Microsoft office or alternatives

When I got my laptop, I got a free 1 yr trial of Microsoft office 2010 but when it ran out after last April, I never got a replacement because I couldn't afford it at the time. Still can't.

Can anyone point me to a reputable website where I can download Microsoft office 2010 for free (if possible, cheaply if not) or give me some information about alternatives and where to find them?

imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*

Comments

• Meyvitch said:

When I got my laptop, I got a free 1 yr trial of Microsoft office 2010 but when it ran out after last April, I never got a replacement because I couldn't afford it at the time. Still can't.

Can anyone point me to a reputable website where I can download Microsoft office 2010 for free (if possible, cheaply if not) or give me some information about alternatives and where to find them?

Check for openoffice. It's roughly equivalent. If you were nearby me I would offer my copy of office 2007, but I can't hand you the code since it technically belongs to my jerb.

Ashmer
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life

Apache OpenOffice is fantastic. I like it better than Microsoft Office, frankly. You can just Google it, it's a free open-source project.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

ArbreAryanneMinarael
  • I just use google docs. It has a lite version of excel, and a pretty decent version of Microsoft Word - oh yeah, and everything you do is saved to the cloud so you can access all your stuff from anywhere.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Areka
  • I have both Open Office and Microsoft Office and occasionally use Google Docs. 

I prefer Excel, I prefer the word equivalent in Open Office, and I use Google Docs for collaborative things. If I couldn't get Microsoft Office, I wouldn't have any problems using Open Office exclusively. It's compatible with all the document types you'll need, is very user friendly, has most of the tools you'll need, and it's free. 
    imageimage
  • If you happen to be a student (or have an .edu email address) there is a pretty nice discount on the software available from Microsoft directly.
  • I work for Xerox, there's a 90% discount on Microsoft office 2013, but it requires a monthly subscription--no thanks!
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
  • Meyvitch said:
    I work for Xerox, there's a 90% discount on Microsoft office 2013, but it requires a monthly subscription--no thanks!
    Wat. You can't just...buy a copy of the software and be done with it?

• apparently not on the Microsoft website unless you want to pay $130? Which has no employee discount. They're touting a program including Skype and cloud storage. Meh.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I did download one of the programs yesterday, and my resume is completed. :)

• TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    I've got Kingsoft Office and it works pretty well.