Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    edited April 2014
    If I flag a post (spam, abuse, troll), it automatically hides it because I'm worth five points, therefore I'm hesitant to click it on a lot of posts that probably deserve it.  That being said:

Get it together or get out.  Y'all're gonna get this thread closed at the way you're going.

To help keep this thread from closing altogether, I'm going to start using my flag points.
  • edited April 2014

Maghak said:
    This is not the thread to air out personal grievances. If someone is attacking you or posting content you strongly disagree with, report their post. The endless mod warnings in this thread are really getting tiresome, to the point that I feel like the forums would demonstrate far less bile if this thread were once again locked.

Prove me wrong, please.
    Im in agreement there. No offense to those that love rages, but I feel a rage thread only produces negativity and a bad outlook on the game, especially to newcomers. I'd love to see the thread removed and make way to active discussions that focus more on positive aspects of Aet.
    SolariaCiarelle
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    That's what love and thanks are for
    DourifArekaAarbrok
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    If only people let others rage (to blow off steam, which is mostly what people want anyway) and not take it personally or blow things up in a ragewar by responding in the thread, things would be a little better, I think. There are ways to message people if you need to continue discussions!

RivasErzsebet
  • The problem with that, I think, is that you will still get it. I remember on the oldforums you would get very not-so-subtle 'Love how this bad thing happened to me despite doing x y z. Love you guys!'

People will want to vent frustration somewhere unfortunately, when doing so they lack self-restraint or a filter so self-policing is out of the question. The only approach to a solution I foresee is certain limits; try to exclude naming and shaming, do not attempt to engage or criticise another person's rage. Along with what would hopefully be common sense and logic (flamebaiting, be civil, no personal stuff etc.) Either way, it will always spiral slightly as some person will be too pent up. Simple slaps on the wrist (up to temporary bans) or some kind of silly thing ought to work? (e.g. from now on, offender's posts shall be in pink. They get a stupid avatar or signature)

TeaniMinarael
  • This is starting to tiptoe onto the "debating a moderator/administration decision" that the Forum Rules (click on the button in the uppermost top-right corner of this page, read rule number eight) explicitly tell us not to do.

This isn't my official moderator yellowtext, so let's just say this is a strongly-suggested...suggestion.

-------------------------------------------

I sad-rage at the times when I've taken a break from the game and, when I come back, finding that I wasn't really missed at all. Also at the notion that more people are happy when I'm gone than those who are happy that I'm here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

Xavin
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I always miss ya, Rivas. <3
    RivasArbreAryanneNolaEmelleSlyphe
  • Rivas said:

I sad-rage at the times when I've taken a break from the game and, when I come back, finding that I wasn't really missed at all. Also at the notion that more people are happy when I'm gone than those who are happy that I'm here.

Hey, I've only ever actually ran into you and RP'd with you once and it is not enough. I'm confident, if we were more in a mutually traveled circle, I'd miss the dickens out of you.
    SolariaAarbrok
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life

I love to rage.

Oops, wrong thread.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

EmelleXenia
  • Moirean said:
    Just my weekly rage about how hard it is to get a blessing in Duiran, especially when the wheel is giving out double xp :(

- Haern is MIA from injuries. Still.
    - Omei is on the moon.
    - Slyphe is on his island.
    - Lleis is dead.
    - Auresae is ???
    RL Slyphe wants nothing more than to interact with the awesome people of Duiran but is running into working full time while being a full time student and treasurer for an organization on campus D:

Spare time is something that's been such a myth lately.

• AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

EmelleSlypheSetneAryanneIshinJasline
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    RL>AET Duties>Rap for Jensen

I understand and am patient 
    SlypheAarbrok
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    I rage that teapots are bigger than bottles, and bottles are the same size as flasks and flasks are tiny.

Like. Sizes of containers is all weird. Why did flasks get nerfed so bad as far as size goes. Teapots are leeetle, why are they so huge in comparison to bottles. I mean, both are supposed to fill other things with them rather than be drunk out of straight (y'damn alchy).

Can we up bottles to be at least equal to teapots?
    imageimage
  • Have you never seen a bigger-than-one-cup teapot?

I got an 8-cup one in my cupboard.
    Teani
  • Irruel said:
    Have you never seen a bigger-than-one-cup teapot?

You must be British.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Trager
    I've seen like, ones that hold three cups or so? At most. Which in Aetolia numbers is like 15.

Wish it was a settable number. If you make a beer-sized bottle could be set at 5-10 or whatever, if you make a serving-type bottle, on the higher end of that.
    imageimage
  • All of my teapots but one are big enough to hold quite a lot of cups of tea.(And no, I'm not british). It would be useful to be able to set a number of sips on liquid containers. A bottle could be very tiny or very large, so adjustable sips makes sense. 
    imageimage
  • Toz said:
    Irruel said:

You must be British.
    Aussie.
    We pick and choose the best parts of British culture. And scrap the rest. Which basically means we like tea and cricket, then do our own thing the rest of the time.

>.>
    Riluo
  • BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    Irruel said:
    Toz said:
    Irruel said:

You must be British.
    Aussie.
    We pick and choose the best parts of British culture. And scrap the rest. Which basically means we like tea and cricket, then do our own thing the rest of the time.

>.>
    Thievery!

Also @Rivas, you'll never know how much I miss you buddy! Bene needs his brother and this Brit needs his brofriend. Time differences suck donkey dingaling.
  • Slyphe said:
    Moirean said:
    Just my weekly rage about how hard it is to get a blessing in Duiran, especially when the wheel is giving out double xp :(

- Haern is MIA from injuries. Still.
    - Omei is on the moon.
    - Slyphe is on his island.
    - Lleis is dead.
    - Auresae is ???
    RL Slyphe wants nothing more than to interact with the awesome people of Duiran but is running into working full time while being a full time student and treasurer for an organization on campus D:

Spare time is something that's been such a myth lately.
    Slyphe lost his island remember? >>
  • Incorrect.
    Slyphe
    I rage at asinine policies.
    imageimage
  • edited April 2014
    Beginning to realize why players on the Lifer side experience extreme burnout from combat.

Im not sure if its inexperience on most or if they simply dont care, but there are things that just make me want to pull my hair out.
    Ishin
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    edited April 2014
    @Calipso - I believe it's mostly a combination of both, truthfully. Darkies have had the numerical advantage for so long that I've noticed it seems pretty difficult to even really motivate people to do anything. Then you have guys who'll do things like help at the rare Lesser, do a few FFA's and such, but then he'll turn around and try to camp a bashing area. Which just further irritates "us" at him/you guys, which just makes us less and less want to help keep things fair and fun for "y'all", and instead just makes us want to take 10+ people to every Lesser and just win period, because why make things fun for people like that.

I rage at how expensive some stuff is, gold-wise. I get that a lot of people bash out a bajillion gold per RL week, but sheesh, I'm not one of those people. Stuff costing like 900k is just buck wild :(
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • @Calipso you brought 6 people to a lesser against 3 and you all hit different targets. What do you expect when you're all obviously not communicating?
    Jensen
  • Ishin said:
    @Calipso - I believe it's mostly a combination of both, truthfully. Darkies have had the numerical advantage for so long that I've noticed it seems pretty difficult to even really motivate people to do anything. Then you have guys who'll do things like help at the rare Lesser, do a few FFA's and such, but then he'll turn around and try to camp a bashing area. Which just further irritates "us" at him/you guys, which just makes us less and less want to help keep things fair and fun for "y'all", and instead just makes us want to take 10+ people to every Lesser and just win period, because why make things fun for people like that.

This is pretty accurate. There are people who are burnt out or who don't bother to participate because of the sheer numbers advantage inherent in the game's population. And really, while there have been times where duiran or enorian has had a numerical advantage, it's never lasted long and it's often due to groups people taking a break at the same time.

Though to be honest, I really wish that people wouldn't hold the actions of one person against larger groups, at least where the camping bashing areas is concerned.

• IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    @Xavin I feel you on the last sentence you wrote there, man. But, to be honest, when people are like 'Hey person <x> is trolling <y> bashing area with some lame RP crap.' and then the response is 'Lol it's his RP.', then tbh bro, it doesn't leave us with such a good taste in our mouths. I used to do the same in Three Rock, because Spireans could turn in bandit corpses to the Warden guy at the time and make pretty decent gold off of it. I got told to knock it off, because despite RP, it wasn't 'fair' or some crap for me to do that to people.

Yet here are your people doing the very same thing, and nobody seems to care. See the discrepancy yet?
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • Ishin said:
    @Xavin I feel you on the last sentence you wrote there, man. But, to be honest, when people are like 'Hey person <x> is trolling <y> bashing area with some lame RP crap.' and then the response is 'Lol it's his RP.', then tbh bro, it doesn't leave us with such a good taste in our mouths. I used to do the same in Three Rock, because Spireans could turn in bandit corpses to the Warden guy at the time and make pretty decent gold off of it. I got told to knock it off, because despite RP, it wasn't 'fair' or some crap for me to do that to people.

Yet here are your people doing the very same thing, and nobody seems to care. See the discrepancy yet?
    I don't think anybody in duiran is doing that. I've heard of one person doing it and I have little to no interaction when them personally. That said, I don't get why you guys haven't come down on him like a ton of bricks if he's still doing it.

• HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Lighters could match the Darkies if their noncoms were interested in combat. Especially considering how arti'd to the teeth some of them are. Unfortunately... they're not interested in getting involved one way or another. Until more PKers join the Light side or someone figures out a way to motivate the noncoms into participating in combat, I don't see the scene changing much if at all.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.

So, RP-wise, we should tell a player to quit protecting angels? The city doesn't do it officially, but hey, if he wants to... that's between him, you, and the admin.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

This discussion has been closed.