MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount

Angwe said:
    Considering the fact that 'Duir' is a word in the lore and the way 'Duiran' translates out, the grammatically correct term for someone from Duiran is 'Duiran'. But no one will ever use it that way, except me.

That said, I do like 'Duirani'.
    So, it is both a noun and an adjective? Are you..are you telling me that I'm..

..Duiran Duiran?

SCENT AND A SOUND, I'M LOST AND I'M FOUND, AND I'M HUNGRY LIKE THE WOOOOOOOLF
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
    AlistaireOrisaeAldricLinAmaraYuukiShaieInninSetne
  • I always hear Duiran people referred to as Duiranites. 

Or, if you're lazy 
    'forestals'

Or, if you're angrymad
    'tree-huggers'

Duiran sure has a lot of options. 

Shaie
  • edited December 2012
    I can't help but to think of durians anytime I see Duiran. They're a fruit that smells like garbage (literally) but is rather tasty.
    My avatar is not representative of how I or my character look.
    Well, that certainly describes Arbre.
    OrisaeAldricLinAngweKogArbreXavinYuukiShaie
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    Where's the lol option? Forums need a lol option.
    AmaraLianca
    edited December 2012
    Also, the common understanding of the name 'Duiran Council' is incorrect, IMO. It's not a Council named Duiran, it's a Duiran Council. E.G. a council FOR Duir-ans. Geddit?

Like how it's not a Collective named Animal, but an Animal Collective.
    LinYuukiHadoryuInnin
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    edited December 2012
    Duiran's terminology has always been really confusing.

Duiran was the name for a collective of people, a culture or even a pseudo-race if you want to take it that far, and yes, it was the Council of Duirany people.

They lived in the Heartwood, a lot of which was made up of the village Eleusis. They didn't just live in Eleusis, since it was just a subzone demarcated by means of room descriptions. They could, however, be referred to as Eleusians, if you wanted to flex your oldbie cred.

Now that the old Heartwood's been destroyed, Eleusis is gone and they've decided to simplify the language by renaming the area "Duiran." So you can finally live in a place named Duiran.

Stop talking about forestal culture, you're making me really miss it. :(

Edit: Oh and don't even get me started on Eireachdus (the ceremony) vs. Eireachdus (the tree? the area around the tree?).
    Orisae
    The Hollow is not Duiran, Duiran is not the Hollow. That said...

Yeah, they named the area Duiran.

• Lin said:
    Eireachdus
    That word is my rage for the day. I hate it so much.

Xavin said:
    And everything Kog says ... is true.
    Lin
    What coincidence that you're in charge of putting together the upcoming one!
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    I don't refer to the area as Duiran, but the Oak and Hollow.  I've used the term Duiranite, but I really hate it, so I usually say Councilors.  Duiran is a word that specifies what type of Council.  The only thing that was confusing was the Duiran Consulate working with the Enorian Council about the Duiran Council.
    Orisae
  • My serious lack of interests in anything/everything as of late. Work, home life, relationships, reading, music, blah, blah, blah.... Waking up to where I just want to go back to sleep. Not caring enough to change it either, which is the bigger problem. Also, cannot remember where I put my little gif from the previous forum so going to keep this little smiley face. 

• HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    o.o I tend to refer to Foci simply as leylines more often than not.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • Being sick and having to nyquil myself up.

So tired. Swimmy world. Bluh..
    Diarrhea. All day. Only one in the office for half of it, too.

But hey. Getting paid and having diarrhea is a lot better than not getting paid and having diarrhea, amirite?
    YuukiLadrana
  • Having read the post above mine.
    KiyotanRhoLinHavenIosyneErzsebetEmelleSetne
    Had a phone call at work today. The lady began the conversation with, "If I knew your address, I would find you and kill you." Oh, yes. Fun day. 
    ArbreAldricMalak
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    Liam Neeson called you?

Poor guy. Now you're going to end up in a chair and getting electrocuted. You sure you didn't kidnap someone's daughter recently?
    ArbreOrisaeLianca
  • edited December 2012
    Liam Neeson wouldn't be stopped by the simple problem of knowing an address. He would fly across the states, across the ocean if he had to, and track you down by any means necessary, like the badass he is.
    ArbreOrisaeHavenDaingeanLianca
    Oh. Did I forget to mention? Her complaint was that my company was spamming her email. That's right. My life was threatened over spam. 
  • edited December 2012
    Nola said:
    I always hear Duiran people referred to as Duiranites. 

Or, if you're lazy 
    'forestals'

Or, if you're angrymad
    'tree-huggers'

Or if you're Haven, "Savages"

ALSO

I hate the fact that Bloodloch will oust, enemy, and PK anyone for anything anytime. Like... Do they not realize they -really- don't have that many people around? Most of their peeps just idle, and now that they're fighting with Spines or whatever, pretty much the entire RP world hates them. Like Duiran only more emo than snuggly.

They need all the peeps they can get, and Ezrax/Ellenia/Whoever else keeps chasing off anyone who's trying to help them =\

That's not a personal attack
    It's a statement of fact
    Pretty soon that city will be full of nothing but bats

You can try to object
    Because it ain't happened yet
    But it will, I assure you. On that you can bet

I've seen this event coming in the back of my mind
    I figured I'd end it with a crappy rhyme
    By the way, epic rap battles of Aetolia was doing fine
    I think I'll ass the mic because it's Kiyo-time >=|

Bring back Epic Rap Battles of Aetolia thread
    IlyonAldricSeirShaie
    Yuuki said:

Bring back Epic Rap Battles of Aetolia thread
    I'm waiting for access to the old forums so I can post all the previous raps to a new ERB thread. Still working on the Moirean one. Had no idea it was going to be such a project.
    Ladrana
  • I'm waiting for access to the old forums so I can post all the previous raps to a new ERB thread. Still working on the Moirean one. Had no idea it was going to be such a project.

You Sir, are quite welcome!

edited December 2012

Yuuki said:
    Nola said:

Or, if you're lazy 
    'forestals'

Or, if you're angrymad
    'tree-huggers'

ALSO

I hate the fact that Bloodloch will oust, enemy, and PK anyone for anything anytime. Like... Do they not realize they -really- don't have that many people around? Most of their peeps just idle, and now that they're fighting with Spines or whatever, pretty much the entire RP world hates them. Like Duiran only more emo than snuggly.

They need all the peeps they can get, and Ezrax/Ellenia/Whoever else keeps chasing off anyone who's trying to help them =\
    I take offense to this.

Bloodloch is more snuggly than Duiran is. Have you seen some of the newbie vampires rolling around at times? I can tell you that I thought undeath came with cardiac arrest and paleness and not large breasts and a perky behind. I must've missed the memo.
    MastemaLadranaLunaIllikaal
  • I rage that my new car is already broken down - likely the alternator. I still have the warranty on it which is a GOOD thing but it puts a serious kink in everything else I had planned and adds unnecessary stress. 

I rage that one of my residents is STILL waiting on a sarah lift and transfering/doing care for her still takes 2x the amount of time and help from other employees. 

I rage at stress around finals and the way my professor put off meeting with me to go over my portfolio two days before it's due which translates into me pulling an all night after a pretty stressful day. 

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

edited December 2012
    You know it's the alternator? Usually pretty easy to tell. Some time in February of this year, I had to replace the alternator in my car. Took seven or eight hours in the cold. Sucked so much. At least it's under warranty.

Also, make sure your battery is okay after the car broke down. If the alternator really did go up, your battery may have been literally sucked dry to the point of it not wanting to work any longer either since it had to pick up the slack for the alternator. Also make sure that when the repair is done for your car (though I'm not sure on what kind of car it is as the specifics on this generally vary) but they'll have to put your belts back on once the alternator is installed. Make sure they do this properly. If they put the belts on too loose, they'll fly off and cause engine issues. If they put them on too tightly, you'll hear them grind and then that can wear out an engine bearing or destroy the belt. Alternators are a finicky repair so make SURE the place you take it to is reputable.
    Haven
  • I drive a 2007 Toyota Yaris sedan. 

And thank you! I'll make sure to crack the whip. 

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

• KogKog
    edited December 2012
    The eid...edri...eirchaoidnaoiernaioo dus... Beer'n'Bark Fest 380.

Xavin said:
    And everything Kog says ... is true.
    DaingeanOrisaeLadranaLuna
  • MarienaMariena By a lake.
    I vote to officially change that stupid E word to Beer'n'Bark Fest. This is perfect and I approve.

OrisaeLadranaAmara
  • Seir said:

Yuuki said:
    Nola said:

Or, if you're lazy 
    'forestals'

Or, if you're angrymad
    'tree-huggers'

ALSO

I take offense to this.

Bloodloch is more snuggly than Duiran is. Have you seen some of the newbie vampires rolling around at times? I can tell you that I thought undeath came with cardiac arrest and paleness and not large breasts and a perky behind. I must've missed the memo.
    It's Aetolia. Since when does anything that happens in this game make -any- sense? O_O

We have talking bats, magical creatures, GODS -cough cough- Magi-ish things. Cat people....

If you look at it from that angle, it would make sense that these zombie thingies have perky bewbs. That seems like the most easy-to-believe thing out of any occurrance in Aetolia o.o