Quotes and Affirmations

AishiaAishia Queen Bee
edited March 2014 in Idea Box
I feel like the way the Quotes and Affirmations sub-forums are buried makes them unlikely to ever get read or noticed most of the time.  They used to be much more popular forums!  Now you barely see anyone posting or updating that sort of thing at all. Would it hurt to make them their own primary forums categories? I don't know! Discuss? FREAK OUT!?

I mean I guess the main thing is they don't show on the catagories latest post thing, or give an indication if they haven't been read, which is as noticeable.
ValingarIshinAryanneNolaAlexinaErzsebet

Comments

• Hoping something similar could be done for Combat logs as well! We used to have a steady supply of gank logs involving people being pk'd in various, rage-inducing, creative ways. Now I barely remember the logs section exists.
    Aishia
  • Yeah, I always found it both odd and annoying that unless you specifically go to those sub-forums, or view the forum in "Discussions" mode, you otherwise wouldn't know they had been posted in at all

• SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    On http://forums.aetolia.com/discussions or the front page of the forums? /confused

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    TIL some people don't read the Recent Discussions page.
    MoireanIosyneHavenAngweMinaraelSlyphe
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    I guess lots of people don't. From the actual forums homepage it seems like a lot of stuff just gets buried in subforums.
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    Valingar said:

Hoping something similar could be done for Combat logs as well! We used to have a steady supply of gank logs involving people being pk'd in various, rage-inducing, creative ways. Now I barely remember the logs section exists.

Would help if people even posted logs. :(
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• @lin I had realized what it was until a few weeks ago, but since then, that's pretty much the only way I view the forums anymore, cause otherwise I miss stuff in the sub-forums

• ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    I don't understand what's topping you from just opening the sub-forum in a new tab to see its activity? 
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Forum homepage does not show posts in those forums. Makes those forums less likely to have activity spontaneously. What is stopping people from opening them? I guess the fact that they don't draw attention to themselves.
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    edited March 2014
    I understand the concern but the Recent Discussions page is literally the best answer. Every post is displayed in order based on last reply time, no matter what forum it's in.

If you keep getting too many threads you have no intention of reading, read the ones you like first, then click the gear icon near your name at the top-left corner of the screen and click Mark All Viewed. From then on, it's very easy to track.
    AryanneHavenSetne
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    I guess, but those sub forums are for specific purposes, the sort you'd go to when you're intentionally wanting to look at them or to post in them or browse. I guess I just don't see the issue. "I wonder who is the hot topic today, let's go look." "I want to say something nice about X, let's see if they have a thread." "I wonder if anyone's said anything new about anybody." can all be resolved with a simple right click. Same thing for quotes, or bookmark the thread so you get updates when someone posts in it.  
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    I guess my point is, like I repeated, the fact that they are more likely to get more traffic and serve that purpose, if they are more easily visible. I guess that discounts the discussions page, but just from activity levels alone it seems like a lot of people don't use that. On the old forums the affirmations sections, and quotes, were much more active!
    Ishin
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    It's obviously not like I find them wildly inaccessible, just used to be nice to see more activity therein.
    Erzsebet