Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Hadoryu said:
    That sounds really harsh.

Man, I know some people love bashing, but for the love of me I couldn't imagine a worse way to spend copious amounts of my free time. Watching paint dry is a close alternative, but then at least I could maybe gain introspection and become a bodhisatva.

Who needs this grind as a hoop to jump through for PK adequacy, really?
    Yeah, it sucks. Just means I gotta make a larger buffer between 99/100. 101.25 wasn't enough!  :((
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    @haven I'm going to pk you back to circle 79, enjoy eating and sleeping again!
    Haven
    Jensen said:
    @haven I'm going to pk you back to circle 79, enjoy eating and sleeping again!
    havenbanner2
    IshinAryanneArbreTrager
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.

I love bashing :\ (honestly, this is just a reason to see my new signature Haven found for me)

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

Haven
    I found one for @Ezalor too!

havenbanner2
    IshinDourifBenedictoNolaIsonAlexina
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    That makes no sense to me. You can kill 2-3 Xorani in Xaanhal and gain back the XP you lose from dying to PK.
    Xavin
    Lin said:
    That makes no sense to me. You can kill 2-3 Xorani in Xaanhal and gain back the XP you lose from dying to PK.
    I really, eally hate bashing. I find no enjoyment in it at all. I only ever did it because it was a requirement for PK to nab endgame for all the essential buffs. And I only ever delved into PK because it felt stupid to me to RP being rough and an Infernal without well... having the skills to back it up.

Honestly, I'd make a fully automated autobasher that moves and kills everything in sight but I'm almost positive I might fall asleep at the computer or end up watching a movie or needing to leave for some reason and return to find myself shrubbed. So I refrain from the temptation to overcome my distaste for bashing.
    havenbanner2
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    I understand that, really, and I don't mean to be contrary, but what we're discussing here is a loss that takes approximately two minutes two remedy.

Now I do agree that you shouldn't lose enhancements on level loss - after all, we don't lose our purchased racial skills. It would make for a more consistent design.
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    If I die I just go Teradrim and trololol my way through Xaanhal. By the time I get to the end I'm like, 5% ahead of where I was BEFORE I died, or further, depending on double xp and stuff.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • Lin said:
    Unless - Haven has been slain by the magical power of a wiry Xorani guard. - happens :P @Lin & @Haven

.. I guess he tested it out and failed lol :P
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • @Haven, I don't see why you hate bashing so much. 15-25 minutes and you can run through the entire instance of Xaanhal, because at endgame level your crit rate is high enough that you just curbstomp everything and effectively get like 1-3% (dependent on your level). Hell, I know sometimes you sit there and do nothing for 15 minutes :P Use that idle time to curbstomp some Xorani. :P

Also, I hate how the ignore function isn't a 2 way street. :/ Perhaps that should get changed.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

@Zsadist: For me, there is no interesting element to fighting mobs. I can't counter their attacks. Their offenses are primarily cycles between: stun/prone, blackout, impale/web, superhigh damage. Maybe some loki or paralysis or a limb break. I'm limited to 2-3 bashing attacks more or less per class. Snoooooozzzzeee.

At most I'm having to decide whether or not to run one or two rooms away. Otherwise I'm just whittling away their health and watching text scroll with little to no change. Hitting 1 alias every minute per mobtype per room.... Meh. There's just no thrill to it really. It does not even come close to actual PK where every second counts.
    havenbanner2
    HadoryuTeani
    Can't stock more than 500 items in a stockroom because of room limit despite city having pylon to enable 750... anyone else having this happen?

"If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• edited April 2014
    @Haven. Yes, PK does have a more interesting element to it, but most top tier fighters have some sort of offensive system in placed that runs a few tables of variables, if/then statements, and triggers to decide what venom to use next, when to Absolve/Annihilate, etc etc etc and all they have to do to start their combat is a single hotkey/alias because after that, its all automated. Is that not the same thing as bashing?
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

Hadoryu
    Zsadist said:
    @Haven. Yes, PK does have a more interesting element to it, but most top tier fighters have some sort of offensive system in placed that runs a few tables of variables, if/then statements, and triggers to decide what venom to use next, when to Absolve/Annihilate, etc etc etc and all they have to do to start their combat is a single hotkey/alias because after that, its all automated. Is that not the same thing as bashing?
    @Zsadist: It's why I mostly manual my offense. While I understand there is a certain pride or what have you in watching your creation go and achieve success... I need to be able to be doing something.
    havenbanner2
  • @Haven: If you join Bloodloch, you can jsut get dragged through everything with @Ezalor...no need to bash then.

• While I've been attempting to learn to use combat AI, I find it -incredibly- stressful. I learned how to fight with a solid curing system and a series of aliases, some basic highlights and a very simplistic tracker. Now I have a shoddy curing system and a reasonable decent AI and it makes me panic every time I try to fight. I dislike offensive AI a lot. 

Also, there's a lot less adrenaline and reward involved with bashing than there is in PK. PK has some truly amazing seat-of-your-pants moments. Bashing is a tedious, dull means to an end. It took me 8 years to have my first level 80 character, to give you an idea of how very little I enjoy bashing. :P 
    imageimage
    HavenIshin
  • edited April 2014
    Haven said:
    I rage that I'm forced to bash even though I already got endgame because losing levels affects my PK enhancements at random. >_< I loathe bashing! My plan was once that I got endgame to never bash again. I don't even care to pursue the augment enhancers. Why do this to me Aetolia?! Why?!

I really wish once you got the main enhancement point, you kept it and thus left your essential PK stuff (like +bal/+eq) enhancements unaffected. Losing it at random and waiting for a reincarnation to adjust the loss of stuff blows.

/rant
    I know how you feel.

I -loathe- grinding/bashing. I find it so tiresome and boring that I would prefer gouging my eyes out, but alas leveling is for some reason the only way I can accumulate haven points to expand my haven. Days like this I wish there was some sort of token that provides 10 haven points.

Lin said:
    That's not entirely true. If you die to PK, you lose approxiametly 0.03 XP (lose 0.01 from natural deaths) every 2 seconds or so (this is as you pass through the halls), aside from the rough amount you lose at death. Let's say it takes roughly 1 minute to pass through the halls, that would be 1.0 XP.

Now at endgame as you are trying to kill Xorani, you'll be receiving roughly 0.05 xp per kill, that means you'll have to kill at least around 18 xorans to get back what you lost, meaning half an Xaanhal run. Frankly that sounds really tiresome and I can sympathize with Haven.

Dont forget dying while hunting. That just makes it worse.

edited April 2014
    Jungle juice OP!

Too much time on yer hands!

havenbanner2
    Ugggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I just lost my offensive stuff for all my classes. I meant to click save as instead of save. :((
    havenbanner2
    ...no backup? No one you gave it to recently?

• AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    shout Ha-ven, you seem rather silent this evening.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

Aarbrok
  • @Haven, can't go back to a previously saved version to restore your old stuff?

Unfortunately, no... u_u

I'll just spend my time rebuilding it I guess. BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD!
    havenbanner2
  • MaghakMaghak The heights of Stormcaller Crag
    I'm slightly confused about hitting 'save as' has destroyed your system. Surely that would mean you have a copy floating around somewhere.
  • He meant to save as, and hit save instead. Meaning he overwrote his CURRENT settings with something blank, I guess?

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• MaghakMaghak The heights of Stormcaller Crag
    Oh I see. That is a silly mistake to make. Back up your system!
    DaskalosLin
  • Haven, please get this:
    'commit' to save your version
    'update' to go to a different version

• IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Me and @Ilyon do a lesser against @Kinder and @Calipso ....

They run, we take it.

@Benedicto, @Connor, @Calipso come back. Okay nbd, we split, regroup like 2 rooms away, get our priorities straight, come back in to fight.

Oh shit, suddenly it's like 2v4, 2v5, or higher.

WTF? Just two bros out for a little 2v2-2v3 action. The rest is just uncalled for.

Rage, man. Rage.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
This discussion has been closed.