Lycans are out!

Comments

• edited April 2014
    For starters, these changes are super cool, and we've all been anticipating them for a long time. I am very happy that people can start out with some shifter stuff without investing lessons because this means that there will be a lot more shifters to play with :) and basically anyone will be able to pack up once that part gets released.

I do have some comments/feedback/notes to add, though. Mostly it's nothing super crazy bad or anything, just little stuff:

I'd like it if there were a command you could send to see your madness instead of only adding it to prompt. My understanding is that it takes a huge amount of time to reach madness levels that do anything bad, and I don't want to see it on my prompt all the time, but just want to manually check up on it from time to time at will. I was considering making an alias to swap my prompt back and forth just to check, but that feels like a clunky solution for what I am looking for. Maybe I should just trash mush and go to mudlet where I can do GMCP for it or something, I dunno.

I main shifter as my wolf, like, I have another class but I really only have it because I wanted to be in a guild. There's like 60 lessons in it or something. I hate that all my stuff gets stripped when I revert/mutate, though. I know why we do this for class swapping, the extra defs would make people OP, but is there maybe a way to make defs go dormant instead? I switch back and forth between mutated and nonmutated form on a fairly regular basis for RP purposes and this is kind of burdensome. I know this would be a monstrous change to how defs and class swapping works currently, but it's just something to maybe think about.

Related to shifting, and sort of tied in to the game seeing your mutating/reverting as a class swap, my den keeps disappearing if I revert. I think other people's class tied rooms (tents, etc.) are disappearing when they mutate too. This was normal before, if you swapped out of class your den went poof, but I feel like the way things have been setup and presented now this is probably an unintended side effect.

There was mentioned in another thread by @Oleis that flurry was going to get a shorter balance time, but I didn't see anything about it in the announces with the other stuff that got changed. Is this still in the works and needed more balance thought, or did the idea get scrapped as OP, or something else?

EDIT: Also, eating carrion out of your den reduces madness, but eating the corpse from your inventory does not. Is this intended? Seems like it should work both ways.

Super excited to see the pack changes coming up and uber-thanks for all the hard work and thought that has gone into improving things for us! <3<3<3<3
    Rawr
    Calipso
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Could add madness to STAT along with your sobriety and bleeding. That would be nifty!
    Haven
  • Or just a command, like TOUCH SPARK or KAI WHATEVER.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

• TOUCH MADNESS, clearly.
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    YOU HAVE NO MADNESS
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • Haern said:
    TOUCH MADNESS, clearly.
    Did you say Touch of Madness?

(Okay, I don't play wow but it sounded familiar and that's the first thing that came up when I googled)

• MaullerMauller Blue Ridge Mnts, Va
    changes super cool lmao
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    @Amberlea Madness is reduced when you eat corpses out of your inventory, as I'm not up to dens and eating both pincher and bandit corpses reduced my madness. Also, Razmael said that non-class defenses would not be stripped on shifting, unless you mean class defenses, which I agree should go dormant if you shapeshift.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    Ssarojin
  • Killing them also reduces madness, at a rate of approximately 2-3% per mob.
    Jasline
  • Non class defs were being stripped earlier (blindness, deafness, thirdeye, etc.) I'll check again in a minute when I feel like having to re-def.

Perhaps eating the corpses was lowering it. There was no message like there was for eating out of the den and when I killed stuff, and I'm not keeping madness on my prompt so I figured it didn't do anything.
    Rawr
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    Amberlea said:
    Non class defs were being stripped earlier (blindness, deafness, thirdeye, etc.) I'll check again in a minute when I feel like having to re-def..
    Razmael said that this is coming with the liaison changes that are yet to be released, at least the non class defs
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Since there is no restriction on mutating as far as I'm aware, I do not believe making things dormant would be a solid solution. Otherwise, in terms of combat (while a cool concept on paper I think), it'd be a balancing nightmare to consider that one moment you're fightning in X class and then in the next moment you're fighting as a Shapeshifter at the drop of a hat and ready to go and back into the previous class again...

I might be misunderstanding you though but yeah. Redeffing sounds like a necessary evil.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • edited April 2014
    I think she means that defs you retained (regardless of form) as a non-mutated lycanthrope are completely stripped now when you revert. This makes the current situation worse than before. It is expecially noticeable for people who used lycans as their main class.

In other words, reverting shouldnt wipe all defs, just the shapeshifter specific ones.
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    I am just curious....has anyone tried to force someone to mutate??  or has that already been taken care of?  

That would suck to be forced in that to be given the mutate sickness
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
    edited April 2014
    Macavity said:
    I am just curious....has anyone tried to force someone to mutate??  or has that already been taken care of?  

That would suck to be forced in that to be given the mutate sickness
    Nope. Tested it with Feichin.

Edit: Can't force to mutate but can force to revert. Bugging that now!
    havenbanner2
  • Haven said:
    Since there is no restriction on mutating as far as I'm aware, I do not believe making things dormant would be a solid solution. Otherwise, in terms of combat (while a cool concept on paper I think), it'd be a balancing nightmare to consider that one moment you're fightning in X class and then in the next moment you're fighting as a Shapeshifter at the drop of a hat and ready to go and back into the previous class again...
    Mutation sickness halves your stats and doubles balance/eq regain for one minute after mutating/reverting, to prevent the situation you describe.

Elwyn
  • I wonder if Aetolia is going to become host to the first ever instance of mutated-racism, and wars, between the four lycan factions.
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Well everyone knows Bears are inferior anyways.
    LinSetneIshin
  • edited April 2014
    I see your cornering, and raise you a brace.

Proof!

Plus, you dogs all smell funny.

• RiluoRiluo The Doctor

This is what I see when I think of werewolves vs werebears :(image

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

Since when have there been Thistlefur Shaman in Skyrim?!?!?!?!
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Lin
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    mods bro, mods.  Elderscrolls games are nothing without the modding community.
    Lin
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    edited April 2014
    Im sorry I can't hear you over my awesome.

RiluoSlyphe
    A WILD AARBROK APPEARS!!
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • That looked more like a wild Ferrik.
  • Did lycan limb damage ever get standardized to a specific amount, rather than varying on target HP?
    Only for mangle and destroy, Mac. As far as I know that is.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Give limb classes damage_view!
    havenbanner2
  • Haven said:
    Give limb classes damage_view!
    Tried this, liaisons shot it down because ??? - I say ??? because all the liaisons I've mentioned it to seem to have liked the idea. v.v

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

MoireanIshin
  • It is being standardised as part of the liaison changes.