Mafia: IRC Mafia Edition

edited January 2013 in OOC Chat

This is the signup thread for an Aetolian-themed mafia game.

The Rules

-Each round is divided into one day and one night.
-During the day, everyone can talk and discuss among themselves.
-You may also vote for one person to lynch. When a majority is reached and I see that a majority has been reached, I'll announce his/her death.
-A successful lynching ends the day phase of the round.
-During the night, you may talk, but not vote for a lynching.
-The night phase is when all of our power folks will PM me with their actions. If you don't respond in a timely matter with your night action, you will forfeit the opportunity to do so for that round.
-I'll try my best to keep day rounds going as smoothly as possible. Once I notice things start to slug off a bit, I'll announce that there's 'x hours left of this round'. 
-Please mark lynch votes in some noticeable red variation: VOTE: KIYOTAN
-You may send me PMs to have an anonymous message posted. I'll get to these as quickly as I can.
- If time runs out for a day round, I will go with the majority at the time.

Background:

The dreaded IRC Mafia has returned to Aetolia, Spinesreach its natural target in its return. In record time, they've managed to take up all of the Dhasani seats within the city, and of course the Ard-Dhasani position as well. (They didn't quite care for the new names either. Whatever.) In a devious act to mask this blatant plot, they've requested the help of Severn to hide all leadership positions and their holders from the realm in its entirety, Spireans included. The citizens know something just isn't quite right, and declare it's time to weed out its leadership to see a complete replacement of all individuals therein. 

The Roles

The Atabahi - The Atabahi, once per night round, can discern by smell whether somebody is a citizen, or part of the leadership.

The Syssin - The Syssin can create an illusory image of one person per night, enough to fool any would-be attackers and protect the target from harm for that night.

The Cabalist - The Cabalist, like all good necromancers, vigilantly keeps up his or her soulcage defense! It will take two 'deaths' to kill off this player.

The Citizens - These are your normal citizens of Spinesreach.

The above players will be going against:

The Dhasani - The Dhasani of Spinesreach. These are your typical mafia members. They will know the identities of each other, and their Ard-Dhasani.

The Ard-Dhasani - The Ard-Dhasani is the leader of the Dhasani. He or she will know the identities of the Dhasani that serve him or her, BUT will produce a 'citizen' result if sniffed out by the Atabahi.

Current players:

Treebre
Valenae
Aarbrok
Periluna
Alexina
Ilyon
Zun
Kaeus
Demarcus
Lianca
Orisae
Damonicus
Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
Periluna

Comments

• Sure, let's try this.

• AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    I want to join.
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    im in
  • I'll play

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

• ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Aroo!
  • KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    I don't like that my name is being used as the example, it doesn't bode well for me.

But what the hell, let's give it another go. If I last til Day 3, I'll have counted it a success.
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
    Aarbrok
  • Count me in.
  • I'll probably close sign-up tomorrow afternoonish or so. It'd be perfect if we could get 5 or so more people at least.

To anybody considering: This is essentially a pretty vanilla game with the roles just having different names, save for the Cabalist. I'm still wondering how that will go, but it should be interesting nonetheless.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
  • I'd love to give it a go. I was watching the thread all last game and it looks like fun!
    VOTE: Kiyotan
  • Vote: Kiyotan
  • edited January 2013
    "No, no," Kiyotan cries, his hands bursting upwards in a helpless display as the surrounding citizens gather around him, armed to the teeth.

Blood, skin, and bits of a grizzly beard fly skywards as the citizenry has their way with the man before dispersing, leaving only a rather grotesque corpse behind.

Kiyotan has been lynched
    He was the Jewish Man
    ArbreAarbrokLin
  • DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    I'm in. And those previous posts had me thinking I missed signups again. You people are cruel.
    You're just now figuring that out?
    Changed my mind. Think I'll pass on mafia games for a bit.
    Borscin
  • I'm in
  • edited January 2013
    I'm in :)
  • Kiyotan said:
    Changed my mind. Think I'll pass on mafia games for a bit.
    ArbreZunValenae
  • :(

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

• I'm going to give this two more hours! Why? Because two is a nice, even number.

This discussion has been closed.