Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    I rage that in any thread I'm in for more than 10 seconds I randomly have a blank draft show up in my drafts. -_-
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

IosyneFerrik
  • Oh wow, we have a drafts section. I have 51 drafts. I hate you Draiman, I was happier not knowing they existed.
    LinDraiman
  • edited March 2014
    ANNOUNCE NEWS #2235
    Date: 3/6/2014 at 16:09
    To  : Everyone
    Subj: Forsaken Evlasu

We've just released a revamp of one of our newbie areas - Evlasu. Now overrun by cultists and
    aberrations, the forest suffers a blight that is only barely held in check by a small Duirani
    resistance.

We will be continuing on to revamp three other newbie areas - Yohanan, the Crags and Rahveir. Like
    Evlasu, these areas will be set up to have a questing storyline that is relevant to the city to
    which the area is tied. Our long-term goal for this is to have a storyline for each city that a
    newbie can take part in across several areas, which will take them all the way from newbiehood to
    the higher levels - around 80 or so.

I hope you enjoy the stories to come!

Penned by my hand on the 2nd of Khepary, in the year 414 MA.

Damn you Raz, shit like that will tempt me to roll alts.
    AryanneIosyneKatsziaHaernIshin
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor

The crafters guild is getting mega troll like of late. I am glad I rarely use it outside of making bandages.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

Teani
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Dude I told you that the Shamans held a patent on the color green, I assumed it would be an obvious joke!
    Riluo
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited March 2014

lol, @Lin I will admit you got me there. I am so tired today you could have said the sky is yellow and I would have agreed. My rage is not directed at you however, it is the general feeling of bitterness people have when rejecting things.  I have had things recently rejected over using armour vs. armor, as well as little things like modeling vs. modelling. It is somewhat infuriating to say the least.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    I thought that the only time crafters could reject for those kind of spellings was if you used them inconsistently. A red-colored lion of a suit of scalemail should be fine as long as the same description uses armor rather than armour.
    Damariel
  • Sarita said:
    I thought that the only time crafters could reject for those kind of spellings was if you used them inconsistently. A red-colored lion of a suit of scalemail should be fine as long as the same description uses armor rather than armour.
    This is correct. The game uses both American and British English spellings and both are allowed so long as consistency within the context is observed.
    RiluoXavin
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    edited March 2014
    I actually have to agree with Calipso.

It is somewhat frustrating to see a thread closed by moderators when people might still have other points to raise about the subject, particularly when the people who are posting in the thread are constructive in their arguing and just exchanging opinions. I mean, I get that some threads reach a point where there is a lot of hostility going on, but that was hardly the case about the class dispensing/multiclassing discussion we were having. The fact that a few people felt the need to joke around doesn't mean that the rest of us didn't have anything else constructive left to say about the matter.

Meh.
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    I think the point is that this has been brought up and rehashed dozens of times over. It is what it is -- when multiclassing came out, they never said 'and NPC's will dispense classes'. It's an idea people have, that some agree strongly with, and some do not. It's a circular argument that goes nowhere and only breeds eventual hostility. Just cut it off at the pass. 

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

XavinIshinCalipso
    If there really is a discussion still to be had, I have no problem with reopening the thread.
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    It all bout that pi, baby.
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Riluo said:

The crafters guild is getting mega troll like of late. I am glad I rarely use it outside of making bandages.

Seriously, this. People need to consider their reasons for rejecting something carefully. I got a rejection note telling me to change my description to something that was completely grammatically wrong.

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Lin said:
    If there really is a discussion still to be had, I have no problem with reopening the thread.
    Did not seem very constructive.
    IshinPerilunaCiarelle
  • Teani said:
    Riluo said:

Seriously, this. People need to consider their reasons for rejecting something carefully. I got a rejection note telling me to change my description to something that was completely grammatically wrong.
    I saw that rejection and was like O_O wat? I put things in half expecting them to be rejected outright because of something that actually makes complete sense but personal preference somehow now plays a part in rejections.
  • VeovisVeovis Florida
    I've had plenty of items rejected for making sense.
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    edited March 2014
    Closing a thread at 3am after two people do a short derail doesn't seem so constructive. I was disappointed to find the thread closed so soon when there was so much left to respond to and expound on. What about solutions? I'd be fine if leaving a guild before GR3 'locked' your class, allowing you to play it, but limiting you to learning guild skills from guilded members of that class who've transed w/e skill it is. Furthermore, I think some skills and abilities should remain in the guild's control ala Daru/Luminary 'Great Spark' skills. Edit: Or, what if there was some malus for using skills opposed to yr tether? Say a vampire Sentenel wouldn't be able to use some minor skills like Thornspray or Rejuvenate and they'd have to wait for summoned animals to appear, regardless of terrain. The class is still perfectly playable and no ones RP gets stepped on.
    VeovisKatsziaCalipso
    Alright alright! I yield! I reopened the thread.
  • CarivahCarivah Tremble, little lionfish
    edited March 2014
    Roux said:
    Teani said:
    Riluo said:

I saw that rejection and was like O_O wat? I put things in half expecting them to be rejected outright because of something that actually makes complete sense but personal preference somehow now plays a part in rejections.
    I keep hearing about this sort of stuff and it's really discouraging to even buy a license and start trying. I have some ideas for guild related stuff I pass on to other people in the guild to do the heavy lifting, but when I genuinely feel like crafting, I wince and log on to Lusternia instead.
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    As an aside, if you feel there's a pattern developing or a rejection is way off, you can message the design nums and the issues to Becue. If rejectors are crossing lines, being really sloppy, etc, Becue -will- have a word with them. 
    SlypheLinArbre
    Guys, please don't let a few bad stories scare you off. Yeah, it happens to all of us, and there are times when it seems like a complete bozo is just out to make your crafting life impossible. The other 99% of the time, crafting is a joy.
    TeaniVeovisErzsebet
  • IosyneIosyne the Lair
    Nooo! My spider! Where did it go!?
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    I blame Ezalor
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

SetneAryanneHavenAarbrokSarita
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    @Carivah Crafting isn't as bad as the rage makes it seem. Honestly, most of the time people are pretty decent about stuff. Sometimes, there's a turd or two floating around, but hey. That's life in a Midnight Age.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Ezalor married it.
    Arbre
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Crafting here is insanely better than in other games. There no CD or limit on how often you can submit stuff, stuff gets approved in hours because we have a mortal queue, there aren't prohibitive costs to get multiple tradeskills and the options we have with our crafting (fumology aside, shakefist) are way more versatile and diverse than in other game. I'd say pick up a talent first to try it out - pyrotechnics is awesome in its own way and something like fletchcraft is functional and lets you design items.
  • MarienaMariena By a lake.
    Lin said:
    Dude I told you that the Shamans held a patent on the color green, I assumed it would be an obvious joke!
    So uh.. I am the one who had the Shaman's ritual mask which equated to green and bone. I understand the rejection 'green isn't owned by the Shaman' but man, that was a bit caustic in the rejection. 

I will tell you my challenge right now: A simple concept that makes something 'Shaman' that doesn't involve five million animals or jingling like a Mardis Gras hooker. 

Lin
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    I rather LIKE Mardi Gras hooke-...I mean. 

Hmm. Could do votaries of each of the spirit guardian skee-saweatingpeople things, or a green man/emerging from wood(grove?) representation. I'd need to look over your skills a bit more to pop out some more concrete ideas, but I'd be happy  to message them to you if you want. 
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    String a fetish on it. Done.
    Riluo
This discussion has been closed.