LOVE

Comments

• ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Man, new monitor's the same size as my lil' TV, updoots are going, and I am -so excited- to be able to play games on something other than Low.
    Ishin
  • I've been kinda amused and kinda "... Wait really?" as over the past couple of weeks, I've come to realize that a lot of people don't know what "strawberry-blonde" hair is....

It's light red! I mean, I know it has "blonde" in the name, but it's really just a pale red! I even googled it to make sure I haven't been the one wrong all these years. Nope! The internet and hair dye samples agree.

Why do I post this in Love? Because I'm thrilled that my character was correctly described as the redhead I meant her to be.
    Even if apparently it went unnoticed, hahaha!

IshinKatszia
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    Hey, hey, my issue was a compositional thing, not being oblivious to the colour!

• I totally didn't mean you there, Eleanor! I meant another... 8? Yeah, 8 people I've been chatting with who had no idea. Like noooo idea.

• ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    If I don't know what something means, I look it up.
    ..you meant a blonde like this, right?
    [spoiler]
    [/spoiler]
    AryanneSetneEmelleTeaniIshin
  • Arbre said:
    If I don't know what something means, I look it up.
    ..you meant a blonde like this, right?
    [spoiler]
    [/spoiler]
    Nailed it.

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee

• Really excited for this.
    SetneKatsziaFerrik
  • Just got back from seeing Between the Buried and Me and Deafheaven. I've read a lot of interviews with Deafheaven's frontman, and I always got the impression that they were a little douchey, but the guy crowd surfed twice and got down in the pit to sing the final lyrics to The Pecan Tree with us. He was absolutely feeling his own music, and I've got new found respect for the band. Sunbather as an album means a lot to me, and this was one of the best shows I've been to in years.

SO MUCH NOISE
    TeaniAarbrokIshin
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    The actor Stephen Fry has bipolar.  He made an award-winning documentary about it.  I just finished watching the second half of it.  I'm upset, I'm emotional, I'm feeling connected to people I've never met, jealous of people who have managed to overcome it, jealous of people whose manic episodes are long enough that they can get stuff done with them, I hate myself more, I hate everyone around me for having to have this documentary exist, but...

It does exist.  And it makes me feel less like I'm broken and more like.. it's just a disease.  I can't even say the words 'maybe I can overcome it' aloud, but... I'm starting to think them.  For now.

Part One and Part Two.

MarienaAryanneDemarcusMaghakHaernEmelle
  • MarienaMariena By a lake.
    Hope is good, @Arbre, even when it riles up all sorts of emotion.

My love = Getting new tattoo on Tuesday. 

ValenaeNeithan
  • Was woken up by the other half with a little six week old black ball of fluff being put down on my chest. She just kind of looked at me, then promptly curled up and stayed right where she was. We cuddled for a while, then she decided she was starving (as was evident by her starting to lick and nom on my fingers). Got her some food and after her little belly was full ZIP off she went, exploring her new home. I think I laughed for an hour straight watching her waddle around, and kind of glomp instead of run, and be absolutely fearless.

The irony in this little kitten? The daughter of the family who had them had named her Katniss, and some people have taken to calling Katszia "Katnip". Some things are just meant to be. /keeping the name

(If she ever holds still I will post pictures)
    SerricePiper
  • MaghakMaghak The heights of Stormcaller Crag
    Stephen Fry is a wonderful human being. 

So is Hugh Laurie. Did anyone else watch A Little Bit Of Fry And Laurie? It's very good.
    HaernAryanneArbreArekaFerrikEmelle
  • I got an actual phone a few days ago. Hee Nexus 5. It's so strange to be in contact with people at any time now, when I was used to only being able to communicate with the people in front of me if I wasn't at home.

I also have two new pairs of glasses coming in on Thursday that I'm excited about, which I briefly mentioned in the pictures thread. 

I love my new hair. I love it so much. I've never been this happy with my hair. 

This week especially, out of the past two months, was especially hard. I went through a break-up with my boyfriend of two and a half years and nothing has felt right since then. I lost my appetite, dropped a bit more in my weight than what is healthy within less than a week's time, and sleep has been brief and restless. I've struggled with episodes of severe self-loathing and guilt to the more extreme and dangerous thoughts of non-existence. 

But today I'm happy. I'm hopeful. I'm not so anxious, not so depressed, and not so hateful towards myself. 

I'm looking forward to saving up for a PS3, the first actual gaming console I'll have bought, excluding a DS and 3DS. Because I really need to get the Tales of Symphonia 1 and 2 remastery, the FF 10 + 10 part 2 remastery, and Tales of Xilia. 

I need these in my life. 
    BraeMinaraelDaskalosHavenDemarcusPiper
  • Maghak said:

So is Hugh Laurie. Did anyone else watch A Little Bit Of Fry And Laurie? It's very good.
     Yep, though Jeeves & Wooster is one of my favorite things to come from across the pond.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

Maghak
  • Being annoyed for waiting for a package to come in the mail, only to fine out my mom took it and framed what was in the package as a surprise for my birthday. Then coming into work and asking my boss if I could hang said certificate up, and he was more excited about it than I was.
    Yay to officially being a certified engineer JUST before my birthday! :D

Not to mention the love I have for my friends, family, and amazing fiance for making this past weekend the best I've had in a looonnngggg time. Totally needed it! 
    AryanneMinaraelHavenPeriluna
  • SessizlikSessizlik Muffin Mage
    The Rolling Stones are coming here this summer. If I don't get a ticket, someone might get hurt. I turned into a complete fangirl when I found out, including the screaming, laughing, jumping and crying.
  • How are those dudes still moving.
  • SessizlikSessizlik Muffin Mage
    Rashar said:
    How are those dudes still moving.
    No idea, but they do! And it is going to be awesome!
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    Nola said:
    I'm looking forward to saving up for a PS3, the first actual gaming console I'll have bought, excluding a DS and 3DS. Because I really need to get the Tales of Symphonia 1 and 2 remastery, the FF 10 + 10 part 2 remastery, and Tales of Xilia. 

I need these in my life. 
    If you've never played the Tales series before, it is awesome. I'm a huge Tales fan myself. I have every Tales game since Tales of Symphonia with the exception of Tales of Vesperia since it was released on the XBOX 360. >w<

Though, I'd recommend starting at Symphonia and moving onward since if you play more recent series and go backward, it's hard to adjust from having Free-run mechanics to not having them.
  • @Haern Man, I love Laika. I've applied to work there a couple times as they're back in my home state. Super awesome company that seamlessly merges Stop-Motion with digital animation. (Yeah, some of it is CGI, but they do it so well you can't tell). Maybe someday! That movie looks awesome.
  • BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    Rivas said:
    Maghak said:

Yep, though Jeeves & Wooster is one of my favorite things to come from across the pond.
    Ah British things. Yes indeed.

I also assume that I am another or Rivas' favorite things to come from across the pond.
    ArbreEmelle
  • Paid for my room for Norwescon. Membership purchased ages ago. And I have two paychecks between now and con, so plenty of time to gather up loot cash and acquire con-party attire. Bring on the 4 days of utter nerdity. So ready. I missed last year's due to finances and the death of my mister. First one I missed in years.  Not missing this one. 
    imageimage
    Aryanne
  • All my new plants survived the winter! It got super cold not long after I planted them so I thought they wouldn't survive. Especially when I couldn't keep them covered because of the wind. But they did Survive! All four blueberries have flowers all over them that are just starting to open. While the poor plum tree is literally in standing water due to the amount of rain recently it has leaves all over it. It keeps leaning over and I need to prop it up somehow. Oh, and the fig tree has new growth too! *happy dance*

AryanneMinarael
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    Phoenecia said:
    Nola said:

I need these in my life. 
    If you've never played the Tales series before, it is awesome. I'm a huge Tales fan myself. I have every Tales game since Tales of Symphonia with the exception of Tales of Vesperia since it was released on the XBOX 360. >w<

Though, I'd recommend starting at Symphonia and moving onward since if you play more recent series and go backward, it's hard to adjust from having Free-run mechanics to not having them.
    IMO Vesperia was da best ever. I've contemplated buying another Xbox just to play it again.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

Tattoo appointment made for tomorrow, at 5:30! SO EXCITE. 

This is the blown up version of what I'm getting on the inside of my right wrist. The final product will be much the size of the original drawing made of it:

NolaMinarael
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    At first, I thought I was staring at a turtle.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    IosyneAryanne
  • You are. It's a treeturtle. Turtletree. Treetle.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

MarienaKatszia
    It's what @Rivas said :). A turtle tree. A tree turtle. A treetle. 

• Rivas said:
    You are. It's a treeturtle. Turtletree. Treetle.
    Xavin/Arbre baby.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021