Diablo III

Just started playing, level 11 Monk.  Battletag: NoneLikeRob#1560

Comments

• edited March 2014
    Bumping this since I'm back to playing. Patch 2.0 is pretty killer.

SonicTitan#1552

If we get enough people we can start an Aetolia D3 community.
    Kerryn
  • edited March 2014

Finally reloading on my new laptop.  Will post battletag when I can find it

• I play the hell out of this game. Hit me up for my tag.
  • IngramIngram Alaska
    edited March 2014
    I just got it yesterday.

Be still, my throbbing erection.

D3m0n Hunt3r 4 lfe
  • Loot 2.0: saving Diablo III~ 

I just beat the campaign a few nights ago on my Monk, hoping to tackle a Witch Doctor before Crusaders come out with Reaper of Souls.
  • I heard it was pretty bad before they patched it?
    Now it's a good game, or something.
  • KerrynKerryn The Black Flagon Inn
    Ingram said:
    I heard it was pretty bad before they patched it?
    It was very frustrating and not as much fun to play, yes. What with the xpac it'll likely be even more fun with bounties and such worked in.

• edited March 2014
    Ingram said:
    I heard it was pretty bad before they patched it?
    Removed the gold and real money auction houses. Game was kinda built around the use of said AHs when it came to drops. Legendaries now drop very often, some of the skills (and runes) got a nice rework for all the classes, some of the bosses got a rework as well. Game is fun and good. Except for the writing. Oh god, some of that writing.
    IshinKatszia
  • Some of it's funny, though. I like the dialogue of followers and whoever the posh guy that speaks when you kill a new enemy.
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    @Haern oh my god, I mean it's Diablo, I'm not expecting the most amazing story-telling, but Blizzard really couldn't come up with something better than Diablo taunting you "YOU WILL NEVER DESTROY MY MACHINE HAHA THAT'S AT SPECIFIC LOCATION LET ME TELL YOU ALL ABOUT IT" or progressing the plot by having the bad guy straight up tell you his super secret diabolical plans?

Glad to hear they axed the auction houses though.
    Ishin
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    You guys were expecting good writing out of Blizzard? Have you played WoW? I mean yeah it's a lore-rich setting but...
    Ishin
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    I don't know, some of those follower interactions are hilarious.

KerrynIshin
  • edited March 2014
    The Scoundrel was great, but good lord. Tyrael going, "Azmodan is a cunning tactician!" was a thing of beauty. By the end, I was pretty positive that Azmodan is a guy that would tell you how he'd win tic-tac-toe. Risk and Stratego are far beyond him.
    Ishin
  • I ain't here for plot. I'm here to become a walking Death Machine
    Aarbrok
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    I've been playing a lot again. So, if you want to play together, hit me up. Trying to level up my witch doctor right now, but have a 60 (11) demon hunter.

Oh, and before I forget: COVETOUS SHEN. Love that guy!

IshinKerrynLinKatszia
  • Oh god the writing. You know, I wasn't personally expecting gold from their writing team. But something that made sense in the context of the previous two games would have been nice. Also the whole second act where you're fighting the lord of lies....like an archfiend whose whole -thing- is lies couldn't come up with something less predictable than that?

-.-

I am disappoint.

• IngramIngram Alaska
    edited August 2017
    dnejlfewfw
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    I tried Diablo for a bit. Played monk and basically held down right button on mouse to kill everything including some of the act bosses. Like, I had to use health pots maybe 3-4 times and occasionally would use one of my skills, but... really... there was no challenge at all. Kill mobs. Pick up everything. Kill mobs. Pick up everything. I guess it might be that I was only playing on normal difficulty or whatever, but I don't want to grind so many hours just to feel like I'm actually playing a game where there's any danger of losing at all.
    The new patch changed things up a lot! Now you can set the difficulty up higher and then you'll definitely feel challenged. It's nice!

Unless you play a wizard. Then it's RMB all the way, woo.

• Alexina said:
    I tried Diablo for a bit. Played monk and basically held down right button on mouse to kill everything including some of the act bosses. Like, I had to use health pots maybe 3-4 times and occasionally would use one of my skills, but... really... there was no challenge at all. Kill mobs. Pick up everything. Kill mobs. Pick up everything. I guess it might be that I was only playing on normal difficulty or whatever, but I don't want to grind so many hours just to feel like I'm actually playing a game where there's any danger of losing at all.
    Yeeeeeeeah - the way the difficulty progression used to work, you had to grind your way through all four levels of difficulty, one at a time, with each new character you rolled. I play hardcore almost exclusively, so each time I rolled a new character a part of my soul died.

They reworked the system though - now enemies scale with you as you level, and you can choose to play "normal" all the way up to "Torment VI" (fun, huh?) right off the bat. Leveling is generally faster, and since they rebalanced the drop rates, and made legendaries actually interesting instead of just stat sticks, the impetus to keep moving forward is constant. It really is incredible what the patch has done for the game. Give it another shot, if you've got a copy.
    @Alexina Diablo's appeal has never really been about a challenge, it's the addiction of finding phat loot (and then PKing people, but Diablo 3 had none of that).
    IshinKatszia
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    edited March 2014
    I remember my Barbarian dying tons in Diablo II both in Act 3 and Act 4. Like, let's not even mentioned act 5. I mean, unless you were a hammer paladin, things would occasionally get rough even at normal difficulty.

Diablo 3 felt a lot more like 'kill infinity monsters infinitely'. There weren't even any talent points to assign. I have a few friends that used to be real Diablo nerds, but even they gave up after a few months (I lasted like less than a week).
    Diablo 3 was IMPOSSIBLE on Infernal difficulty. You would get oneshot by Fallen, and it would take a month of grinding just to find 1 piece of suitable gear. It was designed that way to force people to use the real money auction house so Blizz could get a cut of profits, and it's a big reason why the game failed so hard.
  • I feel like they made several horrible design choices with 3.

AlexinaCannan
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    Forgot to note, tag is Zortania#1971. Feel free to add me.

• IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    I hate that PC is getting the xpac before console is. Hnnngh. I also hate that I have...NO internets where I live, so when you guys are talking about how epic the new patch is, I'm like /fffffffffff in my apartment out in the boonies. Which I only pay $200 a month for. >.>
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • Alexina said:
    Diablo 3 felt a lot more like 'kill infinity monsters infinitely'. There weren't even any talent points to assign. I have a few friends that used to be real Diablo nerds, but even they gave up after a few months (I lasted like less than a week).
    Serrice is right. Difficulty is more open now and you'll encounter some rather nasty elite packs. Waller + Jailer + Arcane Enchanted could give me nightmares.
  • As I play this, I realize a lot of the evil guys are like, "You will not do this, for my strength is blah blah!" Or "My minion <important demon> will be there to deliver your doom!" Then I mess their business up and the evil guy pops back up with, "Well you did it, but that doesn't matter anyway, because I've got this going on anyhow and your end is inevitable."
    CannanIshin
  • How dare you besmirch the legacy of the greatest tactician from the Burning Hells.