LOVE

Comments

• LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Calipso said:
    I looooove the funny honors the divine here make for NPC characters like Juxa, Ati and Baelak. Hilarious stuff,
    Oh my god, fix your comma, it's killing me
    Katszia
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    Watching @Setne's sig and humming along with it 'cause you've watched the show so much you have the timing just right.
    Late to the party, but oh my god, the Alcazar is cool. <3@Iosyne
    EzalorAlexina

• Oh god my sides
    Lin
    Oh DkS2. How I wish I could afford you. ;-;
  • The store I work in has a Growler Station with different high dollar beers on tap. People bring in their jugs and we fill them. Spillage of foam is a necessity in order to fill them all the way. As such, my hands almost always smell like really good beer.

Also, just ate some awesome Asian crab salad. Mmmm.
    VeovisAngwe
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    X-Com: Enemy Unknown
    I internally raged when a 90% hit chance shot missed, but after giving it another go, I'm in love.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    Xavin
  • That game, man.

The number of times it's all gone to hell because of ONE... ONE  missed stupid shot or something.

Plus it can be difficult to snag things right and not be severely under-teched against the enemy. Then get a terror mission with this spider bastard that mess everything up.

It's fun though, overall. 
    Xavin
  • Terror missions are the worst. THE WORST.

I'm honestly not sure if Enemy Within makes things harder in the long run or not. Having to deal with Exalt can be a pain, but the genetic modifications are pretty useful and the mechanized soldiers are -amazing-.

• SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    edited March 2014
    Being undergeared for the base invasion mission can be downright murderous. I'd say a little harder tbh. Diverging into the other tech trees can really screw you over, and the sectopods -- oh god the sectopods!

(but what a cool name! Operation Ashes and Temple!)

edited March 2014
    I lost two people in Operation Brutal Summer, in Germany, with barely any cover, and one of my people panicked near the end.

I honestly wouldn't have the game if it weren't for the 2k Build Your Own Bundle on Gamelfy. $80 worth of games for $16. X-Com, Borderlands: GOTY and Bioshock 2. They were the only games on the list that I either didn't have and/or found appealing.

Ingram said:
  • @Ishin - Unexpected and awesome RP. Who knew? Thank you!
    IshinHavenFaerah
  • This post is more love for @Kelliara!  I could not esteem the player, or love the character, enough. She's rough around the edges and, as many people have told Faerah, hard to figure out where you stand with her - but she's among the most consistently RP'd and well-developed character I have met in any game I've played and I am always excited when Fae and Kelli get a chance to sit down and chat. 

Katszia said:
    @Ishin - Unexpected and awesome RP. Who knew? Thank you!
    I knew!  @Ishin is a great character. He's remarkably unpolished, impulsive, and brash - but he RPs the fallout from his actions with wonderful writing that reveals a very real character with his own set of motivations, strengths and (although he'd hardly admit he has any) weaknesses. Glad to see other people like @Katszia and @Moirean giving him the chance to show that instead of writing him off as simply another griefertroll.

KatsziaIshinMoireanPiper
  • I happen to LOVE chocolates and orbs and downright stubbornness.

Having slain a colossal swarm of ravenous eld, you retrieve the corpse.

Suck it, swarm. Suck. It.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

KatsziaEzalorMoireanArbreEmelle
  • @piper It's. So. Hard.

I've drank regularly for most of the last 15 years. I haven't had a drink in two weeks. That doesn't seem like much, but I'm stupid excited about it.
    NeithanYusriLinKatsziaTeaniIshinElwyn
  • NeithanNeithan Sunspear, the Principality of Dorne
    edited March 2014
    My two big brothers, friends John, Matt and Chris and I all own Warhammer 40K armies. Chris owns a huge assortment of card and board games, my brother is a collector of monopoly games, I own a few card games and my girlfriend owns a few as well. A few nights a week,
    we get as many people as we can and sit down to play games.

Last night, we played Tentacle Bento, a card game in which you take on the role of an alien tentacle monster at an all girl's school. The goal is to capture the most school girls out of the group. It is hilariously awful and fun.
    PiperMinarael
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    edited March 2014
    Rashar said:
    @piper It's. So. Hard.

I've drank regularly for most of the last 15 years. I haven't had a drink in two weeks. That doesn't seem like much, but I'm stupid excited about it.
    Pretty much the same here. It's hard but I'm -loving- all the extra energy I've had lately. Also, the headaches are gone. Also.. also.. I've had time for my friends because I can focus on them. We've been playing Super Dungeon Explorer, Red Dragon Inn and its expansions, and I just bought Hanabi, the Tempest series, and then some. It so exciting to be around people and be able to focus on them rather than thinking about what I want to drink next.

You don't sound stupid at all. I'm pretty thrilled for the same reason, here. I'm considering just... not even doing much social drinking once I get over this hill of a crave-session I've got going on. I also cut out cigar smoking, too. Mind you, I somehow took up a massive Shirley Temple drink and soda frenzy to make up for it but.. I can handle a few marachino cherries, I think.

Edit to say that I think that EVERYONE should play Super Dungeon Explorer and/or Red Dragon Inn. Dear god, they are SO much fun! Waah! Also, I am SUPER excited about trying out Courtier and Love Letters by AEG. I already adore Smash Up and it's a staple at our gaming nights but I'm interested to see what their Eurogames are like.
    Teani
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    edited March 2014
    You body often will crave sugar if you stop drinking after you've done it regularly. Also, don't be surprised if you get mood swings, irritated easier or you find it hard to get excited/enjoy things. That's your brain adjusting to a different chemical balance.
    PiperIshin
    Yeah.. I've been going nuts over soda. Crazily so. My mood has been pretty perky and actually far more stable than it was before, I think. I can't really compare myself to before and after, though. I've noticed my friends being a bit more happy around me, lately, though. That's something!
    TeaniIshin
  • CarivahCarivah Tremble, little lionfish
    Piper said:
    My growing card and board game collection. Also, my reconnection with my real life friends to form gaming nights that have, so far, been a ton of fun.

I demand pictures.
  • Aside from a near insatiable desire for pop, which I cure with coke zero, I've been doing alright.

But man. That coke zero.

Piper
    edited March 2014
    Mountain dew and ginger ale over here. I've reclaimed my childhood obsession with sissy virgin drinks, too. Had a meeting at work at a restaurant and everyone was getting sloshed and I was being SO GOOD with my virgin pina colada!

Keep at it, @Rashar! We'll be awesome!

@Carivah As soon as I get back some games that I lent out, I'll absolutely take a picture!
    Haven
  • Speaking of board games, try Eldritch Horror. Takes 2 hrs less than Arkham Horror. Still took us 3.5 hrs and the game beat us the players. I like playing new board games at my friend's houses. We're also playing Firefly tabletop once-a-month still, which tends to turn into board games after (like today), which is nice change from Pathfinder/DIB I usually play 2 nights a week.
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
    Meyvitch said:
    Speaking of board games, try Eldritch Horror. Takes 2 hrs less than Arkham Horror. Still took us 3.5 hrs and the game beat us the players. I like playing new board games at my friend's houses. We're also playing Firefly tabletop once-a-month still, which tends to turn into board games after (like today), which is nice change from Pathfinder/DIB I usually play 2 nights a week.

I ADORE Firefly. My character in that was a janitor named Bailey that was trained in melee (and horrible cooking). Talked with a southern accent, carried around a video camera, and was always sending home videos to her enormous family back on the frontier world she was from.

Also, never played Eldritch Horror but I own Elder Signs. That game is awesome, more easy to set up than Arkham Horror, and is pretty fast, too.
  • Mine is named Wesley Barton. He's a pilot who has the RP constraints of Chip On the Shoulder, Memorable, Hard of Hearing, AND one other I've forgotten. Story is he used to be an officer (Haven't decided which side yet, but prob Alliance) until a grenade blew up close to his head, taking half his hearing and all one ear.

Fun so far.

imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
    Piper
  • To join the boardgaming love, I'm slowly getting pretty excited for GameStorm next week. (basically it's a big board-gaming convention that *miraculously* takes place in Vancouver instead of Portland and is 4 days of gamesgamesgamesgamesgames as much as I want.)

Sign ups for joining games started this week, so I'll be getting my epically-obsessed-game-on soon. Woo! And since I'm -finally- a normal, full-time employee, I get vacation time to take off for it!

Piper
    Aryanne said:
    To join the boardgaming love, I'm slowly getting pretty excited for GameStorm next week. (basically it's a big board-gaming convention that *miraculously* takes place in Vancouver instead of Portland and is 4 days of gamesgamesgamesgamesgames as much as I want.)

Sign ups for joining games started this week, so I'll be getting my epically-obsessed-game-on soon. Woo! And since I'm -finally- a normal, full-time employee, I get vacation time to take off for it!
    If you see the last three Tempest games from Alderac Entertainment Group, let me know how they play? I've been looking at reviews for Mercante, Dominare, and Canalis but half are saying they're awesome. The other half rave about them. I mean, if you've got the time and they're there.
    Aryanne
    edited March 2014
    Coming back from a budget deficit while at war with like 5 different civilizations and currently in Civ V, feels super awesome. I feel it was because I was Batman. Caesar ain't got nothing on Batman.

Also, completing a mission 1 turn before my sniper was gonna bleed out in X-Com.

Ingram said: