Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• If that's about the post I made regarding the current points system, I thought I made reference to the benandanti -and- ministers working on a new system. I don't think anyone is trying to take credit for things they didn't do.

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    It must just be our own different leadership styles, then. I cite people by name in Spinesreach, and try to only use neutral "the leadership" citations when it's something we all spent a lot of time discussing or if it's something I worked on mostly by myself. It came across as masking work that was done and giving credit to the Benas to support the incumbent in the election, but I guess that's just my own style affecting how I viewed the post.
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Ezalor said:
    Citizen @Haven to Enorian and have him become part of city leadership. There will be lots of shit started with Duiran, I guarantee it :D.
    The majority of them that aren't apathetic are not interested in pursuing that avenue at all. I suppose they find what they do with Bloodloch and Spinesreach currently far more interesting and appealing or maybe that's just what they're most comfortable with. -shrug-  That's their choice to make.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    edited March 2014
    Cannot buy a Spinesreach shop, I hate

CannanPeriluna
  • I'm really sad I can't participate in the recent events with Juxa. They look like a lot of interactive fun and stuff, but being that I can't/haven't been around, it doesn't look like I'll be able to enjoy it.

So sad. I just don't have the time..
    LinPerilunaKatszia
    we all understand RL>aetolia.  You'll be here for another cool event, the divine/admins seem to be on point with lining them up as of late.
  • Trolls bands. 'nough said.
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    While I have complete faith in our Admin team, I would have 0 faith for our current Liaison squad if not for Ezalor. My class is based solely off of RNG and a lame damage route that only works on the unartifacted. If you disagree with that then you are either terrible at Aetolia PK or you are new to PK. There is no middle ground there. You are one or the other. But that's not what this rage is about exactly. My rage is that I rage quit Aetolia after Daskalos killed me in under 5 seconds flat with a straight damage route, and then during that rage quit, I missed out on chances to report things for my class (Not that it would of helped). Coming back, I looked at the reports, and hip hip hooray. An RSL which is...ok I guess. And another hooray, my minions that I never ever use because they all completely suck got an HP buff. I can't raise a banana minion though, and that just adds insult to injury. Also, the RNG that Prae survive off of is getting beat into the ground with the nerf stick via stupidity nerfing. But that's kinda needed sooooooo....Yeah, thought about it, still mad.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

Syssin have a unique ability to mess up city security true, but illumination users could just firebomb duiran/wilds and only have to answer to their lack of pkers.... that would be bad bad bad for game health if classes were easy to get your hands on.
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    edited March 2014
    And we'll just have to disagree there. Mechanics ARE roleplay*, and while it isn't ideal and there are other ways for the game to be built, further divorcing class and skills from the roleplay of the organizations they derive from because of entitlement isn't the way to go. 

Edit: What I mean by this is you can't have it both ways. PK is RP, and class is RP too. 
    It bothers me that if I'm in a dead guild or for whatever reason cannot attain a class that the game advertises I'm able to have, I'm sore out of luck...not because that's not how the admin want it to be but because of another player or group of players.

I know of several people who have tried to get class in a guild but can't because the players who can give them it aren't around to do so or won't for whatever reason. Some just don't or can't play when the other is playing. Some have RP reasons. Some want to be paid a sum (hefty or otherwise) for it. Whatever. Right now, you're boned unless you find a way to metagame it. How is this good policy?

havenbanner2
    KatsziaErzsebet
    edited March 2014
    Ah, I'm talking about out of guild class, not in guild class. I think guild-based quests and some time investments could easily address that for inner-guild issues. 

Edit: Though I would probably push for some adjustment for people who repeatedly join guilds/side hop, that if they've done it via quests once, they can't do it again, like Certimene. 

Edit Edit: And I would disagree that you're boned. Unless people are being ridiculous, the reasons why you would be denied a class is because there is conflict between you and the org that class represents/builds/is part of, be it in loyalties, transgressions against that org, or something else. 

Multiclass is nice but not essential, it's a good money maker but I stand by that you're not -entitled- to having any class you want when you aren't part of that org. 
    Ishin
    Areka said:
    Ah, I'm talking about out of guild class, not in guild class. I think guild-based quests and some time investments could easily address that for inner-guild issues. 

Edit: Though I would probably push for some adjustment for people who repeatedly join guilds/side hop, that if they've done it via quests once, they can't do it again, like Certimene. 

Edit Edit: And I would disagree that you're boned. Unless people are being ridiculous, the reasons why you would be denied a class is because there is conflict between you and the org that class represents/builds/is part of, be it in loyalties, transgressions against that org, or something else. 

Multiclass is nice but not essential, it's a good money maker but I stand by that you're not -entitled- to having any class you want when you aren't part of that org. 
    We'll have to disagree then as I believe out of guild class and in-guild class should be treated the same. If the game says I can have it, why do the players get to say I can't?
    havenbanner2
    Ishin
    Because this is a roleplay world and actions have consequences. The game says you can have credits and gold but that doesn't mean you get them freely - you have to work for them, there's part of an exchange. Same for citizenship or org membership or artifacts or anything else. 
    Areka said:
    Because this is a roleplay world and actions have consequences. The game says you can have credits and gold but that doesn't mean you get them freely - you have to work for them, there's part of an exchange. Same for citizenship or org membership or artifacts or anything else. 
    The consequences and roleplay would still persist if guild's didn't have the power of class dispensing though... But again. Maybe you're right in that we won't agree and will have to agree to disagree. I'm willing to continue in the other thread Arbre moved us to if you are.
    havenbanner2
  • RING RING! RING RING!

- Hello, who is this?

Hi it's a new thread.

http://forums.aetolia.com/discussion/1148/class-dispensing

• ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Oh my god, how many posts did they make while I was trying to split the thread?  I wish I could move individual posts.
    Haven
  • That moment where you have to retype an emote 3 times because you keep accidentally hitting the down arrow RIGHT. AS. YOU. FINISH.

And the first one was -juuuust- how you wanted it.

FerrikPerilunaKatsziaRivas
  • Random posts on the forums are inexplicably in boxes, with no rhyme or reason that I can see.

The eff have you people been doing with this place since I was gone.
    Hover over the post - entire posts that are in full boxes are either promoted by admin or they have 5+ likes/agrees. 
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Putting posts in boxes, obviously.
    SetneLinPerilunaAryanneKatsziaProcellErzsebet
  • Aryanne said:
    That moment where you have to retype an emote 3 times because you keep accidentally hitting the down arrow RIGHT. AS. YOU. FINISH.

I do this sometimes, except with the way my keyboard is, I'll try hitting the right arrow but snag the 1 key on my numpad which enters however much of the emote I got with SW attached to it.
    Aryanne
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    If you are on CMUD, just uncheck "autoclear command line" and you can go back and forth between an emote and progress and other commands using the up arrows. I do that a lot, answering tells or C/GT while typing out an emote. My issue is when my fat hand hits alt or control or whatever it is and the inbuilt windows macro (I googled, it can't be disabled) accidentally deletes the entire thing. Why there is a permanent macro on my computer to delete everything highlighted, I don't know and I dislike it. I accidentally deleted an entire builder project once that way, as my palm rolled across the corner keys and selected everything and deleted it in one fabulously terrible second. It was like...4 pages long. I always use OO and autosave now for that stuff.
  • VeovisVeovis Florida
    Procell said:
    Random posts on the forums are inexplicably in boxes, with no rhyme or reason that I can see.

The eff have you people been doing with this place since I was gone.
    The Vanilla Forums editor appears to be fairly terrible. Earlier, it was meshing quoted posts with replies instead of putting the quote in the box and the reply outside of it. I had to manually edit the HTML to fix it. 
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    edited March 2014
    Moirean said:
    If you are on CMUD, just uncheck "autoclear command line" and you can go back and forth between an emote and progress and other commands using the up arrows. I do that a lot, answering tells or C/GT while typing out an emote. My issue is when my fat hand hits alt or control or whatever it is and the inbuilt windows macro (I googled, it can't be disabled) accidentally deletes the entire thing. Why there is a permanent macro on my computer to delete everything highlighted, I don't know and I dislike it. I accidentally deleted an entire builder project once that way, as my palm rolled across the corner keys and selected everything and deleted it in one fabulously terrible second. It was like...4 pages long. I always use OO and autosave now for that stuff.

that's one thing I miss from cmud
    Katszia
  • edited March 2014
    That and selecting text auto-copies it. I tried to convince Heiko to implement both features into Mudlet in its early days, but they just didn't understand what I meant with the command line suggestion, and for the copy thing kept saying that they liked to highlight text for reasons other than copying. But could never give me a specific reason.

^ Several years old now, but still a rage of mine.
    KerrynKatszia
  • Aryanne said:
    That moment where you have to retype an emote 3 times because you keep accidentally hitting the down arrow RIGHT. AS. YOU. FINISH.

Pressing the up arrow will bring back what you had typed. In CMUD at least.
  • My question based annoyances.

Part One
    People ask if they can ask a question. Just ask the question. 
    HEY XIUH, CAN I ASK A QUESTION?
    If I respond I've done nothing but waste time. You asking that also does nothing but waste time. If you just ask the actual question, we both can get the answer faster with less work. Why bother asking the question. I know Kaestrin just did this to me and I didn't answer the ask a question part. However, it's a very common thing. I try to tell most people if I'm not about to kick them in the dongerino, don't ask if you can ask a question. It wastes time. My time. Your time. Time's time. 

Part Two.
    If someone asks a question, the only valid response to the question is the answer. Throw a joke in if you want to, that's a valid form of discussion. This might just be me, but if I'm asking a question I'm doing it because I want an answer. Nothing else. Just the answer. I don't care about how that makes you feel, what you think of the question, if you need clarity of the question, or anything else. I want an answer. No back talk. No commentary. No gigglefits. Just an answer. A singular answer. In as few words as possible. 

Part Three.
    My answers to questions will not changed based on slightly different wording. If you ask me what I'm wearing/What my attire is/What do I currently have on top of my skin or the like my answer will not change. 
    AngweArbre
  • Man, you always seem like such a neat guy. :)
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Just great at parties!
This discussion has been closed.