Mafia: Trouble in the Spires

edited January 2013 in OOC Chat
This is the game thread for an Aetolian-themed mafia game.

The Rules

-Each round is divided into one day and one night.
-During the day, everyone can talk and discuss among themselves.
-You may also vote for one person to lynch. When a majority is reached and I see that a majority has been reached, I'll announce his/her death.
-A successful lynching ends the day phase of the round.
-During the night, you may talk, but not vote for a lynching.
-The night phase is when all of our power folks will PM me with their actions. If you don't respond in a timely matter with your night action, you will forfeit the opportunity to do so for that round.
-I'll try my best to keep day rounds going as smoothly as possible. Once I notice things start to slug off a bit, I'll announce that there's 'x hours left of this round'. 
-Please mark lynch votes in some noticeable red variation: VOTE: KIYOTAN
-You may send me PMs to have an anonymous message posted. I'll get to these as quickly as I can.
- If time runs out for a day round, I will go with the majority at the time.

Background:

The dreaded IRC Mafia has returned to Aetolia, Spinesreach its natural target in its return. In record time, they've managed to take up all of the Dhasani seats within the city, and of course the Ard-Dhasani position as well. (They didn't quite care for the new names either. Whatever.) In a devious act to mask this blatant plot, they've requested the help of Severn to hide all leadership positions and their holders from the realm in its entirety, Spireans included. The citizens know something just isn't quite right, and declare it's time to weed out its leadership to see a complete replacement of all individuals therein. 

The Roles

The Atabahi - The Atabahi, once per night round, can discern by smell whether somebody is a citizen, or part of the leadership.

The Syssin - The Syssin can create an illusory image of one person per night, enough to fool any would-be attackers and protect the target from harm for that night.

The Cabalist - The Cabalist, like all good necromancers, vigilantly keeps up his or her soulcage defense! It will take two 'deaths' to kill off this player.

The Citizens - These are your normal citizens of Spinesreach.

The above players will be going against:

The Dhasani - The Dhasani of Spinesreach. These are your typical mafia members. They will know the identities of each other, and their Ard-Dhasani.

The Ard-Dhasani - The Ard-Dhasani is the leader of the Dhasani. He or she will know the identities of the Dhasani that serve him or her, BUT will produce a 'citizen' result if sniffed out by the Atabahi.

Alive players:

Treebre
Valenae
Alexina
Ilyon
Zun
Kaeus
Lianca
Orisae

Dead Players:

Damonicus
Periluna
Aarbrok
Demarcus
Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.

Comments

• The game has NOT YET begun. I will post when it has! Roles are being sent out now.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
  • edited January 2013
    Roles are out! 

Bearing in mind that it can only benefit the mafia, I will permit a nolynch vote for the first, and only the first round.

DAY 1 HAS BEGUN

cwho
    The following citizens of Spinesreach are in the realm:
    Citizen                              Rank
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Arbre                                 ???
    Valenae                             ???
    Aarbrok                             ???
    Periluna                            ???
    Alexina                              ???
    Ilyon                                   ???
    Zun                                    ???
    Kaeus                               ???
    Demarcus                        ???
    Lianca                               ???
    Orisae                               ???
    Damonicus                      ???

..Well that's certainly new.

(Spinesreach): Severn says, "Pardon the OOC a sec, I've got a turkey cooking. There have been complaints about metagaming going on in regards to elected positions, so we're going to go ahead and hide all of the ranks for a little while. I'll reveal them again soon(tm) when we've decided we can play nice. I've also gone ahead and made CT anonymous."

(Spinesreach): Somebody says, "Woo!!! IRC Mafia unite!!!"

Yeaaaah, you're gonna have to do something about that.
    Moirean
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Oh my god I'm going to giggleshit myself to death, Aldric.

As I understand it, and I'm a mafia newbie, a no lynch vote is detrimental to the citizens, right?
    Aldric
  • In most cases, yes. Typically it just brings you into the second day round after having given the mafia one night to pick somebody off with just as much logic to work off of as the day before.
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    edited January 2013
    Edit: I'm stupid and didn't notice the game started. Enjoy yourselves all!
  • I don't want to be a tool and this is decent feedback but generally if you're not playing, you don't post in this thread. If you're allowed to contribute then there's a possibility other people will and they derail the thread. Maybe Aldric's opinion is different, though. Who knows. 

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

Aldric
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    edited January 2013
    Oh I just wanted to post general random stuff before the game started. After it's started obviously I won't talk to anyone or post anything. I just get really giddy when Mafia is afoot even though I've lacked the time to play a game recently.

But yeah if Aldric/other players mind I'll go delete my walls of text!

EDIT: So yeah, the game did start. Big whoops all, sorry! Very stupid of me.
    (The game started before I posted)

I guess in the beginning all we can do is pick someone arbitrarily.

VOTE: Damonicus
  • <Switche>: .decide Treebre|Aarbrok|Periluna|Alexina|Ilyon|Zun|Kaeus|Demarcus|Lianca|Orisae|Damonicus
    <Feepbot>: Switche: Damonicus

Feep has spoken

VOTE: DAMONICUS

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

• Feep has spoken.

Vote: Damonicus
    I SPEAK WITH THE VOICE OF FEEP
    Valenae
  • Wow. The Feep certainly has spoken.

Vote: Damonicus
  • I don't know...using the IRC bot as a reason to lynch someone sure seems like something a person in the IRC mafia would do.

Vote: Valenae
    LunaAmara
  • We know nothing. We won't know anything, until night. Except for the Mafia, who know each other. Oh, and the vote was random, as witnessed by many who will attest to it. Your reason for not voting with the arbitrary bandwagon is?
    His logic is undeniable...
  • I think my reason for not voting with the arbitrary bandwagon was explained perfectly well. At worst it is just as good of a reason as randomly voting for one person, but I like my reason better!
  • Oh cool. We're voting off people who speak in irc. Well look at the bright side, guys. At least the game will have three whole players in it.

Wow, let's keep the bitterness to a minimum.  Or give me some way to know you're being smarmy and not really offended.
  • ...why would I be offended over that?

• I don't see the bitterness. I'd just like to point out that, unlike Val's vote, his isn't random; his vote is based on a poorly defined prejudice. Which makes me suspect Mafia, I'll be honest. Guess we'll see when Damonicus kicks the bucket.
    I don't know I was worrrrriiiiiieeeedddd.
  • Hey, I was just saying using an IRC bot to decide a random person to lynch when hunting the IRC Mafia seems a bit silly. 
    I can't help it - Kaeus' logic is irrefutable.

VOTE: Damonicus Valenae
  • Gonna agree there. Nice logic for a first round pick. Being as... logic does absolutely nothing for a first round pick. But hey... I'm all for bandwagoning.

VOTE: Valenae
  • The Mafia right now:
    Lin
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA

The power of feep with you....and with you.
  • edited January 2013
    Votes:
    -------------
    Damonicus (3): Valenae, Zun, Lianca
    Valenae (4): Kaeus, Arbre, Periluna, Aarbrok

Votes needed to lynch: 6

• Bandwaging gets nothing the first round. So F all of you.

Vote: Periluna

• edited January 2013
    Everyone knows Feep is rigged by Agatha. Might as well throw a dart at a dartboard, you'd have more accuracy.

Edited to fix a typo.
    Amara
  • So Arbre does a RNG-vote against Damonicus, and a few votes later Kaeus tries to divert the voting elsewhere. Suspicious, my precious, veeery suspicious ... Obviously staying with the original one.

VOTE: Damonicus

Zun