must be others who are seeing this, or am i alone in thinking this is not productive and just a ton of forum RPz.
    Carnifex failing since 2011. Fixes coming Soon ™
    Edhain
This discussion has been closed.