Class

MaullerMauller Blue Ridge Mnts, Va
 Now I know I am new around here however i haved searched long and hard for a game where i can be a wolf/werewolf. Lo and behold i find Aetolia... Great i can be a wolf.. now seems to me with the recent changes that anyone can be a  shapeshifter its forcing me to multiclass just to stay competitive in game where as i dont want to multiclass so am i wrong ?

Answers

• IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    You don't HAVE to multiclass buddy. You can basically just stay as a shapeshifter. You're STILL an actual shapeshifter even when you aren't mutated, it's just that your skills are only accessible/show up when you are.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • MaullerMauller Blue Ridge Mnts, Va
    I know and thank you for answering.. however just seems like now everyone will have other skills compared to someone who only wants this skillset so in order to stay competitive one must also  have other class skills. Kinda forcing my hand a bit

• MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    there is another thread about this called Lycans are out.   from within there, Razmael states...

While the learning is a concern, it'd take over 5 hours of being in Shapeshifter class to get to the 70% threshold and should be manageable for now. I have it on my list to make it so you can learn any class skill you hold without being in the class.

So long as you're not just spending all your time idling, you can stay mutated for as long as you desire. The only difference now is that once every five hours you'll need to go kill/eat some mobs to reduce your madness
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
    dont think im explaining what im trying to say right
  • You can have a rogue shapeshifter and just join a City, nothing in the game says you HAVE To join a guild. @Mauller But advised to at least join a City so people can help you if you get stuck.
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
    i understand that .. I am just saying that i feel like if i wanted to stay way i am that i would be at a disadvantage compared to someone that  can now be a shapshifter aswell with there other skills..  understand ?
  • The way I understand it, Mauller. I'm Ascendril, okay? So I wander about with my staff and torch things! Then, I learn to be a werecritter as well. So sometimes, instead of torching stuff, I turn into monster-beast and claw/hoof/whatever things to death. Having Ascendril is a non-point when I'm mutated into a werething, it doesn't give or take anything from me.
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    that I can see, however in combat we cannot switch back and forth without the penalty that comes with it.   That is with each switch you get half of all stats, your defs are stripped and have to redefup, and you have to switch out your statpacks if you have that option as well.   During a fight that would be the means to you being killed.  As for just standing around and being in a class, then you will have other options but again will be forced to defup again once you mutate.

in the end its completely up to you and how you wish/want to play your character, you should never feel like you are being forced into something by anyone, God, or system.  Also if you keep up your RP with this, you will get a lot more people that admire your RP and sticking to it!

does that help?
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
    Haven
    Absolutly correct, thank you just needed to vent a bit
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Join a kickass pack when they get released, life will be good again :)