Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Oh, how much I loathe you!

<font size="2" face="Courier New, FixedSys, Lucida Console, Courier New, Courier"><font color="#0">
    </font><font color="#C0C0C0">An inky shadeling clutches suddenly at your shadow, feeding on your energy and leaving you cold.
    </font><font color="#FFFFFF">You are afflicted with: </font><font color="#FF0000">right_leg_broken, clumsiness, deafness, confusion, prone, </font><font color="#F5DEB3">frozen, </font><font color="#FF0000">disrupted, asthma, 
    </font><font color="#FFFFFF">You are afflicted with: </font><font color="#FF0000">right_leg_broken, </font><font color="#F5DEB3">shivering, </font><font color="#FF0000">clumsiness, deafness, confusion, prone, frozen, disrupted, asthma, 
    </font><font color="#FFFFFF">Xiuhcoatl is afflicted with: </font><font color="#EE82EE">self-pity, impatience, vertigo, </font><font color="#FFFF00">blindness, </font><font color="#EE82EE">fitness, clarity, 
    </font><font color="#B4E000">[88]</font><font color="#B800AA"> [67]</font><font color="#02FCFC"> E99</font><font color="#FFD1D1"> W82</font><font color="#1E1E1E"> B100</font><font color="#5A8054"> S100</font><font color="#494454"> Dev83</font><font color="#7C0037"> Spark90</font><font color="#21D700"> <<XP 87%>></font><font color="#FFFFFF"> [cspb -b]</font><font color="#FF7777"> 44:54.877</font><font color="#FFFFFF"> -
    </font></font>
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    Your prompt is like, psychedelic, maaaaaaaaan.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

Arbre
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Ashmer said:
    Your prompt is like, psychedelic, maaaaaaaaan.
    A necessary feature since I manual a lot of things. I respond faster to color shifts and pop ups than I do actually reading the stuff.

On Me: Red is old affliction. Beige is fresh affliction. (Good for when seeing where you're at when reviewing a log and what's going on.)

On Target: Oh hey, 3 beige! Dat kelp stack is boss. Hey! Yellow, they're transfixable! Ooooo, Cyan, they're prone. Hey! It's pink, an affliction I can dismiss as background on the target.

I wouldn't know jack if it was all uniform as the spam of combat is just too fast in the moment.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2

I need to put my t_listaffs() function back in and actually do a gag sweep on my stuff, now that you've reminded me. That made my BB stacking so much more efficient, and I never put it back in when I converted Quiet into Serenity.

I rage at the sheer amount of stuff there is still to code with this thing. Sometimes. Then when I'm coding it it's delicious.

• KerrynKerryn The Black Flagon Inn
    Not a rage, but more a sadness. The aquarium and fish you buy from Delve no longer move about in their tanks. So.. it's like dumping dead fish in a bowl and watching them float.

Trager
  • Think of them as scaled swamp flowers.
    LinNolaIshinKerryn
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    That gets broken from time to time. Someone upstairs usually fixes it p easy.

H:100% M:84% E:99% W:96% B:100% Mad:0% [csdb e-] [-3%]
    Kerryn hurls herself towards you with a lightning-fast moon kick.
    Your leftarm has taken 7.49% damage.
    Total damage to your leftarm is 7.49%.
    She connects to the left arm!
    Health Lost: 774, blunt.
    Kerryn forms a spear hand and stabs out at you.
    Your leftarm has taken 3.99% damage.
    Total damage to your leftarm is 11.48%.
    You jerk your body to the side, lessening the blow.
    Health Lost: 368, blunt.
    Kerryn forms a spear hand and stabs out at you.
    Your leftarm has taken 3.99% damage.
    Total damage to your leftarm is 15.47%.
    Health Lost: 379, blunt.
    H:67% M:84% E:99% W:96% B:100% Mad:0% [csdb e-] [-32%]

H:100% M:92% E:99% W:98% B:100% Mad:0% [csdb --]
    shadow sleight void kerryn
    shadow sleight dissipate kerryn
    Kerryn spins into the air and throws a whirlwind kick towards you.
    Your head has taken 7.49% damage.
    Total damage to your head is 7.49%.
    She connects to the head!
    Health Lost: 774, blunt.
    Kerryn launches a powerful uppercut at you.
    Your head has taken 3.99% damage.
    Total damage to your head is 11.48%.
    Health Lost: 496, blunt.
    Kerryn launches a powerful uppercut at you.
    Your head has taken 3.99% damage.
    Total damage to your head is 15.47%.
    You jerk your body to the side, lessening the blow.
    Health Lost: 481, blunt.
    H:62% M:92% E:99% W:98% B:100% Mad:0% [csdb --] [-37%]

There isn't a o.O da unicorns was that thread, so I came here. I rage at this? I guess?

• @Benedicto or someone linked to the oldforums Owned thread and I've been reading that literally ALL DAY. Halp.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Benedicto
  • BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    Toz said:
    @Benedicto or someone linked to the oldforums Owned thread and I've been reading that literally ALL DAY. Halp.
    T'was me! I was posting links in the web last night. It's got to the stage where I save my page nber so when I get back on my computer I can carry on reading where I left off. There's some extremely hilarious stuff in there. It makes me nostalgic in a way. 

/old man voice

"You don't get the same types of Owned postings as when I was a lad!"
    Riluo
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    So THAT is why I had the random messages from both of you about my old accidental guard suicides.
  • BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    Yep! I was originally on there to link things to my "Fave Aetolian moments" post and then I just got sucked into the lulz...
  • edited April 2014

RouCalipsoAreka
  • MaghakMaghak The heights of Stormcaller Crag
    If you're having issues with the fishbowl, please message me the item numbers involved. I'm trying to chase down a strange prog bug with them.
  • RouRou
    edited April 2014

Looking at my enemystatuses and seeing things like this:

Offense:      for The same reasons as the rest of his ilk.

Not a very classy way for future leaders to glean any sort of valid information.

Toz said:
    I think I've proven a few times I can get properly insulting/nasty when I want to.

Just because you -can- do something, doesn't mean you -should-. Being insulting/nasty is never warranted.

*unnecessary banner*
    ZaephlynRiluoAreka
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Im gonna play make believe here....
    If I was a MOD though I would say, "Guys, no personal attacks please."
    ZaephlynAryanneLin
  • Not really a personal attack, but I have tried to get it clarified.

Should probably get those 'guildhall' rooms marked with some sort of ownership too. Also it was fun not receiving a single tell or message in the ensuing drama thereafter. Who knows who did what? There's always a scapegoat though.

*unnecessary banner*
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Perhaps it is a bad idea to put a CL on ignore, if discussion about city issues is desired.
  • edited April 2014
    Moirean said:
    Perhaps it is a bad idea to put a CL on ignore, if discussion about city issues is desired.
    Pretty sure, since we're getting into the veiled comments section, -I- had you on ignore. Not Rou. Just.... clarifying.

Oh, and I didn't want discussion. It didn't come as a surprise to me.

Rou
  • Moirean said:
    Not to play devil's advocate here, but from my experience you tend to brand then ask questions later, which it seems was the case with the latest two citizens too. Alittle patience and understanding wouldnt be a bad thing, rather than playing on possible motives.
    Rou
  • MaghakMaghak The heights of Stormcaller Crag
    Enough. Topic is changed.
    Rou
  • IngramIngram Alaska
    edited April 2014
    Zaephlyn said:

My second rage - Apprenticeship, why is this -SO- hard? I've seen a lot of people turned away for a lot of dumb reasons, then when they find a work around they get -enemied- or fined or blah blah. C'mon now, isn't this a game everyone is supposed to enjoy? Why are guilds allowed to put people through 6 day referendums just to tell them no? *shakes head*
    If the Administration of this game wanted guilds to police their class so much, they wouldn't have come out with apprenticing.

I always figured this was made to present an option, not with a rule to give it to everyone who asks.

Incidentally, I had a major hand in getting you and Rou booted. Did it IC. Metagaming takes the meat out of manipulating a situation to success, ignoring the fact I have a policy about not doing it period, but I'm sure that means little coming from the horse's mouth. I'd like to think others could vouch, though.

Anyways. Ingram was miffed you two did what you did with the stuff in the place so he took steps to have you hit for it, because why let them be a member of a city when they mess with the defenders of it.

If that's any consolation. 
    HadoryuArekaIshinAryanneRouMoireanTeaniAngwe
  • Ingram said:
    I always figured this was made to present an option, not with a rule to give it to everyone who asks.
    My problem with it being an option is distributing it -only- to your 'friends' (not saying you personally) or people that only -you- like, that's not ok. That's policing and playing childish games. The system needs to be reworked in my opinion to make it a much fairer way of choosing when someone does apply -to any guild- for apprenticeship. I just don't feel it right that you have to either be best buddies with someone in the guild, a guild, any guild, to get their class, or have a treaty with impossible wording. I just feel like it's a widely abused mechanic in the game.

HadoryuIshinRouDaskalosAreka
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    I don't know, I feel like if you're in a position where EVERYONE in the guild hates you, or the guild as a whole has a reason to find you requesting the class sketchy, then it's not unreasonable to not to get class without some RP/PR, work, etc. It's not even that hard to find someone to bribe or something if it's that much of a problem. With shape shifting now it seems like there IS a free class for anyone who wants one, and can't make friends with anyone! That's sure nice.
    HadoryuXavinDaskalosArekaCiarelleAryanneTozMinarael
  • edited April 2014
    So, that's my point, this isn't about hate or hard feelings. Can we be professional?
    You said it yourself Aishia said: then it's not unreasonable to not to get class without some RP/PR, work, etc. 
    If there -was- work or some RP that could be done, offer that as an alternative, not just a 10 day referendum then "No." I've heard many, many, many people saying stuff like "I don't believe in giving out class/classing anyone.." How is that fair to the growth and structure of the game. It's not.

ArekaRou
  • Most people give 3 day waiting list as referendum takes 2 days and lets EVERYONE get a vote. If you dont like it, find another class or bribe someone..

Got to take into account people have own ooc things to do and many guilds just dont have the members/activity.
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
    AryanneAreka
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.

Anyone can get any class, it just takes some work and roleplay, honestly. I will say, and don't take this as an attack, please, that a lot of people look at you and Rou unfavorably because of your (plural) tendency to shout things and\or 'start stuff' and then sit in a haven or in phase for days. The way you two were hoarding hunting ground items, passing them between each other in a Haven, was pretty much the reason they got changed. But even with all of that, if -I- can get Syssin and Wolf before the present changes, then I maintain anyone can get any class, because there's absolutely no reason I should have either.

I like that as long as guilds are not rejecting people for the sake of rejection (versus having a valid reason), that the system as it is now works. We've had this class dispensing discussion  numerous times on the forums, but if your actions have lead you to a place where you're in a situation where you're being outright rejected, you might want to reconsider -how- you play the game. To use @Calipso as an example here -- I, and many other players, find theft to be the worst thing you can do to another player. Many of us left Achaea back in the day, and came here, because thieving was becoming so prevalent and Aetolia made an effort to make thieving next to impossible.  Kill people, murder them 9,000x times, we'll eventually forgive you. Rob someone and you'll probably never get forgiven without completely returning every item stolen. As I understand it (and granted, I hear it got fixed) you guys tried to swipe the old Shadowsnake GH for personal use.  That's theft of a very high degree, so I understand why you're having a hard time from any of your allies on your side. I doubt it has anything to do with class dispensing and more to do with who it's getting dispensed to.

tl;dr Actions have consequences, and sometimes you gotta man up and go 'man, I screwed up' and begin the long process of seeking redemption.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

IshinRouHadoryuArekaMoireanMinaraelTeaniAzhek
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    If people have it in their head that you're some kind of pest or undesirable or ENEMY then the onus is probably on you to aggressively change their opinions. When I switched sides I send people letters, stalked people for RP, cranked up the charisma knob to 20xd6. How easy it is for the majority of people to switch sides is almost laughable. People are like "Oh never heard of them, sure, whatever." It's just people who have built a reputation who tend to have difficulty. Reapan and sowan.
    IshinXavinDaskalosArekaMinarael
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Syssin always have referendums for class, everyone usually votes no unless there is good reason not to. We don't have treaties with any other guild and aren't required to give out class. If people really want Syssin I'd either do a really good job of presenting your case or have your org treaty the Syssin. Bribing always seems to work too, just not with me.
    IshinArekaCalipso
  • I love it when the topic is purportedly asked (told) to be changed, but in ensues with more derogatory marks. I trust after this we can move on and cease the baseless remarks and comments.

Ingram said:
    Incidentally, I had a major hand in getting you and Rou booted. Did it IC...

Anyways. Ingram was miffed you two did what you did with the stuff in the place so he took steps to have you hit for it, because why let them be a member of a city when they mess with the defenders of it. 
    How do you really even know what happened when -nobody- ever spoke with us regarding the whole thing, aside a few tells from Ishin to me in the very beginning? I know it was 'carefully-guided rp' that even revealed a wormhole had been moved.
    Daskalos said:

I will say, and don't take this as an attack, please, that a lot of people look at you and Rou unfavorably because of your (plural) tendency to shout things and\or 'start stuff' and then sit in a haven or in phase for days. The way you two were hoarding hunting ground items, passing them between each other in a Haven, was pretty much the reason they got changed.

As I understand it (and granted, I hear it got fixed) you guys tried to swipe the old Shadowsnake GH for personal use.  That's theft of a very high degree, so I understand why you're having a hard time from any of your allies on your side.

I hardly ever talk to anyone, yet alone shout nonsense and I'm pretty sure the HG items got changed during a Great Hunt for abuse. You of all people should know Rou isn't afraid to die, and he does so quite frequently.

Again, it's nice to be able to take credit for such a thing, but who can really know who did what beyond metagaming. The Shadowsnake Ship, whether an old GH or not, doesn't belong to anyone, it's simply part of the Western Wilderness. It's old Achaean code that should have been deleted some ten years ago when they tried the first time. The whole thing got blown out of proportion and my apathy towards it, combined with the toxic nature of Spinesreach, didn't have me losing much sleep in the aftermath. When I was told there was a wormhole in my house, I went and checked. Nothing there. I didn't give it much thought beyond that and I figured maybe since nobody was asking me about it anymore, they were on to the real culprits.

Regardless what happened or the outcome, it would be really nice if everyone could just move on. I, for one, am happy to be back home in Bloodloch, although I did bust considerable hump in Spinesreach early on and it did botch my plans to become living again. At the end of the day the world is still spinning, and the virulent nature of this community leaves it at equal or lesser numbers.

*unnecessary banner*
    ArekaDaskalosIshinTeani
This discussion has been closed.