Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• No, you're misunderstanding. Primarily, the use of word 'anti-Syssin' is in reference to the class, not the guild. Unlike the Daru where it's 'Daru is the guild, Zealot is the class', or Bahkatu v. lycanthrope, it's the same for Syssin. In fact, what we try to do instead is differentiate Syssin from Syndicate. The subtle point that is being made here is that the Luminary is a Syssin, whether Syssin-trained, or secretly in the employ of the Syssin guild.

You hear about crafting issues about me for a few reasons:
    1. I haven't rolled over on crafting issues and let the bad rejectors get away with their abuse. You'd be surprise how many crafters have just given up and let them get their way with it.
    2. You're hearing from not the most credible of sources.
    On this note, I'm wondering if there are actually player protests over this issue because -they- have syssin class and few threatened by this in-game matter. If so, that would be very bad form.
    Erzsebet
  • edited January 2013
    Actually, I get your point. It should include a greater indication that it's actually a Syssin, shouldn't it. >.>

When I was crafting the flag, I was doing so with the anti-Syndicate flag in mind as reference. So that stuck in my mind that the hanging form is a Syssin, and all I added was the luminary's mace. But what I should've realised is that on its own, there isn't any indication that the flag is of a dead Syssin.

It's an oversight on my part. I'll fix up a better flag.
    KiyotanRivas
  • While that's all well and good, my rage still stands: I'm tired of seeing all these damn flags all over the place. In the bashing areas, in Delos, on the highway...it's pretty annoying. I don't read the descriptions anymore (there's what, five different total variations now?), I stopped trying to get rid of the Syssin ones in the city...it's just something I'm trying to ignore until you two get bored and decide to find some other way to pester each other.

And for what it's worth:

Raeche said:
    On this note, I'm wondering if there are actually player protests over this issue because -they- have syssin class and few threatened by this in-game matter. If so, that would be very bad form.

I have two characters, a Lighter and a Darkie. My Lighter, while Luminary, does not have Syssin class.

Granted, I wasn't posting here to get anything resolved...I just wanted to rage. I can still do that, right?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

RaecheAmara
  • Rivas said:
    While that's all well and good, my rage still stands: I'm tired of seeing all these damn flags all over the place. In the bashing areas, in Delos, on the highway...it's pretty annoying. I don't read the descriptions anymore (there's what, five different total variations now?), I stopped trying to get rid of the Syssin ones in the city...it's just something I'm trying to ignore until you two get bored and decide to find some other way to pester each other.

And for what it's worth:

Raeche said:

I have two characters, a Lighter and a Darkie. My Lighter, while Luminary, does not have Syssin class.

Granted, I wasn't posting here to get anything resolved...I just wanted to rage. I can still do that, right?

Heheh.. Okay yeah. =p That's fair enough.

I can see how it can get annoying when they're in every room. In future, I'll not have the flags spamming/lining the highways. If @Daskalos wants, he can hammer some of his present one and leave them only at the main landmarks, but that's up to him.
  • edited January 2013
    Phoenecia said:
    There are player protests over it because it's annoying. No two ways about it. With the flags, it was super annoying when the Syssin were sticking up flags on EVERY FREAKING ROOM of the highways. Even after the number of flags got reduced, it was still annoying. Why? On a player level, it's pretty attention whorish. 'Ooh, lookit. We're everywhere and in your face, and there's nothing you can do about it!' It gets to the point where some of us are sick of seeing it everywhere.

And the reason why there are complaints about you, Raeche, at least in regards to crafting, is because is you consistently submit things that are sketchy or skirt crafting rules, and you whine and cry about it and are -adamant- that you get -your- way and that -your- way is right. Every single time. You constantly play the victim. Even when a good number of other crafters politely rule against your designs or reasonings.
    Nope. And because it's a lesson I've learnt from past experience, I'm not going to engage you on this.

What I will say though, about crafting issues, is that to anyone who has heard ill-opinions of me, please speak with me first so you get to hear both sides. I'll provide the factual recount, and then my take, and from there you can decide. Please don't form opinions from hearsay or only based on what only some claim. It wouldn't be very fair to me.

Edit:
    Hrm, I think the post I was referring to got deleted. But I want to reinforce my point.

I haven't defended myself over allegations with crafting because I don't want to get into an argument with the other crafters (mainly because I don't see the point). The better use of time would be to leave it to Becue. However, a side-effect of not coming up with a public defence is that there could be bad things said about me, and spreading, since only one side of the story is available.

Half the people who have been quick to express their opinion on this matter don't even know me, or have spoken to me about it. I don't intend to appeal to those set in their opinion and willing to entrench it based on hearsay - but for those of you who are willing to hear my side of it, please message me IG or otherwise and I'd be more than willing to talk about it. If at the end you decide I'm still in the wrong, so be it. But at least give me a fair hearing. Thanks.
    ArekaAldric
  • KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount

Phoenecia said:
    On a player level, it's pretty attention whorish. 'Ooh, lookit. We're everywhere and in your face, and there's nothing you can do about it!'
    Sounds like @Lin! Was this your idea?
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Actually that was exactly my idea. I'm glad to see it's working, even if the execution isn't the classiest thing I've ever seen.

I even designed the first flags.

I always intended for the Syndicate's members to be in-your-face, though. I have to agree that leaving more than, say, two flags an area is a little silly.
    Kiyotan
    HaydynLinLiancaArbreElwynRivasValenae
  • As a reminder to you all - ad hominem attacks on individuals are not what these forums are here for.  More than one individual 'Flagged' a specific post, and I've reviewed it and found it a little too excessive in its vehemence towards an individual.  So, it's deleted.
  • (And for the record, why not just request the ability to 'IGNITE <flag>')?
    CiarelleHaydynAmaraRivasDemarcus
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    Belakai said:
    (And for the record, why not just request the ability to 'IGNITE <flag>')?

(Because then we'll see 'An anti-Syssin blanket has been spread across the ground here.' with flame sigils attached to it instead.)
  • Alexina said:
    Belakai said:
    (And for the record, why not just request the ability to 'IGNITE <flag>')?

(Because then we'll see 'An anti-Syssin blanket has been spread across the ground here.' with flame sigils attached to it instead.)
    Why not let all craftable items have a destruction verb associated with them, in the chance they are left in inappropriate places?
    HaydynAmaraRivas
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    Why not just use a mushroom sigil like the rest of the realm and help the Aetolian economy by selling goods?

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

Aarbrok
    Make Enchanting mercantile!
    AlexinaAmara
  • People who nitpick when something isn't done exactly how they would have done it. Even just the small things. My character =/= your character, and she will have her own views and methods. Please respect. :(
    HaydynLinIllikaalRaeche
  • So let me get this straight. It's okay that you ruin quests for others and noone can touch you for that, but Gods forbid someone ruins -your- quests, cause you will hunt them to the end of the world. Explain the logics.

Demarcus
    edited January 2013
    Challenge accepted!

hy·poc·ri·sy  (himage-pimagekimagerimage-simage)
    n. pl. hy·poc·ri·sies
    1. The practice of professing beliefs, feelings, or virtues that one does not hold or possess; falseness.
    2. An act or instance of such falseness.

Next!
    AlistaireLinAarbrokSetne
  • edited January 2013
    Not feeling ready to step down from a position but being made to feel guilty if you hold onto it
    :-S

• People killing off Tordahl just to ruin the quest for others. Seriously, guys?
    Demarcus
  • I quietly rage at a few things that bother me. I rage at the current set up for how skills are learned and expanded within playing characters. The fact that one should join a faction in order to learn a power skill bothers me. In fact, I rage at the concept of classes in general in Aetolia. Instead of having classes, I believe it should simply be your race, and then whatever skills your character manages to get a hold of and dump lessons into. My view on what must be done is similar to how Class is handled in Skyrim. It strikes me as more realistic, in my opinion.

For the sake of keeping the "fluff" up in the Aetolian Universe, I guess it would be needed for certain skills, such as Numerology and other secret styled skills, to be kept tightly locked up by it's root owners, and only imparted to the worthy.

So there you have it. My rage is at the rather strict guidelines that are currently imposed on classes and learning within the Aetolian Universe. I would prefer something more fluid and open, without getting rid of the RP (fluff), behind them.

• While more realistic, the described setup would require a -lot- of concessions and sacrifices because of game balance, and most of the unique class skills and features would become impossible.

Yeeeah I'd go Subterfuge/Mentis/Crystalism or something stupid.
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    Illumination/cooking/tekura IRON CHEF

PerilunaAmara
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    Dhuriv/Mentis/and uh.. Hypnosis I think.

• ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Forging | common sense | battlefury
    Chivalry/Subterfuge/Savagery SURPRISE BUTTSEX
  • Bend in a wide hallway. (Arbothia.)
    His over-sized form towering over his surrounds, an enraged servant is here, eyes burning with hatred.
    You see exits leading east, southeast (open pine door), south, southwest (open pine door), and west (open pine door).
    H:6050 M:5700 E:26174 W:24898 B:100% Spark:66% XP:39% [csdb eb lr] <<15:04:59:281>>
    An enraged male servant snarls angrily at you and moves in for the kill.
    H:6050 M:5700 E:26174 W:24898 B:100% Spark:66% XP:39% [csdb eb lr] <<15:05:00:102>> scs

With a furious roar, an enraged male servant launches himself at you and pummels you with his massive fists.
    H:5240 M:5700 E:26174 W:24898 B:100% Spark:66% XP:39% [csdb eb lr] <<15:05:00:423>>
    You sink back into the menacing stance of the Scorpion.
    Balance Used: 2.00 seconds
    H:5240 M:5700 E:26124 W:24898 B:100% Spark:66% XP:39% [csdb e- lr] <<15:05:00:745>>
    The rush of energy fades. <----
    H:5240 M:5700 E:26124 W:24900 B:100% Spark:66% XP:39% [csdb e- lr] <<15:05:01:213>> 
    Now targeting Servant.
    combo servant sdk ucp ucp
    You cannot kick while off balance.
    You launch a powerful uppercut at an enraged male servant.
    You connect to the head!
    You have scored a CRITICAL hit!

I am doing this that often to myself,  it's not even funny anymore :(

Spinesreach.

MilvushinaRivas
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    Dhuriv/Woodlore/Subterfuge.
    Black Rambo, y'all.
    Lin
This discussion has been closed.