Starter Lesson Packages

OleisOleis Producer EmeritusAdministrator, Immortal
edited September 2015 in Aetolia Development
Hey folks. We Aetolians tend to make jokes at the expense of our IRE corporate overlords, but I have a great opportunity to remind you that they do listen to our concerns and suggestions. In the next day or two, we'll be enabling a new feature for all of our characters.

Each character will have two opportunities to purchase 1000 lessons for only $10. That means that $20 will get a level 100 character almost all the way to tri-trans, in conjunction with last year's changes to how many lessons and bound credits we hand out per level. This is IRE-wide, so expect a more accessible experience on all of our games.

We'll let you know as soon as these packages are available on our website at www.aetolia.com/credits!
You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
[---]
"^," Slyphe agrees with you.
AryanneArekaSaritaHadoryuMinaraelKatszia

Comments

• SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    By two opportunities, do you just mean it can be purchased twice, for a total of 2000 lessons per character, or was the reference to level 100 meant to imply that you can buy the first package immediately, but need to wait until hitting level 100 (or some other milestone) to buy a second?
    Riluo
  • RazmaelRazmael Administrator, Immortal
    The former.

Each character will be able to purchase 1000 lessons at $10 each up to two times. The level 100 reference is just indicating that someone who buys the 2k lessons and reaches level 100 will have enough lessons on them to just about tri-trans their class skills.
    AryanneAreka
  • Will the Elite bonus go with it, so for 10 bucks we would get 1100 lessons?

Damonicus said:
    Will the Elite bonus go with it, so for 10 bucks we would get 1100 lessons?
    No, no bonuses will apply to this.
    Areka
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    Might need to look at picking up a new class :)

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    How many credits worth of lessons is the 10$ package?
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    Without the bonus, about 167.

Is this an ongoing thing, or a limited time offer?
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    This sounds like a corporate initiative to make it easier for people to dive into characters and gain the skills necessary to compete/experience the fullest out of the game. It sounds permanent.

• AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    Without knowing any details, this makes me omgwtfqqmgaddogehappy.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

BenedictoAryanne
  • A great idea for encouraging alting, but maybe more importantly, softens the impact on IRE-newbs when they first discover they need to actually BUY lessons.
    MoireanKatszia
    Moirean said:
    Is this an ongoing thing, or a limited time offer?
    Ongoing.
    ArekaSaritaPerilunaIshinMoireanAishiaPiperTza
  • Two thumbs way way up.
    PerilunaAryanneIshinSlyphe

Now I know details.

YAY! 

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Calm down @Ashmer.
    edited April 2014
    Aishia said:
    Calm down @Ashmer.

I politely decline.

The ramifications of this are mind blowing. This means more people staying in the game, more people in the combat game, etc etc etc, which means more people buy credits, It's all Good Things.

XavinMinaraelIshinMoireanDourifPiper
  • Ashmer said:
    Aishia said:
    Calm down @Ashmer.

I politely decline.

The ramifications of this are mind blowing. This means more people staying in the game, more people in the combat game, etc etc etc, which means more people buy credits, It's all Good Things.

It also makes it a fair bit easier to confidently create an alt.

AryanneIshinDemarcus
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    No joke, this is awesome. I'm definitely going to take advantage of this myself.
    Aryanne
  • This is like learning about crocodile class for the first time ALL OVER AGAIN!

ArekaTeani
  • It's awesome, but the math's wrong on the page.

$10 = 25cr = 200 lessons (25*8). 1000/200 != 6, it's 5 times better. Unless you want to make it 1.2k for $10, which I am 100% for. >_>

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• A credit gives 6 lessons, not 8.

• First purchases give 8 lessons - 'Every character will receive a bonus gift of 2.5 lessons per Credit on
    the first 1000 Credits converted to Bound Credits.'

Just, for alts etc. It's still a great deal, and a really good idea, but not quite 6x better than buying credits per alt. It doesn't matter much, just something I noticed.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Ishin
  • This is brilliant. I managed to successfully avoid credit purchases for a very long time because it was expensive and I didn't grasp what it really meant before I had credits. So my 10 months or so of IRE playing I got buy on limited skills. Then, I won a admin-hosted design event, got 600 credits from that and other event wins, and it was all downhill from there. If you can make the initial investment reasonable enough, you crack open that door. Plus having more  characters with enough skills to reasonably engage in combat at some level is very good. 
    imageimage
    IshinDemarcus
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    If I knew about this a week ago, I would have bought this instead of wheel tokens.  :(
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    So if you are someone like me who a week ago bought 2000 lessons to trans some skills for the full price, am I just out of luck?
    AryanneIshinDemarcus
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    If it makes you feel any better, Brok, I just bought 4k lessons not long ago. Now I have like, 6.5k lessons and I can only hold one more class T_T
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    edited April 2014
    Aarbrok said:
    So if you are someone like me who a week ago bought 2000 lessons to trans some skills for the full price, am I just out of luck?
    We announced it the instant we decided to go forward for that very reason. This isn't like a promo, with limited chance to buy in (and therefore, big stakes if you show up late). This is something you can take advantage of for as long as you play Aarbrok.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    Aarbrok
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    This is prob the greatest thing ever.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Thanks @Oleis, that actually is awesome

Oleis
    Yeah +1ing the likes to this. I don't really have any reason to buy lessons (FOR NOW, SIDEHOP IN 3 2..) but this is a really excellent deal that I am excited to refer newbs to. 

@Oleis @Razmael - can this option be considered to be advertised more prominently on the website? I know that purchases are defaulting to it on the credits page, but the explanation comes after the page break, so you don't even see what it means unless you scroll down. A bit tangential, but the purchases in general could probably be made more appealing. It's pretty ugly and I always find myself somewhat turned off from buying whenever I feel tempted and go visit the page. The artifact packages is the only part that ever draws me because it has engaging descriptions (exclamation marks! Excited diction!) but the rest of it looks so grim and WE WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY NOW. Chat me up a bit, please. :( Also, I like link titles when there's a list of stuff to help me navigate, but that's probably just me. /tangent