Mafia: Nineteen Eighty-Four

Comments

• Both need to vote. 1/1 is not a majority. When we get to one mafia member, I will award a win to the town. The reason for this rule change is that I feel the rounds are becoming less and less interesting. Less people who are 'alive' in the game are able to participate. The win conditions are now: 

Town wins once the mafia is down to one member. 

Mafia now wins if they outnumber the town. 

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

• KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    So that leaves me, Zun, Demarcus, Damonicus, Treebre, Aarbrok, and Periluna.

Everyone except Aarbrok and Treebre voted for Malak.
    Aarbrok and Treebre voted for Alexina. 

This means that, at some point, each the the mafia members voted against the other mafia members. Sly bastards.
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
  • So pretty much it is over.

• ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    I'll be honest, I still don't have any idea what I'm doing, but that's rather par for the course.
  • edited January 2013
    As people started to filter out of their houses to begin the day, a bundle of newspapers seem to laying in the road. As cautious steps are taken forward, it becomes apparent that under the soaked pages lies a badly beaten Arbre with a cloth taped to her mouth. Apparently the inner party members have a sense of humor - burying a tree in dead trees. 

Arbre has been murdered as she was an innocent Proles. 
    It is now DAY. 

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

Not necessarily. I don't think the mafia will be voting tonight, if they're smart.
    Oh. I stand corrected. I guess they are not smart.
    Well, Damonicus was around when Treebre got ganked. Good enough reason as any, at this point.

Vote: Damonicus
  • Vote: Aarbrok

I am just a citizen. So, my choice is Aarb for one mafia member which will end the game. If not, hopefully the night round the mafia hits the Bleeder and we still find out by the end of today.

• I'm usually all for rooting out people that don't participate (especially as it worked out quite well in the last lynching!) but... Kiyotan has a point. The mafia seems to be quite slick. Voting for their own members and such. So now... I've gone back and looked at who started most of the trains. 

1st Round - Zun (killed the Truthseeker - but was first round and random at that)
    2nd Round - Ilyon (killed the child)
    3rd Round - Kiyotan (killed a prole)
    4th Round - Kiyotan (killed a member of IP)
    5th Round - Kiyotan (killed the TP)

Now - the only PR's left are the Bleeder and the Reflector

The Bleeder's role seems to be rather passive and only helpful if the bleeder dies BUT! the Reflector has the ability to root out roles. My guess - Kiyo is the Reflector.

VOTE: KIYOTAN
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    To be honest I have been just following trends, I follow what seems to be the most valid of points, Periluna makes sense so....sorry my fellow jew...

VOTE: Kiyotan
  • DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    Hrm, A lot of interesting points brought up. At least I think they're points. You may not find them interesting.

Why would the Inner Party be voting off their own members in the lynch mode? You might have one start a vote on one of them, and then another try and make a stronger case for a non-inner party member to lynch them and then BAMMO! You get a two for one and the game ends sooner. I have a gut feeling that Kiyotan is innocent.

The real question is whether we believe Damonicus when he says he's just an innocent member of the common people. We've had bad luck so far when people make this claim and... it turns out to be true. Perhaps he's playing at this angle, perhaps he's not. The current count is what, 4 citizens to 2 bad guys? I think?

I think it's sly that Aarb's didn't vote for Malak, but did vote for Alexina. Vote for Alexina to throw off suspicion, but ruh roh, they sniffed out Malak, may need to try and save him by starting a different vote. I like this logic.

VOTE: Aarbrok
    Am I allowed to argue logic and just not vote?

I found this when searching 'sad dead tree'.  I have no idea why the onion is crying, but at least SOMEONE cares about me.
  • @Arbre: 6.) Once you’re dead you must stop posting unless its the occasional: oooOooooOooo. 

Valenae
    FINE THEN.

PerilunaMeyvitch
    I am not the reflector, and furthermore, I think you misunderstand the role of the reflector. Nowhere does it say that the reflector is informed of the roles of the person they visit, only that they appear as the role of the person they visited when they die. 

Secondly, by Periluna's little chart, my track record is pretty good: 2 out of 3. You think I would start trains against the mafia twice if I were mafia? No, that makes no sense. If I were mafia, intentionally knocking off a member of my team once would be sneaky, but twice is just stupid, and severely reduces my chance of winning. No, what makes more sense is that Periluna has taken notice of my last two good shots is getting kind of nervous about this current one. I am pretty confident, then, that she and Damonicus are the surviving mafia.
  • Vote: Damonicus.
  • Well since I want this game over with and want to prove a solid point:

Unvote: Aarbrok

Vote: Damonicus

Majority vote: Come kill the citizen

• edited January 2013
    As the crowd turns their hostility on him, Damonicus turns and begins to run away before stopping, turning, and giving one last shrug as the people of Oceania satisfy their blood lust. 

Damonicus has been killed and he was a Proles. 

It is now NIGHT.

The bleeder is still in good health. 
    The reflector is still reflecting. 
    One inner party member is still plotting. 
    Two Proles are still kickin'. 

...crap. There goes my future as a private detective.
    Arbre
  • The mafia needs to kill two townies to win. 

The town still needs to kill one mafia member. 

• oooOooooOooo

• What were you saying Kiyo? Sorry. You voting to lynch proles was so loud I couldn't hear.
  • Also: I refer back to Val's post. I -knew- I read it somewhere. Hm. Maybe you aren't the Reflector or maybe you're just trying to confuse us.
    Valenae said:
    Reflector: During the night round they pick one person to visit. They will find out that role. If they die to town or mafia they will reflect the last person they chose to visit. 
    Then I stand corrected.
  • edited January 2013
    Aarbrok's body is hanging up in the town square for all to see. 

Aarbrok's throat has been cut. He was a Proles. 

It is now DAY. 

So now we have two mafia and two proles. Obviously the two mafia aren't going to vote for each other, and the other Proles and I are not going to make a majority vote. I think we have reached a stalemate, or a mafia victory. =\
  • edited January 2013
    I think you're right. So here's the deal: 

No matter what, the probability is it goes to nolynch, which we all know is a disabled function. Which means the game would default to the 36 hour deadline. After the deadline, it is night and mafia have the next vote on the night round. At this point, I'm forced to call the game for the Inner Party members. 

Congratulations Zun, Periluna, Alexina, and Malak. You have: Gotten rid of the Democrat, put the Proles back in line, and have won the chance at rebuilding a productive, strict, and protective big brother. You have served your country well. 

• Oceanians: 
    Malak (Thought Police)
    Kiyotan (Bleeder)
    Damonicus (Proles)
    Orisae (Child)
    Aldric (TruthSpeaker)
    Zun (Inner Party)
    Alexina (Inner Party) 
    Periluna (Reflector)
    Ilyon (Democrat)
    Tree (Proles)
    Aarbrok (Proles)
    Demarcus (Proles)
    Rho (Proles)

And then we wake up the next morning relieved that it was only a book! :D
    PerilunaValenae