Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    edited March 2014
    Dude. I'm beginning to think that half of Aetolia are just amazingly well made trolls. The latest complaints I'm dealing with as a CL? Someone left the city a while back and I'm being accused of showing potential favoritism for their potential maybe someday possible theoretical return one day in the distant future. Bear in mind, the person who has left has not left on bad terms, nor have they actually requested to return. 

KatsziaIngramIshinPeriluna
  • Eff people, Moirean.

Always going to be -somebody- unhappy about something you're doing. I haven't been around this game all that long, but I've been around real life for a while, and I've been a leader of people for more than a decade. It's all the same, really.
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Moirean said:
    Dude. I'm beginning to think that half of Aetolia are just amazingly well made trolls. The latest complaints I'm dealing with as a CL? Someone left the city a while back and I'm being accused of showing potential favoritism for their potential maybe someday possible theoretical return one day in the distant future. Bear in mind, the person who has left has not left on bad terms, nor have they actually requested to return. 

YOU MONSTER!!!
    DraimanAryanneIshinTrager
  • edited March 2014

Coming back for the first time in a bit, get told a good friend is a whore, my character gets called a whore himself, get f-bombs hurled at him, then ignored.

Thank you for the welcome back, Aetolia!

IshinTrager
    :/ That is definitely not normal behavior.
  • Unless you play with shoutson. Then it's a 50/50 shot between 'coward' or 'whore' pretty much every time stuff starts up.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Ishin
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    edited March 2014
    Either you're dealing with a really weird crowd or we're not getting the full story. That's really uncommon.

Edit: Should mention, although the Administration isn't there to babysit us, verbal abuse is against Aetolia's terms of service and can be issued.
  • If I divulged a full story, it would involve enough information, likely, that the person who talked to me could be figured and that's not kosher.

I will try to sum it up with ... conversation began, Nyles was warned his friend is something of a whore. He inquired why and how (while defending his friend some). A disagreement ensued regarding perspectives on life and how we choose to live it, and the argument was closed with f-bombs and a, "That player has chosen to ignore you", message.

Now, I'm not saying Nyles wasn't blunt or pointed in his commentary, but when no vulgarity is used and it hits you with a slap that'd put a southern bell to shame all before she stomps off to leave you at the mercy of her Beau, kind of reminds you why you play in doses.

• Alternatively you could pick the kind of friend who isn't derpy enough to use a mechanical ignore over a vocal IC disagreement.
  • Said person really likes that ignore command after getting the last word in. And I don't think he was detailing her as the friend. He was saying that he was warned a friend of his was a whore (lovely term that one), by said person.

Anyway, I like you being back @Nyles! Don't go away again you bum. <3
    Nyles
  • edited March 2014

We could call this person a frenemy, if that makes it better?

And anyhow, I'm not going to pick and choose who I roleplay with. Let roleplay come how it may and well, I'll hope for the best. Hopefully less 'rawrangstrawr' and more 'You're so deliciously handsome I must have you."

Much more of the latter.

edit @katszia: Okay, true, I've rp'ed with that person only a few times and, alas, she was not woo'ed by Nyles' undeniably suave, debonaire self. So ... aquantincnemy? Is that better?

KatsziaIshin
  • ElyniElyni New Zealand
    Fucking hell I hate LUA sometimes...

Decide to come back to the game, change my UI up a bit... Of course it bugs out, and I spend 3 hours trying to figure out why it's not working (too tired to remember about the little 'errors' button...)

if hpcc > 100 then GUI.Health:setvalue(100, 100) else GUI.Health:setValue(hp, maxhp) end

GUI.Health.front:echo("<b>Health: "..hp.."/"..maxhp.." ("..hpc..")")

if mpcc > 100 then GUI.Mana:setValue(100, 100) else GUI.Mana:setValue(mp, maxmp) end

GUI.Mana.front:echo("<b>Mana: "..mp.."/"..maxmp.." ("..mpc..")")

if epcc > 100 then GUI.Mana:setValue(100, 100) else GUI.Endurance:setValue(ep, maxep) end

GUI.Endurance.front:echo("<b>Endurance: "..ep.."/"..maxep.." ("..epc..")")

if wpcc > 100 then GUID.Willpower:setValue(100, 100) else GUI.Willpower:setValue(wp, maxwp) end

GUI.Willpower.front:echo("<b>Willpower: "..wp.."/"..maxwp.." ("..wpc..")")

Try and find the SMALL FREAKING ISSUE which caused my entire GUI to not update >_>

/rage

• If you spent three hours debugging without checking the Errors tab then the fault really lies with you, not Lua.
    SetneLin
  • ElyniElyni New Zealand

Elyni said:
     (too tired to remember about the little 'errors' button...)
    *Is not the one who made the language not differentiate between capitals / lowercase*
    = LUA's fault.

Rage thread. Let people have their rage. K thanks.
  • Rage as much as you like. My opinion is entirely meaningless. Learning fundamental things like case sensitivity and efficient debugging will limit the amount of rage you have to suffer in the future.

My personal rage today is the fact that you can no longer make a guildless or cityless character during chargen. I don't know why that was removed or why there wasn't a 'skip chargen' button added for people who don't want to sit through the selection process and the newbie tour.
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    You know, for all the whining I hear from certain people about 'we never get a fight' you might consider that if you didn't always bring double and triple the numbers we can muster, you -might- get a fight.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

EzalorDamonicusSolariaRivasTrager
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Hey triple is pushing it! Maybe 2.5x tops.
    EzalorDamonicusSolaria
  • edited March 2014
    2.6 maybe?
    EzalorAishiaTrager
  • edited March 2014
    Yusri said:
    Learning fundamental things like case sensitivity and efficient debugging will limit the amount of rage you have to suffer in the future.
    This is so true. I remember having to write small assignments for my classes and an error would have me on my back for hours. Like, I'd be racking my mind for hours thinking about how to get it to work correctly. This only increased when I had to start writing in assembly. Assembly debugging is something you never EVER want to get into unless you have to. That stuff is brutal the first time around. I managed to get through that class thanks to the professor. Now I've rarely seen a bug that I haven't been able to find very quickly, besides typos. Typos always get ya. The only things I have to go back and fix in bulk.

Learning debugging is essential. It saves you time, energy, and frustration. Learn it. Either from the top down or the bottom up. I had to learn it from the bottom up. If I don't understand the lower level, I can never understand the high level. 
    LinYusri
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    I get what you mean there Catty. It's such a weird thing, it seems so unfair to even expect people who want to show up to NOT show up. Not even really any kind of fair way to do it without actual mechanics which is pretty well just as dumb. Obviously sometimes we're going to roll over top of 1-2 people. Maybe we just need more communication, start calling you guys out to make the fight more even instead of grumbling to ourselves about it.
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    I mean I do realize Daskalos Valingar and I constitute a pretty dangerous group and maybe you DO need a numbers advantage on us. >_>
    CiarelleSlypheDaskalosFaerah
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    I think it was really more along the lines of 2.2 or 2.3x. I still have that nasty TDF from Papi Damariel from that RP that went on the other day. It should fade around 10pm this evening >.>

I was having to use shoot vs snipe. So noob. :(
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Catty
  • edited March 2014
    Toz said:
    Unless you play with shoutson. Then it's a 50/50 shot between 'coward' or 'whore' pretty much every time stuff starts up.
    Aetolia in 1 line.

I've been called a whore, harlot, and such synonyms here more times than in my entire life gaming experience.

P.S: @Toz you forgot 'Food' and 'Leech'.
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Whorelot!
    edited March 2014
  • I kind of get a headache when people try to go on and on about balancing fights. It won't ever happen, and every side does it. Whether it's Duiran bringing 16 people to a CTF that literally nobody else bothered to join, or BL/Spines doubling the size of the enemy group at the lesser, it's just the ebb and flow of combat participation.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Ishin
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    edited March 2014
    Elyni said:
    Fucking hell I hate LUA sometimes...
    Lua is not an acronym.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    Yusri
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    I hate it whenever someone tells me LUA isn't an acronym.

They're right, but I still hate it.

:(
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    Maybe they weren't thinking it was an acronym, maybe they were just shouting it, SETNE.

LinPerilunaYusri
This discussion has been closed.