Territory control and the Steelhew arc.

13»

Comments

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Any chance we can get 2 ledgers/tables? Millog could be read from both war room and council chamber, and it would be nice to be able to keep up to date on stuff from the council chamber with the new system.
  • MaghakMaghak The heights of Stormcaller Crag
    I actually only just got a function for retrieving a list of adjacent areas from the lovely Razmael, so currently no, there are no supply chain checks (yet). Given the complexity of adding that, there probably won't be for the forseeable future - but it's on the list.

If you (or other city leaders) would like to message me the desired vnums, I can spread some tables and ledgers around.
    The ledger is cool in the thematic display of IC dates, but it's not very easy to translate that to gameplay. Millog and citylog and all that show OOC dates/times which is much easier to convert to "oh this happened 4 hours ago".
    Also if engagements could display "X charges into battle" or "X assaults Y" or "X initiates attack against Y" or whatnot, it'd be easier to track if attacks were an ambush or an intended attack. 
    Is there a benefit to war treaties? Like maybe quicker use of forts created by allies or shared capture points?

Also, being able to "tell x## what is your order history" or something would be great, instead of having to go back to barracks and piece through logs for an individual unit.
  • MaghakMaghak The heights of Stormcaller Crag
    Moirean said:
    The ledger is cool in the thematic display of IC dates, but it's not very easy to translate that to gameplay. Millog and citylog and all that show OOC dates/times which is much easier to convert to "oh this happened 4 hours ago".
    The IC dates are the only kind of timestamp I have access too, as far as I am aware.
    Moirean said:
    Is there a benefit to war treaties? Like maybe quicker use of forts created by allies or shared capture points?

Also, being able to "tell x## what is your order history" or something would be great, instead of having to go back to barracks and piece through logs for an individual unit.
    I don't have a way to check treaty data (or I would be using it to determine troop enemies) unfortunately. I do not see troop-level order histories being implemented before the end of the event.
    Moirean said:
    Also if engagements could display "X charges into battle" or "X assaults Y" or "X initiates attack against Y" or whatnot, it'd be easier to track if attacks were an ambush or an intended attack. 
    This should be easily enough done. I'll note it down for when I get back after Uni today (in about twelve hours).

Sadly, right as it seems that you guys are on the cusp of capturing Hashan, my Uni schedule has kicked into first gear and I have to vanish for the entire day. The intended endpoint for the event was the fall of Hashan, but it's quite likely it will need to wait for a day or two. Apologies!
  • Maghak said:
    Moirean said:
    The IC dates are the only kind of timestamp I have access too, as far as I am aware.
    Moirean said:

I don't have a way to check treaty data (or I would be using it to determine troop enemies) unfortunately. I do not see troop-level order histories being implemented before the end of the event.
    Moirean said:
    This should be easily enough done. I'll note it down for when I get back after Uni today (in about twelve hours).

Sadly, right as it seems that you guys are on the cusp of capturing Hashan, my Uni schedule has kicked into first gear and I have to vanish for the entire day. The intended endpoint for the event was the fall of Hashan, but it's quite likely it will need to wait for a day or two. Apologies!
    You guys, he says. *wonk*

But seriously, Maghak, if it has to wait, it has to wait. We'll understand. Unless we get blown to bits in the intervening days. If that happens, I'm gonna :( at you something hard.

Pfft, we've been keeping half the army busy in the Dry Plains. Not really our fault that Spines is basically under assault so that's where we have to use our troops.
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    School OP, @Maghak. It all seems pcool from what I've seen, but I didn't get a chance to play with it myself. Everyone else seems to be enjoying it though :D
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    I really hope we get to see more from this system. It was really well-done, and the entire event was awesome. I don't think any of us expected to see it blossom into something like this (ok, I was kinda hoping we'd see warfare when Thuneron brought out troops, I totes tried to march them >_>) and it was really fun, creative and exciting.
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    This system was very well put together, was fair and was easy for anyone of any rank to understand or make mistakes with.  
    Easily trainable if anything, but effective when used.

I was really impressed with all of it, and would love to see more of it.

Kudos
    Moirean
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    I missed... the WHOLE THING....
    Demarcus
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    MoireanLinAkaryuterraIshin