MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• Apparently 'white boy' is the most common racial slur on twitter, according to some study. I wasn't aware that it was a racial slur at all. ...Does this mean it should be changed by the forum filter here to be white unicorn, or unicorn boy?

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Slyphe
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    quiet white boy
    LinRivasValenaeAngwe
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Unicorn boy sounds like a real insult.  That should be applied to @Aarbrok.

(jk ilu)
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Incidentally, Unicorn Kid is an artist who performs music of the "seapunk" genre. Having heard some of his tracks I would definitely consider it an insult as well.
    Is @Slyphe a God of the seapunk genre?
    SetneSlypheDamariel
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    @Arbre, I've been called worse <3
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    Got off work yesterday pretty early, like 3-4. Came home, bs'd in Aetolia, played one game of League, finished that at around 5:45, started playing some Pokemon, and BAM. I wake up at 2 AM in the morning, work in 4 hours, can't go back to sleep. Today is gonna blowwwwwwwwww.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Kinda overdid it on the coffee today. Hope my intense caffeine shakes quiet down before my job interview.
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Lin said:
    Kinda overdid it on the coffee today. Hope my intense caffeine shakes quiet down before my job interview.
    go for cup 100 and hit the Fry level of olympian hero speed
    LinPerilunaTragerAngwe
  • DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    Work. Workplace injuries are dumb. People who try and scam the hand that feeds them piss me off. Especially when they suck at it, and are wrong. I want heads and I'm not getting them.
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    edited March 2014
    I am just feeling so miserable lately. Today, at work, didn't help me much with this either. SO.. we're not allowed to use our internet at ALL at work because my bosses JUST learned that Internet Explorer is not the best/safest/fastest browser to use. In fact, they are now SOLIDLY convinced that opening up a browser window at all is bringing hackers into all of our computers at the same time.

I've told them IE is terrible but they never listened. Now they're panicking about hackers getting into our e-mail addresses suddenly when spyware searches and everything else have shown nothing. This is like...the most frustratingly hilarious scene you can ever watch play out when dealing with people that have NO idea what a computer really is.

An example of how bad they are is this: I like to hit the side of my monitor and go 'OMG!'  after sneakily pressing CTR + ALT + and a directional key. Somehow, they never pick up on it and always assume I destroyed something.
    Trager
  • TozToz
    edited March 2014
    Want to break their brains?

Open notepad, type in:
    [code]
    @ECHO OFF

color 2
    :loop
    echo %random%%random%%random%%random%%random%%random%%random%%random%%random%%random%
    GOTO loop
    [/code]

and file -> save as <filename>.bat

Then click on the file. Tell them you're passively scanning packets for tracers. Or just start quoting the Matrix at them.

(Please don't actually do this and get fired, but it's a fun script to run anyway :( )

EDIT: No, you know what I'm leaving it. I hate these forums and their stupid not working buttons.

oh wait, toz is famous

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

PiperKerryn
  • @Piper if you're still running windows xp at work, spyware may be a problem soon :-/

@Xavin Nah, they're not using that. My laugh is that I've been telling them how crappy Internet Explorer is but they reponded with 'it's always been that way'... then they realize that the PCs (that are all old as hell) are getting slower. Suddenly, SUDDENLY, it's all because of SPIES!

This means I can't google for referral addresses/phone numbers, physical therapy fax numbers, check e-mail, run prior authorizations for catscans or MRIs, run or take in applications for carecredit, or just about a billion other things because of SPIES!

Dear god, I don't think they've ever even run ccleaner without me prompting them before this all happened.
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Spies just want to make a living.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    Piper
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    Just get chrome and tell them it's not a browser, it's actually a safe viewing platform that hackers can't access.

RiluoLinNola
  • Skating my whole way home at midnight after work. Yay, winter storms.
  • The chicken thread is the dumbest thread.
    SessizlikMinaraelAishiaJensenArbreRivas
    I shouldn't have tempted the computer gods. Now my laptop isn't working... soooo I need a new one. Not a problem, you'd think, since I can afford one.

Nope, not until the roommate gets a job and my money is freed up. *cries*
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Piper no piping!
  • Piper said:
    I shouldn't have tempted the computer gods. Now my laptop isn't working... soooo I need a new one. Not a problem, you'd think, since I can afford one.

Nope, not until the roommate gets a job and my money is freed up. *cries*
    If you can get financing through Best Buy you can get something like 18 months no interest.

• SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Stupid USPS treating my loot crate box like crap when delivering it.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    Came in to work hungover with no money (buddy borrowed what I had last night and I was drunk so I gave it to him like a dumbass), I reek of stripper, no lunch, no sleep, work is taking forever.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

JensenAngwe

Situation at work has me feeling like this:

6 months ago...
    Co-Worker: "Huh, looks like a freight train is coming to inevitably smash into us and wreck everything."
    Me: "Yep, guess we'll have to do what we can."

We do what we can.

Now...
    Me: "Huh, freight train just arrived and obliterated us. Now it is backing up to run us over and then re-run us over going forward. Probably will do that a few times. Does anyone else recognize this, or even care?"

Crickets.

Me: "Ohhhhh kay...."

So painfully obvious it hurts. It hurts like kick-in-the-junk-so-hard-it-is-felt-by-the-next-seven-generations kind of hurt. And it is dumb.

• MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    yay!  I got my car back today!   It looks brand new!  Back story:  had a hit and run accident in December and just now was able to get it fixed but had to use my own insurance.   Damn police not wanting to help me track down the person.  None the less I have my car back and its all shiny and new looking!
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
    I went over to my BFF's who lives a couple hours away, a girl who is been my BFF since we were five.  Planned to stay until Sunday.  Managed overnight before bipolar said OHAIDERE and I had to come home.
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Hugbre @Arbre.
    SetneTeaniArbre
    Arbre said:
    I went over to my BFF's who lives a couple hours away, a girl who is been my BFF since we were five.  Planned to stay until Sunday.  Managed overnight before bipolar said OHAIDERE and I had to come home.
    Sounds more like schizoaffective disorder... hehehe. You have piqued my curiosity, however. Message incoming.
    Arbre
  • edited March 2014
    I'm not doing well in my science class and even after going to tutoring three times per week, I'm not making any headway. I'm always dropping some requirement in there and I feel overwhelmed in this semester. The worst part is I'm trying to transfer back into UVM (or Castleton) and I need to be a competitive student do so.

College transfer essays and how much time I'm devoting to sounding well-rounded.

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

• Kind of tangential, I despise most aspects of the college experience. I'm not well-rounded, I don't like to be social or go to cultural events, I don't want to do extra fluff on the side, and I sure as hell am not giving you MORE money after I graduate. I give you money, you educate me in the field I choose, and we shake hands at the end and you never bother me again. That's all I want. My abilities as a student, and as a coder? Those don't depend on how many puppies I petted working at a rescue, how long I read stories to blind, underprivileged orphans living in Korea, nor does it even really matter if I'm black, white, pink, orange, cyan or green - or a guy or a girl. Yet apparently these all matter to colleges because ??? - these things are all well and good (except for those green people. Screw 'em) - but I wish college was more focused on actual education/training instead of...fluff. And begging for money.

oh wait, toz is famous

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz