Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• VeovisVeovis Florida
    Python > Lua. 

Debugging in Mudlet is not particularly helpful sometimes. 
    Yusri
  • edited March 2014
    Veovis said:
    Python > Lua. 

Debugging in Mudlet is not particularly helpful sometimes. 
    Pff. You get a line number and a specific error message, both compile-time and run-time. LUXURY.
    Xiuhcoatl said:
    This only increased when I had to start writing in assembly. 
    I'm so sorry. :( Dem opcodes.
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Had enough of bullshit, listening to/hearing about trash talk, made up stories that are embellished to make others look good and blatant lies. Want to keep me playing? Convince me why I should when the environment seems to turn more toxic by the day. Don't like people? At least come out and tell them in person so they know to stay away from you. That way you won't have to deal with their "stupid" and they (and others around) won't have to deal with hearing comments about backstabbing trash talk.  X(

SessizlikElwynMinaraelKaleigh
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    I wish there was a realistic way of squashing all of the OOC drama in this game.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    SessizlikKatsziaAryanneIshinMinarael
  • Might as well try and drink the sea. You won't find an online game with more than a handful of people playing that doesn't turn toxic to some extent.
    NeithanSetneLinKatsziaXiuhcoatlPeriluna
    Yusri said:
    Might as well try and drink the sea. You won't find an online game with more than a handful of people playing that doesn't turn toxic to some extent.
    Oh yeah, no doubt. People will be people. But a guy can dream.
    havenbanner2
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Haven said:
    Yusri said:
    Might as well try and drink the sea. You won't find an online game with more than a handful of people playing that doesn't turn toxic to some extent.
    Oh yeah, no doubt. People will be people. But a guy can dream.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    Haven
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    1. Quit OOC clans.
    2. Join webs for leylines and other teamfights, but quit as soon as the conflict is over.
    3. Don't indulge in OOC tells or messages. Ignore them, and if they persist, shoot back an "(( I'm sorry, I'm not accepting OOC communication right now. ))"
    4. Hold yourself to this and don't compromise out of fear of rejection or upsetting other players.
    PiperYusriAarbrokIshin
  • edited March 2014
    5. Post lengthy tirades on the forums about how the game seems dead.
    Calipso
  • 6. ABBAB
    YusriHaven
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    Mob impaling in the new spiral area. I'm not the best at bashing, but even with an auto writhe thing, it wasn't possible for me to ever get more than one hit in with two swordfish in the same room, and some rooms have 3 aggro mobs that just seem to sit there. I can't tell if I just stink at something, or you need to be superman/have a group so each person gets their own mob to kill.

[spoiler]
    H:5491 M:5720 B:86% [eb]
    With a low hiss, you launch yourself at a rot-infested swordfish, battering him in a frenzied flurry of strikes.
    H:5491 M:5720 B:86% [e-]
    Surging forward with one powerful sweep of its tail, a rot-infested swordfish sinks its blade-sharp snout into your soft abdomen, impaling you cruelly.
    You are afflicted with mob_impaled.
    H:4114 M:5720 B:86% [p e-]n

You must regain balance first.
    H:4114 M:5720 B:86% [p e-]
    Input: writhe from mob_impaled
    Your body is too unbalanced to be able to writhe free of the weapon.
    H:4114 M:5720 B:86% [p e-]n

H:4114 M:5720 B:86% [p e-]
    H:4114 M:5720 B:86% [p e-]dh

You stick yourself with an analeptic serum.
    The serum heals your wounds.
    H:5222 M:5720 B:86% [p e-]n

H:5222 M:5720 B:86% [p e-]
    A rot-infested swordfish snarls angrily at you and moves in for the kill.
    Your health continues to drain away as your impaled body shudders on the end of the weapon.
    H:4916 M:5720 B:86% [p e-]ih

You can see the following 8 objects:
    "monolith sigil94618"    a monolith sigil.
    "swordfish51693"         a rot-infested swordfish.
    "swordfish51720"         a rot-infested swordfish.
    "eel44871"               a miasma-wreathed electric eel.
    "eel45224"               a miasma-wreathed electric eel.
    "octopus160642"          a five-tentacled octopus of jade.
    "shark117811"            a taint-infested shark.
    "stallion201280"         a roan brumby stallion.
    H:4916 M:5720 B:86% [p e-]
    You have recovered balance on all limbs.
    H:4916 M:5720 B:86% [p eb]
    A rot-infested swordfish displays its razor-sharp, needle-like teeth as it opens its jaws, closing them a moment later to take out a good-sized chunk of your flesh.
    A rot-infested swordfish displays its razor-sharp, needle-like teeth as it opens its jaws, closing them a moment later to take out a good-sized chunk of your flesh.
    H:2374 M:5720 B:86% [p eb]n

You begin to writhe furiously to escape your impalement from a rot-infested swordfish.
    H:2374 M:5720 B:86% [p e-]
    H:2374 M:5720 B:86% [p e-]n

H:2374 M:5720 B:86% [p e-]
    You bleed 756 health.
    H:1618 M:5720 B:86% [p e-]n

H:1618 M:5720 B:86% [p e-]
    You struggle to escape from a rot-infested swordfish's impalement.
    You have recovered balance on all limbs.
    H:1618 M:5720 B:86% [p eb]dh

You stick yourself with an analeptic serum.
    The serum has no effect on your body.
    H:1892 M:5720 B:86% [p eb]
    With a heroic effort you manage to writhe yourself free from the weapon which impaled you.
    You have escaped your impalement by a rot-infested swordfish.
    You have cured mob_impaled.
    H:1892 M:5720 B:86% [eb]clot 20

You exert your superior mental control over your body and will your wounds to clot before your eyes.
    H:1892 M:4120 B:86% [eb]
    You are again able to use a healing serum.
    H:1892 M:4120 B:86% [eb]n

Surging forward with one powerful sweep of its tail, a rot-infested swordfish sinks its blade-sharp snout into your soft abdomen, impaling you cruelly.
    Lashing out and scoring a lucky hit, a rot-infested swordfish carves a long gash in your arm.
    You are no longer moving so quickly.
    celerity
    Your blood bond fades to its normal state, and your body's health is once again your own.
    blood affinity minion
    You have been slain by a rot-infested swordfish.
    Experience Lost: 15000 [total: 2605341]
    [/spoiler]
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    Yea, I'm not a huge fan of using mob_impale in non-major mobs. It's one of the more annoying afflictions out there, and really hurts how 'bashable' an area is. When you're slower at bashing it -and- they're worth less XP than other areas it's just meh.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

Trager
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    edited March 2014
    Elyni said:
    Fucking hell I hate LUA sometimes...

Decide to come back to the game, change my UI up a bit... Of course it bugs out, and I spend 3 hours trying to figure out why it's not working (too tired to remember about the little 'errors' button...)

if hpcc > 100 then GUI.Health:setvalue(100, 100) else GUI.Health:setValue(hp, maxhp) end

GUI.Health.front:echo("<b>Health: "..hp.."/"..maxhp.." ("..hpc..")")

if mpcc > 100 then GUI.Mana:setValue(100, 100) else GUI.Mana:setValue(mp, maxmp) end

GUI.Mana.front:echo("<b>Mana: "..mp.."/"..maxmp.." ("..mpc..")")

if epcc > 100 then GUI.Mana:setValue(100, 100) else GUI.Endurance:setValue(ep, maxep) end

GUI.Endurance.front:echo("<b>Endurance: "..ep.."/"..maxep.." ("..epc..")")

if wpcc > 100 then GUID.Willpower:setValue(100, 100) else GUI.Willpower:setValue(wp, maxwp) end

GUI.Willpower.front:echo("<b>Willpower: "..wp.."/"..maxwp.." ("..wpc..")")

Try and find the SMALL FREAKING ISSUE which caused my entire GUI to not update >_>

/rage

For future debugging help, your endurance logic still calls the Mana setvalue. I've bolded and underlined above.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    Daskalos said:
    Yea, I'm not a huge fan of using mob_impale in non-major mobs. It's one of the more annoying afflictions out there, and really hurts how 'bashable' an area is. When you're slower at bashing it -and- they're worth less XP than other areas it's just meh.
    What is the difference between mob_impaled and the normal web/rope/whatever affliction?
    Mob impaled does damage as it's hitting you, bypasses disperse\flame tattoo, and cannot be writhe from while off balance. It also feels like a longer writhe. In general, I hate -all- writhing afflictions in mobs.

"If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

Katszia
    Yikes.
    Daskalos said:
    Mob impaled does damage as it's hitting you, bypasses disperse\flame tattoo, and cannot be writhe from while off balance. It also feels like a longer writhe. In general, I hate -all- writhing afflictions in mobs.
    I think it's only longer because we cannot writhe from it while off balance.
    havenbanner2
    edited March 2014

<8421/8421h 5395/6395m 32205e 10912w <eb> <cspdb>> <100|100|100|100|64.85%>
    With a heroic effort you manage to writhe yourself free from the weapon which impaled you.
    You have escaped your impalement by a rot-infested swordfish.
    You have cured mob_impaled.
    <8421/8421h 5395/6395m 32205e 10912w <eb> <csdb>> <100|100|100|100|64.85%>
    You bleed 264 health.
    Health Lost: 264
    Health Lost: 1275, cutting.

I literally cannot bash this place as it stands right now. I got -1- hit in with 2 of them in the room with me, because of constant writhelocking. Also, rage that rebirth made me lose silence\shade

• IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    buy the arti that gives dodge chance vs mob impale, Dask
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • Ishin said:
    It doesn't actually help all that much because it seems like every attack the swordfish do is an impale.

• AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    edited March 2014
    Ishin said:
    It doesn't work. I bugged it earlier.
    It's a 30ish% chance when it DOES work though. Better than zero!
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    ...do you really think I don't -have- that artifact?

PiperArekaCalipsoDamonicus
    ....lol @Daskalos. It didn't sound like it! :P Which is why I said it, I figured you'd run like hell to Delos, slavering and foaming at the mouth 'cause you'd missed one :D<3
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • Poor Qeddwyn cant make arties fast enough
    @Razmael probably agrees with you.

Ishin
  • Daskalos said:
    You know, for all the whining I hear from certain people about 'we never get a fight' you might consider that if you didn't always bring double and triple the numbers we can muster, you -might- get a fight.
    I'm not one of the ones whining but the problem is that people are going to want to come anyway for participation points and no one wants to be left out. It's just a case of people wanting to get involved, not stacking odds to make sure our side win. And if we are going to go down the path of Enorian only brought four, lets just bring four, it will inevitably be the four best available so weaker fighters wont get much a chance. It's just a hard problem to fix. I'd say if you're sick of being outnumbered just work on finding more numbers and our guys just not complain when they don't want to contest. 
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    edited March 2014
    Neeewwwppp.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

Xiuhcoatl
    Huh? Breathe Fire at Icewall <dir> (endgame racial). And while you were gone, they added POINT ICEWALL <dir>

• DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    I know, I'm being a smart ass. Should prolly just get rid of the post.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

This discussion has been closed.