Hunting Grounds Insufficient Scroll

edited April 2014 in Idea Box
The hunting grounds scroll (remade after the ylem introduction) is severely insufficient in its explanation of how the hunting grounds works and what one may find in there. As it currently stands, the Hunting grounds scroll merely states:

• You enter by kneeling before a cairn.
  • Creatures and beasts found within.
  • Several items can be gained inside (items listed below).
  • May not give items away, only death or RELINQUISH
  • Open PK area.

With this information, one would assume the hunting grounds is an average area filled with beasts that when killed will drop special artifacts that can help with Ylem. This Area is of course Open PK. Here is what the scroll and information concerning the Hunting Grounds does -not- state.

• When walking around, you'll move as if with a broken leg/in aeon/over rubble.
  • You cannot Fly, Dash, Phase, or other forms of escape abilities within the Hunting grounds.
  • To gain the items within the hunting grounds, you must place the corpse of a certain important animal within the shrine located in the hunting grounds.
  • These important animals must be found roaming the hunting grounds (with no information as WHAT they are)
  • What each of the 'legendary' artifact beasts is and what item each one gives specifically.
  • To leave the hunting grounds, you must find the shrine to Haern and touch it.
  • Upon entering the hunting grounds, you'll be placed in a room with no exits surrounded by mists. Moving in a direction will place you in a random spot in the hunting grounds.
  • You cannot leave the hunting grounds if another is in there with you

I hope I've got my point across. It'd be very helpful if the scroll could contain the side-effects one feels within the hunting grounds, as well as WHAT the 'big animals' are and HOW we can get the items from them. Information is key.

How it could be worded:

Once you enter the hunting grounds, you will be placed within a special room surrounded by mists, simply move in any direction to be placed in a random room within the hunting grounds.

Be warned. Side-effects of being within the hunting grounds include slowed walking capability, the inability to fly or dash as well as the inability to enter incorporeal form.

Within the Hunting Grounds, you will find several special beasts that are more difficult to slay than the common ones. Once you have slain one of these legendary creatures, you must place their corpse upon the shrine within the Hunting grounds (located at <path number here>) in order to receive the special artifact they give.

Once you are done with your hunting, or slaying of other hunters within, simply find the shrine and TOUCH it. After some time, you will be transported back to the main continent. Note that you cannot leave the Hunting grounds if another is in there as well. Only 1 may remain in the hunting grounds in order to leave freely.

TragerHaven

Comments

• OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    This is a great point. Expect a revision in the next few days.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    Calipso
  • Nothing wrong with help hunting grounds, Maybe might add the Only 1 may remain in the HG at a time and only 1 citizen at a time and a cool down of 30 mins (or however long that is), But its kind of obvious about the creatures since they is only 1 of then. OR ask on your foci clan/clhelp of the foci clan which will have a scroll on the subject.

Half the fun about the HG is finding it out and not getting it handed on a plate.
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • edited April 2014
    Nalor said:
    Nothing wrong with help hunting grounds, Maybe might add the Only 1 may remain in the HG at a time and only 1 citizen at a time and a cool down of 30 mins (or however long that is), But its kind of obvious about the creatures since they is only 1 of then. OR ask on your foci clan/clhelp of the foci clan which will have a scroll on the subject.

Half the fun about the HG is finding it out and not getting it handed on a plate.
    Good points, forgot those. Can those be added too @Oleis?

Also @Nalor I dont see how it can be 'fun' to find out how the game mechanics of an area work where it takes you 2 seconds to walk from room to room and you have very limited time (before someone much stronger than you comes to thwap you down) to experiment and figure out you have to grab corpses and drop them on the random shrine in the southeast section. But hey I suppose we all have different interpretations of it :p.

Knowing how the mechanics of a game feature work helps one incorporate themselves better into their game. Trying to hide information in hopes they will find out themselves is a generally bad idea for game play.
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Knowing how to get in, out, and offer animals is pretty important. Figuring out what animals give what item is the player exploration part
    HavenTeaniCalipso
  • Jensen said:
    Knowing how to get in, out, and offer animals is pretty important. Figuring out what animals give what item is the player exploration part
    But as said, most foci clans have that information on how to get in and out.. Since you have to be in a City to go to it and more then likely in the clan...  But the whole 1 member of each city at once and cooldown seems good to add
  • I'd rather have redundant information than not enough information. I hate having to dig through 3000 help files to piece together all the information I want.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

JensenIshinTeaniCalipsoLin
  • Nalor said:
    Jensen said:
    But as said, most foci clans have that information on how to get in and out..
    Well then im sure it wouldnt hurt if we fully acknowledged it by putting it in a help file then :).
  • NO as finding what animal gives what artifact is half of it. IF you know whats what straight of thats kind of cheating and pretty boring
    I dont think anyone asked for that part @nalor
  • ...Let me double-check I'm understanding the argument right:

- Don't put what the animals drop IG, because that's spoilers and half the fun is figuring it out (do you go into the HG often? I guess I miss it...)
    - Don't need to put what the animals drop in a helpfile because everyone has that info in a helpfile already

I'm fairly confused - am I missing something?

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• edited April 2014
    Nalor said:
    NO as finding what animal gives what artifact is half of it. IF you know whats what straight of thats kind of cheating and pretty boring
    Okay, the part of what each animal gives will not be mentioned as that takes part of the fun out of it.

-however-

The fact that you -need- to put the corpses upon the shrine in order to get the items (the very reason we even sought the hunting grounds), should be. Yes?
  • @Oleis I just realized that leaving the game (even by a random disconnect) will make the items disappear from you. Wonder if we could add that in too.

Also any chance items can stay on the person for 5 minutes after they disconnect? I just had a random one and lost the 2 items I had on me.
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Calipso said:
    Also any chance items can stay on the person for 5 minutes after they disconnect? I just had a random one and lost the 2 items I had on me.
    I'll have to look into that.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    The items dropping is a new change that was put in to stop people hoarding them in Havens. It kinda actually discourages their use, since if you try to use them to bash fracture and the supereld(s) gets you, you're boned (you can't go back in to grab an item again for like 2 hours after you lose one). A re-look at the change, in general, might be nice, as I think it's been fairly disliked.
    That bit is very annoying -but- I rarely got to see the items on the old way bc they'd get taken and held so the enemy couldn't use them
    Daskalos
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Lower the cooldown to 5minutes per city but keep the function where multiple people from the same city can't join at the same time.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Well, some used to trade hands a LOT, as most of us would bring them to lessers and die there/grab one off a dead enemy there. I agree that some used to be passed around and held, but I think a better solution could be found than the one we have.