Pots of Gold

2»

Comments

• DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    Personally, I prefer giftbags or straight %credit bonuses. I don't need to buy credits, but I like to keep a supply on me for if an auction pops up. Because of this, I don't need pots of gold, et cetera. I did the chests until I got the entire set, then quit buying. But, that's me. 

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

DemarcusIshin
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    With the possibility to add more classes to characters, lesson sales have become more interesting to a lot of people. It helps people trans out those they have left and become able to assist with combat more quickly.

KatsziaDaskalosTaelinFerrikTrager
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    http://forums.imperian.com/discussion/327/march-s-new-promotion/p1

ANNOUNCE NEWS #2566
    Date: 3/10/2014 at 21:35
    To  : Everyone
    Subj: New Artifact Pieces

We are changing up the wand promotion for this month into several new minor artifact items.

You will now receive three artifact pieces every 100 credits you purchase. At the 500 credit mark, you will get an additional three.

These artifact pieces can be used to construct several new minor artifacts or traded to other players. We have created five new artifact crowns, cloaks, anklets, and horns. They have a variety of  cosmetic effects. They are detailed at the bottom of HELP ARTIFACT PIECES.

I have also created a utility command ASSEMBLE LIST that will let you manage the pieces you have. This include pieces from the phylacteries.

Penned by my hand on the 11th of Tenebrae, in the year 42 AM.
    Riluo
  • VeovisVeovis Florida
    Yeah. I have 10 pots of gold. I have no intention of using them. Imperian's promotion would be epic. 
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited March 2014

I do not mind the change Imperian got for their promo either.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

edited March 2014
    People went pretty purchase-happy at that promo. Like, multiple people buying 500+ credits each, if the kickbacks for org leaders are the same % as they are here.

Also, their elite includes an equivalent of a cryptic chest AND the monthly promo item. I'm definitely reconsidering if I want to do another month here or not. I'm not trying to be whiny or critical, just reflecting that with a very limited amount of spare money, it seems like there's far more bang for the buck there. I can't really afford to sub to both.
    RiluoVeovis
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    I do not think it is complains so much as positive feedback for the admin. Because in order to make people spend hard earned cash, you need to make the offers applicable to the needs/wants of the customers. It is just logical therefore that we give feedback and indicate where things fall short or are fitting our needs. I honestly would buy 500-600 credits straight away if it was worth my money, but this current set of promotions from Jeromy are just not attractive enough compared to the other games.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

Their initial promo was so much worse than ours, if it's any consolation. You got a wand that basically let you cast spells to mute people for an hour. XD
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    Omg how is that a bad promotion? I would buy 2k credits easy.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    Achaea had a pretty cool promotion too:

To coincide with these celebrations, we've released a new "Historic" talisman set, which will be gifted with purchases of 100cr or more on Achaea.com. The details of the items are as follows:

A Miniature Golden Window
    -------------------------
    When you OPEN WINDOW a scene from Achaea's history will be projected into the room.

A Mantle of Himalia
    -------------------
    The owner can PLACE MANTLE ON FIGUREHEAD while standing in the room with the mounted figurehead. It will use up the mantle and will make the figurehead non-decay and resetting.

A Scintillating Icicle
    ---------------------
    This icicle can be shattered on the ground, freezing it. It will reset to you in one Achaean day. SMASH ICICLE ON GROUND.

An Ormyrr Skull Helmet
    ----------------------
    Hewn from the neck of a Krenindalan invader, this skull has been modified into a wearable helmet which will strike fear in the heart of the most fearsome opponent.

A Disc of Mirrored Obsidian
    ---------------------------
    Why let those special occasions live on only in your memory? With this interesting trinket, one may create a frozen, properly coloured image of a room, an adventurer, a denizen, or a a thing. It requires an elemental ice to function, which will be used up. Simply POINT DISC AT ROOM|<player>|<denizen>|<thing> [EXCLUDE ME]. By including the EXCLUDE ME when pointed at the room you're in, you, the image creator, will be left out of the image.

A Votive of Remembrance
    -----------------------
    In the Siroccian Mountains lies the Memorial to the Fallen Gods, honouring those deities who perished in the war against Bal'met, the Worldreaver. By lighting this votive (LIGHT VOTIVE) in the room dedicated to the memory of a particular God, you will store a bit of the memory of that God in your votive. Simply drop the lit votive in a room, and it will begin casting scenes of the Gods whose memories are stored within the votive. To clear the memories of the Gods out of your votive, LIGHT VOTIVE in the room with the ever-burning flame in the memorial.

A Clouded Glass Lily
    --------------------
    By dropping the lily, inspired by the lilies used in the Landmarking that ended several hundred years ago, you will get a short-term boost or hinderance to critical hit severity. Getting a boost is more likely than being hindered.

A Shar'ilian Whisperstone
    -------------------------
    The magi of the famed and now lost islands of Shar'ilian produced these Whisperstones long ago. By doing TOUCH STONE TO GROUND the owner of the stone will hear all talking in the room as if he or she was there. This can be done about once per Achaean day, and the effect lasts a similar length of time.

You'll gain 1 talisman piece for every 100cr purchased, and as an added bonus, for every 500cr, you'll receive an additional 2 pieces. Buy 500cr, get 7 talisman pieces, buy 1000cr, get 14. These only apply to a credits obtained in a single purchase.

Penned by My hand on the 11th of Chronos, in the year 648 AF.

That said, I do like the pots of gold a lot. Extra experience is quite delicious.
    CalipsoDemarcus
  • Honestly, the pot of gold promo isn't a bad one. Its a great promo with great rewards, especially for the hunting types.

HOWEVER, the gold pots would have been much more beneficial if the times weren't so ridiculously short. Going based off the experiments that @Alexina showed (bless her for spending thousands of gold on these experimental pots), I wouldn't waste my time with these buffs because of how short lived they are. If you do the gold pots again, perhaps make the buffs abit longer than just a couple hours, then and ONLY then, would they be worth something. Other than that, they're pretty much worthless right now.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""