Diablo III

Comments

• Belial: "I'm TOTALLY not this dickweed little kid Emperor. Ignore the snake-men guards and my evil teleporting powers. Gosh I am so good at artifice."

Azmodan: "Ha Ha! Don't go into the Keep's food stores! I have a demon there SABOTAGING THE FOOD STORES. You shouldn't kill him!"
  • I'm fairly sure Azmodan only managed to take Hell after Diablo's demise purely because everyone else was, somehow, even worse than him at absolutely everything. At least Azmodan seems reasonably capable of directing a large army of demons. He probably told his kin all about how his demon army was going to crush them, and how they were, but they were too dense or arrogant to counter-plan.
  • With how the lesser evils were depicted in 3, I'm curious how the sin war ever happened. How the hell did that bunch of incompetent derps manage to edge out the prime evils? It just doesn't make sense.

• It was all apart of Diablo's plan, because soulstones and power or something. They let it happen, or at least, The Big D did.

• Yeah, I remember something about that. Except it didn't make sense at all. Horrible writing -.-

• LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    You guys are thinking way too hard about this. To Blizzard's writers, the chief virtue is a gigantic fist. Gave away your plan? The good guy made a sick burn at your expense? Someone just logic'd you in such a way that to all means of reason, you should lay down your arms and surrender? Punch them in the face.

Diablo and her (screw you, I love Sheablo) minions have lasted this long because they can punch anything that disagrees with them in the face. You see this tactic cunningly employed in World of Warcraft, as well, where Lei Shen, the Thunder King, punched the Zandalari Trolls in the face until they agreed to crappy minimum-wage guard duty for eternity.

In Diablo III, only one hero is capable of standing up against the evil, the tyranny. Only one hero is capable of punching evil... in the face. That hero is you.
    Haern
  • Lin said:
    You guys are thinking way too hard about this. To Blizzard's writers, the chief virtue is a gigantic fist. Gave away your plan? The good guy made a sick burn at your expense? Someone just logic'd you in such a way that to all means of reason, you should lay down your arms and surrender? Punch them in the face.

Diablo and her (screw you, I love Sheablo) minions have lasted this long because they can punch anything that disagrees with them in the face. You see this tactic cunningly employed in World of Warcraft, as well, where Lei Shen, the Thunder King, punched the Zandalari Trolls in the face until they agreed to crappy minimum-wage guard duty for eternity.

In Diablo III, only one hero is capable of standing up against the evil, the tyranny. Only one hero is capable of punching evil... in the face. That hero is you.
    I'm sorry, I just cannot accept that explanation. Diablo 3 constituted a massive retcon of so much of the game's lore that it's barely even the same world anymore. Don't even get me started on the complete and total rewrite of Adria's character. Adria in 3 didn't even resemble Adria in the original. It just felt like the lead writer on the game picked up all of the lore and story in 1 and 2 and just tossed it in the trash.

Also, the dialog was shit. Utter shit.

Hell I didn't even know the story, I played D2 just to troll around with a dual-javelin Barbarian build.
  • Lin said:
    Hell I didn't even know the story, I played D2 just to troll around with a dual-javelin Barbarian build.
    IT'S A GOOD STORY AND DIABLO 3'S MUTILATING OF IT IS JUST UNACCEPTABLE.

UNNNNNNNACCCEEEEEPPPPPPPTAAAAAAABLE.

Okay, I'm calm now.

• I'm just here to wasteland demons.
  • FiveO94#1136

Online now if anyone wants to join.

THE SOUND OF HAMMERS. FOREVER.
    IngramLinIshin
  • Call me noob, but all ive ever played is Wizard and Demon Hunter...what attack is that on what hero?
  • IngramIngram Alaska
    edited March 2014
    Crusader character, not sure of the attack. They come out with the expansion Reaper of Souls in a few days.
  • Hammers?

HAMMERS.
    10/10 hammer/hammer would hammer again
  • My bestie and I like to joke that the story is irrelevant, there is only YTAR.

EVERYTHING IS YTAR HE IS THE UNCARING GOD. THIS IS ALL A TEST OR SOMETHING I GUESS, WHATEVER SHUT UP AND FLURRY-PUNCH DEMONS YOU DICKHEAD.
  • Didn't know Diablo had a Toz simulator.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• They doubled the currently ongoing bonus XP to 100% bonus for this weekend only.

• AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    I upgraded the difficulty twice from normal and it's still feeling mostly like a grind. I'm going to level up to max level and see what happens there. Maybe it'll be more fun.
  • edited March 2014
    D3 had a story line?

Yes, 2.0 made the game worth playing. It's still a Diablo title, and theres only so much mass murder you can take before moving on, but with the new loot system you'll come back again and again for some more rampaging slaughter.  The expansion should be good, adventure mode looks interesting, so does the bounty system.  Not too hyped on the new act, all it is to me is another place to mercilessly murder massive amounts of menacing monsters! (say that three times fast.)
  • I'm excited. For some reason this game just feeds me. Plus the new big bad seems very interesting, and I hope they don't screw him into a boring eeeeevil cliche like the rest, jerking themselves off at how unstoppable they are and whatnot.

KatsziaIshin
  • Ingram said:
    I'm excited. For some reason this game just feeds me. Plus the new big bad seems very interesting, and I hope they don't screw him into a boring eeeeevil cliche like the rest, jerking themselves off at how unstoppable they are and whatnot.

They're going to if they used the same writing team they used for the main game.

• Some newish videos from Blizzard for RoS.
  • And the cinematic, because even if the story isn't great at least it's gorgeous animation:

• And Gideon Emery is the VA for the male Crusader. My life is complete. Now I can hear Balthier/Fenris/Lor'themar wherever I go in this game.
  • edited March 2014
    Haern said:
    And Gideon Emery is the VA for the male Crusader. My life is complete. Now I can hear Balthier/Fenris/Lor'themar wherever I go in this game.

SO THAT'S HOW I RECOGNIZED THE VOICE!!!

My enjoyment of D3 act V so far: my bestie and I cracking wise over Skype with in-jokes; going BWUUUMMMMMM whenever we see a Reaper, and remarking that we haven't seen the last of the Thieves' Guild ("Kingsport Blade sighted: Thieves Guild confirmed!")

I have NO IDEA what's happening in the story as a result.

• edited April 2014
    So lets hear the opinions on the new expansion.  I've yet to download it because right now my life is consumed with grinding LFR and Transmog gear in WoW.

Also, did they increase gem drops? Even with the pre-expansion update they put out, gems were still a pain in the ass to get.
  • IngramIngram Alaska
    edited April 2014
    I'm balls-deep in gems. 

I love the expansion. The boss fights were great, adventure/bounty mode is a gas, transmogging is pimp business, neph rifts get me all haughty in my panty panty. I'm a fan. Currently rocking Torment I on my Demon Hunter.
  • Gear doesn't have as much sockets as it used to, as well, anyway.