Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• I think @moirean is talking more mechanical stuff, but I'm going to throw my agree in here either way.

As for me, as far as RP goes I pretty much disregard a class being dormant as anything other than a game mechanic. I will RP ascendril / luminary / lycan stuff,because those are the classes I have and have been transcendent in for in game years at least. Even when I forgot Ascendril shit to free up a class, I RP'd it. Because really, you don't master something and then the next day not know how to do it because your brain just couldn't fit enough things in it.

AryanneIshinHavenNolaAshmer
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    suggest senwick action sip health
    Mana Lost: 50
    You cannot force someone to do that.
    Suggestion #0 makes no sense, Syssin.

This makes me want to take a bat and break things. What in the SHIT is this. I take a break, come back, and I can't action someone to SIP something? R U SRS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    People were being forced to sip a special booze that'd p. much instakill you, or spam chugging the NPC-sold liquid steel to the point of dying, it became p. griefy and annoying. 
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    Dourif was forcing people to sip super high alcoholic drinks that instantly put you to pass out phase.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

Dourif
    edited April 2014
    9.4.1 Antidotes

Many are the foul poisons in the land and the wise player doses himself
    with small doses of these venoms in order to build resistance to them.  
    This skill will do this; slowly strengthening your body's natural       
    ability to ignore damage caused by venoms.                              

Those who are Transcendent in Antidotes gain the "Purge" ability, which
    allows them to purge their body of the effects of alcohol, cactus weed  
    and the ebrius serum. The syntax for this is PURGE BODY or PURGE        
    SUBSTANCE.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Purge only does one level, and it doesn't work when one-to-two sips get you to blood poisoning. 
    ...why do you people always feel the need to try and logic me when I get mad. IT DOESN'T FUCKING WORK. Just...let me be angry and vent, Jesus fucking Christ.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    I RAGE AT ISHIN RAGING AT LOGIC

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

IshinSheirosia
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    AshmerSheirosia
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Rashar said:
    I think @moirean is talking more mechanical stuff, but I'm going to throw my agree in here either way.

As for me, as far as RP goes I pretty much disregard a class being dormant as anything other than a game mechanic. I will RP ascendril / luminary / lycan stuff,because those are the classes I have and have been transcendent in for in game years at least. Even when I forgot Ascendril shit to free up a class, I RP'd it. Because really, you don't master something and then the next day not know how to do it because your brain just couldn't fit enough things in it.

That's exactly what I mean. I think it would be cool if there were some cross-class mechanics in there to highlight your core class with stuff you've learned from others. Just flavor, ya know, but could be cool.
    IshinAshmer
  • Ishin said:
    Despite all his rage, he's still just AFK at Gates-age...?

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

IshinSetneVimi
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

IshinPerilunaLimRiluo

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

TozAshmerSetneEmelleLimAryanneRiluoHadoryuPeriluna
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    ...All this Hulk business.  

My rage looks more like this.

AshmerTrigruEmelleAleeArbre
  • Ok guys we've posted about the same thing 3 times in a row in the rage thread everyone stop raging before they come cart us off

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

AshmerSetne
  • QUIT. BEATING. THIS. TO. DEATH.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

IshinAshmerAryanneTeaniPerilunaVimi
  • Best series of rage posts ever.

I rage at never having enough haven points, rawr! I gather like, 20, and then they slowly dwindle down and I'm sitting there thinking, where the heck are they going!? Is someone eating them!!?
    IshinAshmer
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.

Sell you some.
    Used Points: 118  Remaining Points: 69

Oh wait, we can't do that. :(

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• @Aarbrok <3 the sailor moon ref

Also technically you can buy haven points... they are just stupidly expensive... and can't be bought from other players.

Evil evil tease of a game... >: (
    Ishin

• Roux said:
    Best series of rage posts ever.

I rage at never having enough haven points, rawr! I gather like, 20, and then they slowly dwindle down and I'm sitting there thinking, where the heck are they going!? Is someone eating them!!?
    Used Points: 37  Remaining Points: 190
    I'll give you some of mine..... Seriously, I rage that there aren't more uses for haven points.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• You've also spent all the raceskill points you want?
  • Used Points: 93 Remaining Points: 2

All Raceskills and about 22 points in the Haven. I've always wanted to recreate Old Ashtan...

Today's Rages:
    - Sniping garners no group xp during foci.
    (Might as well remove the skill in all it's increasing uselessness.)

- Refunds for Hammer of Forging, please.
    (Pretty sure it does nothing at all and I actually unlearn how to forge when using it.)
    *unnecessary banner*
    MoireanIshinVimi
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Sniping is pretty powerful, but risk free. Can understand it not giving group exp. You're not really taking any of the risk involved in sharing it.
    DaskalosXavinAreka
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    edited April 2014
    It's not just sniping. If you kill someone and they run away and bleed to death or you catch them as they run with a meteor or a ranged hit, you still aren't getting credit unless you get the killing blow. Effective ranged attacks and smart movement are a big part of team PK. A lot of times if I get focused, I'll duck out of the room and actively keep up offensive pressure through archery or ents while recovering. It's silly that because you're playing more tactical and not just sitting there autobashing off a trigger call you end up with less xp. It's also teaching and encouraging dumb fighting tactics - someone who is alive is more valuable than someone who's not, but if you aren't going to get xp for good retreating, appropriate use of range and movement, people end up fighting zergish. People are doing things like arcing their entire team to tag everyone and spamming random AoEs just to try to rake in the xp, whereas people who do smart things like lock down a tertiary target are ending up with less xp for trying to be tactical. It's encouraging new fighters to fight dumb and it's stressful.
    Ishin
  • It's low-risk. I've been tracked down quick enough while sniping during a group fight.
    Ishin
    Same here. @Ariadne and I think it was maybe @Teani(back when she was on team good derps) have done it to me a few times when they noticed me out sniping at a lesser or something. It really isn't hard. Squint each direction, or even farsee, then goto.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited April 2014

@Rou what is with hammer it seems pretty meh these days. Did it get a bigger nerf that has not been mentioned. As I am pretty sure that racial, trans and hammer made no true improvement I could see. Have you had a similar issue?

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Well in either case it was not exactly a nerf, things still work like they worked before, experience wise. I think if it starts giving out exp at range it's going to create more problems than it solves.
    Daskalos
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    @Ishin: I was in lycan. I used TRACK to pounce on you. It takes balance, but with stealth it can take a moment or two for the target to notice, where you regain balance and can start attacking.

Re Hammer: Sometimes the RNG gods are with you, sometimes they aren't. It shows  most doing armour and split-grade weaps. 
This discussion has been closed.