Small Ideas - AIN'T NO COMBAT THREAD

Comments

• I like the idea of being able to rip out and paste pages/letters into books.  

Right now I just use letters that I write a little description up top indicating that it's ripped from a larger text - but it'd be neat to be able to actually rip out pages.  It would also be nice to be able to paste letters/ripped pages into books as well.  It'd be a different take on preserving letters and stop the clutter build up of preserved letters in one's inventory.  

Also... I'd love a quill pen of some sort - I haven't spotted one in game anywhere... Do they exist? 
  • I think there's quills in Delve, if I'm not mistaken. Pretty sure I had one for my art studio.
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    @Oleis: Can the force blocking artifact give a unique message instead of the "You cannot force someone to do that" one? It's confusing because it makes it seem like you guys ninja changed how force works as opposed to someone just being immune to the force ability via artifact.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • Saybre said:
    I think there's quills in Delve, if I'm not mistaken. Pretty sure I had one for my art studio.
    I found them!  Thank you. 
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    I'd like to see some kind of power or orb we can buy with research tokens to make it so when we SACRIFICE CORPSES with our sacrificial daggers that it had the same effect as offering at a linked shrine. I'd totally be okay with spending a token on something like that. Orange orb or some shit.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    MoireanArekaArbreJensenInfin
  • I think I said this before but a centralized shrine in each city that at the end of the year takes all offerings that have been offered to that shrine and splits them to the Divine Advisory

Piper
  • Re: Guild Treaties

If one organization offers a treaty to another, can we add the ability to REVOKE the treaty prior to the other side accepting it?  This would help in the event that errors are detected that need fixing.  
    Ishin
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I just wish the offering org could make minor edits to a treaty after approving and before final confirmation. Having to delete and remake for a single typo is such a headache.
    IshinInfin
    edited March 2014
    Could CREDIT REPORT be tweaked to show credits across all of the characters listed on CHARACTERS? I suck at math and forget who I've tossed what to.

Even nicer would be if credits came in a third tier, to easier track IC/OOC sources of credits. Ie, if credits earned for things like building or bardics or website purchases went in as membership credits (akin to the elite subscription) or as another category on STAT just to easily distinguish which credits are cool to swap between alts and which aren't.
    VeovisIshinInfin
  • Possibility of bombcrafting bombs to be utilized by all and not only restricted to bombcrafters. There are few of them as is, and this could perhaps actually bring bombcrafting into usage in the game.
    Infin
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    can SAYTO (no not SAY TO) work for mobs?  We have a lot of RP lines going with mobs in Spinesreach and I like to make sure my says lines target the right things.   SAY TO will just fire off even if the target isnt there or the mob name doesnt match the actual target.
    Lin
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    edited March 2014
    Actually I'm pretty sure it does. I got bored and made an alt and I typo'd (I usually do "say to" and not "sayto") and forgot my space, and the say still targetted the mob.

I could of been hallucinating or something but I'm pretty sure it worked like that.

Edit: Effing typos.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Doesn't work, I tried it before posting
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Allow AB <Skill> RANKS show your true rank at the bottom so you know where you're at regardless if you're under the effects of a Divine Blessing or not.

## Justice           0%    Transcendent.
    Piety                0%    Transcendent.
    # = Luminary-excluded skill
    ## = Paladin-only skill
    You are at 100% Transcendent.
    Type AB DEVOTION <ability> to gain more information on an ability.

Aconite              66%   Fabled.
    Selarnia             0%    Mythical.
    Gecko                33%   Mythical.
    Scytherus            0%    Transcendent.
    You are at 24% Adept.
    Type AB VENOM <ability> to gain more information on an ability.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Ferrik
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    LEARNED command does that already.
  • Jensen said:
    can SAYTO (no not SAY TO) work for mobs? 
    Asked Razmael to look into it. Not sure why it isn't allowing it!
    Jensen
    It dawned on me just now when I made my mini shaman, but when you first make a character channel tells (GNT, for example) are the same color as everything and all that crap just kinda blends in. Would it be such a bad idea to default color at least GNT with something other than crap gray?

MoireanDaskalos
    I idead that a while back. It would be really nice if orgs and clans defaulted to some color before setting it yourself.
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Just remember, after you register your character, you can COPYCOLOURS/COPYCONFIG DRAIMAN to re-use his info.
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    It's not a new character issue for me, but like, noobs frequently lose the messages tutors spam them right after they complete the tutorial, due to both the colouring and the timing. It'd be great if these were spaced out and made easier to read (and when the guild is greeting them, which also gets lost in the new-char spam!). 
    KerrynMoireanDraiman
    edited March 2014
    Yeah, I was saying it more for the newbies. Which I guess you could be implying I am a newb. In which case </3

MoireanHavenIshinInfin
  • Draiman said:
    It dawned on me just now when I made my mini shaman, but when you first make a character channel tells (GNT, for example) are the same color as everything and all that crap just kinda blends in. Would it be such a bad idea to default color at least GNT with something other than crap gray?
    I talked a little with Razmael about this and we'll see about looking into colors that won't be too jarring (or have colorblindness issues for some of our folks). And, of course, we'll see into staggering that text wall output a little more at the start so it doesn't become an overwhelming swathe of information.
    ArbreDraimanMoirean
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Would it be possible to give the colouring options like guides and gods can do with newbie, for help scrolls and stuff? 

Moirean
  • I know it's not all that important, but maybe a shorter telegraph line while splicing wormholes? Right now, when you're splicing, it's quite a long time between each line saying that you are splicing. Might just be me, but sometimes makes me think I screwed it up in some way or another.
    Moirean
    Or maybe even some sort of prompt indicator. <splicing> after your prompt when you are splicing <channeling> when you're doing something channeled like an insta kill. Allow that to be toggled on/off as a custom prompt option.
    YuriiDraimanIshin
    Undead are able to "squirt sudorific/antispasmadic/demulcent", but trying to "empty elm" doesn't work, and instead I have to refer to it by pipe number. Any way we could have "empty elm" work for living?

Haven
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    The ability for certain order members to ORDER PROMOTE.  People have suggested in the past that this would lead to problems if there was an active God, but I don't think it's any more dangerous than ORDER INDUCT or whatever the command is, if that dangerous.  If the God doesn't want the mortal promoting people, they have ways to punish them for going against their will.
    Infin
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    Why not just allow the Divine to assign the priv, same as GMs ?
    Calipso
    Would it be possible to consider letting forgers submit custom designs for all forging patterns (versus just the ones they have learned) and also consider dropping down the customize skill to a lower rank? Alternatively make customize at inept and let them customize stuff as they learn it so even a brand new forger could actually be doing stuff with the skillset.

More newbish forgers already are a bit shafted if they aren't trans, doubly so if they aren't endgame with the racial and triply so if they don't have access to a hammer, but forging is one of those skillsets people really like to do. Giving people a bit more flexibility with the more RP side of things would be nice, since they have to invest a bit dismally heavily into it to be useful in any sort of way.
    PiperIshin
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Isn't it in line with how the rest of the tradeskills work, in terms of investment?

That's not me saying no, just can't be sure if I'm misremembering.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.