I thought I would try re-releasing my free system. It was fairly successful last time, maybe it will be again.
About the Xarisystem
- This system is written for Mudlet. Last time I used zMud, but now I'm using Mudlet. Mudlet is free, and open source, and is basically better in every way than zMud. I won't be writing a system for zMud/cMud.
- This system isn't yet working for non-undead. I wrote the system with the knowledge that I would eventually get around to including living curing, but I haven't done it yet. That said, I wrote it to be ultimately compatible with both, so getting living curing started is a matter of adding a few things to a table and a couple triggers. Which leads me to my next point...
- This system isn't finished yet. It's good enough that I used it to win some Delosian brawls/championships/whatever a while back, but I took a few months break from Aetolia since then and there have been several big combat changes. My plan is to use open-sourcing/giving it away to motivate me to include/fix the rest of the things that the system needs.
- If you're using my system, I'd like you to view that as an agreement to help me make it better. Post problems with it in this thread, or message me with them. My goal with my last system was to make combat more accessible for everyone, without anyone having to fork over a lot of cash (however if you do want to fork over cash, donations are welcome).
- You are welcome to make any alterations to my system that you like, and distribute them freely. However, I would request that if you are distributing my system or a version of my system, that you do so freely and without charge. Also, if you do make a significant change, make me aware of it and maybe I'll include your work in my version so that everyone profits.
- This system doesn't include an automated offense. That's left as an exercise for the reader, or possibly something you can purchase from me. I also removed several other things, like my autobasher. The removal of these modules hasn't been completely tested, so I may have broken something.
- No liability is taken for when something goes weird and you spontaneously eat 8000 gold inks. Caveat emptor.
What's needed to get it working:
- Mudlet must be installed.
- gmcp needs to be enabled in Mudlet. Go to Settings/General and make sure "Enable GMCP" is checked.
- Config mapview on with map radius 4 is highly recommended.
- Opening Settings/Input Line and unchecking "Show the text you sent" is highly recommended. This is a spammy system.
- mudbot is also highly recommended. I have included an autobasher that will work with mudbot, although you will need to tweak it to work with your preferred bashing area.
- The in-game configs that are relevant are set as follows:
- Once you've completed the above, download the system, and extract it. Go to Toolbox/Module manager, hit Install, and find the downloaded xml file. After that, save your profile and restart mudlet.
- If you don't have certain skills, this system may break in new and exciting ways. Things like parry, diagnose, etc. You should remove any defenses that you don't have access to from the general defense table, or the defup script will try to keep applying them.
- The only classes that I have are Bloodborn and Indorani, and I only recently got Indorani. So if you're Bloodborn, or, to some extent, Indorani, good news! This system will probably work great for you out of the box. Other classes will require significant tweaking.
- t (whatever) to target it
- f (optional whatever, defaults to target) to hit it
- j (command) to execute that command as soon as you get balance back
- cor (command) to keep looping that command every time you regain balance
- ee to reset the system to "normal", end all rituals, and other stuff
- cure (clear|off|on) to reset curing, turn curing off, and turn curing on, respectively.
- cure limbs to fix all limb damage. During combat I only cure limbs if they have above 15% damage, so in non-combat situations you may want to cure all limbs completely.
I'm open to any questions, so please don't hesitate to contact me in any way. That said, I'm afk a lot, so be patient.
Last updated 8/24/13