Since it's been brought up multiple times, let us all have a go at it, keep it civil.
The Pros of Limb Classes/Fighting
- No venoms to juggle!
- Zealot/Monk/Lycan do not have to worry about Rebounding.
- Can cause a lot of bleed and can hinder well.
- Kinda badass to beat someone's body parts to a pulp.
The Cons of Limb Classes/Fighting
- Insanely difficult to track properly without a ton of work.
- Parry is the easiest defence to absolutely kill momentum.
- 2 of the 6 'limbs' only have 2 levels of break (Head/Torso)
- Getting ahead of salve balance to maintain breaks vs getting ahead of herb balance is MUCH harder. (Especially with parry being involved.)
- While tracking afflictions given/cured is 1s and 0s easy, Limb damage is highly variable.
- Artifacts are near necessity for Limb classes to get ahead (Weapon Runes/Knuckles/Claws) vs. Venom/standard affliction. *Yet strength does not affect the actual limb damage, only the raw damage*
- Literally set up for 'damage kill' which the game is slowly moving away from and nerfing damage all around.
- If a weapon limb class (Templar/Carnifex/Luminary etc), have to deal with rebounding AND parry.
Hopefully this will get some visibility, as a lot of us LOVE limb fighting and greatly prefer it, but it is incredibly hard to get others into because of the complexity involved, yet it has far more cons to it than standard affliction tracking. This is a detriment to the combat player base, because the fewer people -using- it, the less likely the administration will see the flaws, and the only instances of nerfing to scaling have been done effectively due to artifacts.
I personally only make headway with Maces on Templar because I have 2 Level 2 Empowerment runes, and level 3 strength. Without the runes, the maces are too slow to make headway AND deal damage, otherwise you sacrifice one over the other. In Lycan it's almost primarily luck and timing, I have not directly fought in Zealot/Monk for about 8 years beyond bashing, so I can't account too much for how troublesome it is for them, but I hear it enough it has stalled me on scripting my offenses for those classes.