Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• Moirean said:
    I was bashing at least twice as fast as the other globe users (I'm currently setup to do 2700 damage per 2.5 seconds with around 60% crit), 
    I frenzy for about 3.5k at the moment with the crit arti, grimstim, eggnog buffs etc. 

So that's debatable. I only had a couple of globes though. I passed up the opportunity to buy more because others wanted them. 
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    On a different note - I gave in to the wheel promo and bought 15 tokens. 10 spins....and I got like 3 double xp and 3 crit increase. For 4 hours, because the wheel stacks badly. I stopped spinning, despite buying these because I want to use the wheel. This design is so frustrating. Why can it give chalices or grimstim or stack another 24 hours :/ I really can't believe this is by design?
    Riluo
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    The issue is that you can't really call it a competition when there are clear elements of paying to win (unless of course the contest is about who is willing to pay the most as opposed to who is the most skilled/has the time to compete). Not to even mention any of the other issues with the setup. Regardless, I don't believe Great Hunts are things Aetolia's staff could modify in any truly significant way themselves. I recall reading somewhere that these sort of events are regulated and stuff by IRE's top dogs or something.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    CalipsoAarbrok
  • Honestly, the entire game of Aetolia is pretty much a game of pay to win, with only a little bit of skill.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    edited April 2014
    Yea, after I couldn't keep up with people using globes I bought some myself. Also, I'm not hunting for me -- there's two new newbies to the game who I mentored and anything I win will be split between them, because that's how I roll. I don't need the credits. Also, how did you get your damage so high? With every possible rune\orbs\artifact and 21 str I'm topping out at around 2100 at 2.56

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• Zsadist said:
    Honestly, the entire game of Aetolia is pretty much a game of pay to win, with only a little bit of skill.
    For bashing stuff yeah, it's artifacts, but for PvP there have been plenty of people disprove that. 
    Zsadist said:
    Honestly, the entire game of Aetolia is pretty much a game of pay to win, with only a little bit of skill.

Basically, what Rowena said. It takes an enormous amount of skill to be good at PK.

"If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• Daskalos said:
    Yea, after I couldn't keep up with people using globes I bought some myself. Also, I'm not hunting for me -- there's two new newbies to the game who I mentored and anything I win will be split between them, because that's how I roll. I don't need the credits. Also, how did you get your damage so high? With every possible rune\orbs\artifact and 21 str I'm topping out at around 2100 at 2.56
    I have 21 strength, knuckles, prae hunting boon, red orb and amulet and a caramel chocolate. That damage is, hilariously enough, at -15% from the Insidiae debuff. 
  • Daskalos said:
    Not to sound crude but that is a really crappy way of using this event..

It goes against the spirit of the event of players applying and pushing themselves (some not even getting sleep) to outpace others and gain points to finally seize victory and a lovely credit prize. You are an extremely 'artied' out person and as you said you dont need the credits, so it seems somewhat against the spirit of this entire event for you to bashing and taking a spot from hard working players just to hand them over to other players that didnt even get off their asses and try :/.
    DaskalosArekaSlypheTeaniSetneRowenaFenrir
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    edited April 2014
    Yeah it's the chocolate that does it. I don't have a blessing or +str and only level 2 boon, and I've got my statpack focused on experience gain, so my dps is nowhere close to the potential max. Rowena is likely closer, but imho vamp isn't as good for great hunt bashing except for weird circumstances like the globes.
    edited April 2014
    The players I'm giving to are competing their asses off, as you say, in their own tier. What I choose to do with credits I win, in any event, is mine. I  give away a -lot- of credits annually. Let me also say that the attitude of 'you have a lot of stuff so you shouldn't participate' annoys me. Yes, I've spent a lot of money and have a lot of stuff. That doesn't mean I suddenly have -less- of a right to participate in events than you do.

RiluoSlypheRivasHavenIshinTeaniRowenaPerilunaJensen
  • edited April 2014
    Daskalos said:
    Zsadist said:

Basically, what Rowena said. It takes an enormous amount of skill to be good at PK.

To a point, there is a certain amount of skill to applying combat knowledge and a metagame around curing orders and identifying and targeting faults in others systems. I say to a point because that's if you're building your own automated curing and offense, someone can run someone elses system and A.I and if it has godlike tracking to the point you don't need to manual anything then yeah... you can't claim a lot of skill in that, you're using someone elses skill. 

Some classes are just fundamentally broken as well, like no matter how godlike you are, winning with certain classes against really good systems just isn't possible as none of their kill conditions are viable against perfect curing.

To an extent, but those that buy a system or are given it will 95% of the time lose to those who built their own, because if you didn't build it, you can fix it on the fly with command line variable alterations.

• Moirean said:
    Yeah it's the chocolate that does it. I don't have a blessing or +str and only level 2 boon, and I've got my statpack focused on experience gain, so my dps is nowhere close to the potential max. Rowena is likely closer, but imho vamp isn't as good for great hunt bashing except for weird circumstances like the globes.
    I'm not set up for hunting at all because I don't have the reincarnation artifact. I'm always in PvP Praenomen,so EQ reduction, no experience gain, no crit augments etc. 

• Daskalos said:
    The players I'm giving to are competing their asses off, as you say, in their own tier. What I choose to do with credits I win, in any event, is mine. I  give away a -lot- of credits annually.
    The point still stands, while others are pushing and competiting because they may need the credits or honors line, you're only doing it to give away credits which as you said you apparently already do anyway. It's taking away a spot from a dedicated player that actually has use for the reward :/
    DaskalosArbreLinTeaniIshinRowena
  • edited April 2014
    This is true, there is some skill involved in PK, but like Daskalos said, some people are able to just buy a completely made system (or currently completely made system) and still rock people. I'm not saying everything is pay to win, just most of it.

Edit: I wish I could code my own system, would be so much fun, but I don't know much about lua :(
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

edited April 2014

That's a ridiculous stance to take, Calipso. Should I not be allowed  to play the game how I want to because I happen to have spent money? (and a lot of it, at that?). Also, Zsadist, I still run cmud man. To me, it's easier (but I've been using it forever). Yea, there are some drawbacks, but it gets the job done most of the time.

• You run CMud? -.- Damn man... don't you ever lag on that at all? I ran ZMud for years and i couldn't do large group fights cause it would lag so bad....

• The curing side of his system is a mudbot module, which takes a lot of the load off cmud's trigger parser.

Daskalos
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    edited April 2014
    Zsadist said:
    This is true, there is some skill involved in PK, but like Daskalos said, some people are able to just buy a completely made system (or currently completely made system) and still rock people. I'm not saying everything is pay to win, just most of it.

Edit: I wish I could code my own system, would be so much fun, but I don't know much about lua :(

You know from first-hand experience that this isn't how this works. PK ability isn't all coding - in fact, the only aim of coding is to have the entire range and most effective combination of your class' abilities at your fingertips. How you use it from there is up to you, and is really the deciding factor. The base code just facilitates that vision.

edited to add: And if you want to start coding your own system, just poke me, I can get you started.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

RiluoIshin
  • I've always wanted the Great Hunt to be more of an arena event/instance kind of deal. You "enter" the great Hunt. You get placed onto a new area by yourself and just hunt till your fingers bleed. This will give everyone an equal footing for mobs out there, and those that have the ability to spend money and buy credits get an equal footing as well so they are not called cheaters or anything. Just my two cents.

CalipsoArekaAryanneMinaraelHavenTeaniPeriluna
    If you do that, the conversation will shift to classes that have superior bashing, higher crit rates, and artifacts. Part of the beauty of the hunt is having to compete and find areas no one else is hunting to hunt.

MoireanArekaAryanne
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life

And PKing your competitors.

Just kidding!

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

DaskalosAryanneSlypheRivasCalipsoIshinTragerSetnePeriluna
  • edited April 2014
    I hate how extended times at the computer during this hunt is making my eyes hurt and is beginning to give me a headache. :(

They should make like a time frame in the middle of the hunt and have it dubbed "Break time" where the entire hunt pauses to allow everyone to take a breather, stretch, whatever. Make it like 1-2 hours or something.

VimiCalipsoIshin
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    edited April 2014
    Tbh, the whole competing for areas that aren't bashed out thing is the primary reason I -don't- participate in this event. It's frustrating to actually -want- to bash for once and to have nowhere to actually do it unless I drop down to damn-near newbie level locations.

If that's necessary to make it a fun competition, I wish it didn't leave the world bashed out for the people who aren't participating. God forbid anyone need to hunt for something. >.>

Additionally--still raging at administrative decisions that I perceive as excessively limiting. Also raging that I really feel like just never crafting again at the moment, and raging that even contemplating my Aetolia experience without crafting makes me just want to quit.
    imageimage
    Minarael
    Instances don't count, so Xaanhal should be good at least.

Calipso
  • Well how about this, those that have won the Great hunt, are placed into a seperate tier of champions.

VimiMoireanArbreXavinCalipsoTeaniRowena
  • Can we get back on to rage and not complaining about the great hunt? Or split the topic?

Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
    Vimi
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    For as long as I can remember, people not winning the Great Hunt has been complaining at the ones that were. 'Artifacts unbalance the event, it's unfair that people who already has tons of credits are competing, -I- deserve those credits -more-, chocolates/globes/whathaveyou takes away all the skill from it.' There has been legitimate balancing concerns, but this petty self-entitlement complex really spoils a lot of the fun of competing for the top spot, or at least it did for me. It's particularly annoying when random people from the other side of the fence sends you OOC tells about how people over there are talking crap about you just for participating in an IRE-wide event. People need to step back, realize that this is a Great Event even if Moirean/Daskalos/whoever is beating them, and put forward constructive criticism; perhaps the elemental globes give too many points, if so, message @Razmael about it and start a thread on the forums so the problem gets some attention. Great Hunts have changed -a lot- over the years, just cutting down respawn times by half is doing lots to give people a chance to do some serious bashing even if they're not artifacted to the teeth.
    AshmerFaerahRivasIshinDaskalosRowena
This discussion has been closed.