MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• I have to get a tooth pulled. My appt. is set for next week. I've never had a tooth pulled in my entire life so I'm totally freaking out about this.
  • Moved and apparently AT&T covers the OTHER side of town, but not here. In fact, they cover the north, west, and south. Not the east though. They do cover east of here... just not here. So no internet service for me. Not until I get my new service installed.
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Weird clunking noise in my car on the way to dinner.  After dinner it kept up a bit intermittently.  Then the ABS/anti-skid light stayed on with a warning light indicating service.  Theres something clunking on my rear tire.... not going to work tomorrow now :(
  • Jensen said:
    Weird clunking noise in my car on the way to dinner.  After dinner it kept up a bit intermittently.  Then the ABS/anti-skid light stayed on with a warning light indicating service.  Theres something clunking on my rear tire.... not going to work tomorrow now :(
    It'll be alright.  Yer gyro is just all caddywhompus.  What you need to do is get a can of ether, a rag, and a hammer.  Trust me, I'm a redneck.
    Boomer Sooner!

RiluoSetneAarbrok
    edited February 2014
    i think something sheared sheared off, maybe the metal line on the calipers that the brake hose attaches to.  It's too snowy, cold, and dark to check tonight.  
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    Post surgery pain meds making me feel too foggy to really do much of anything, and my huge knee brace making it really hard to put my laptop on my lap to do things I thought might still be manageable.
  • Feeling really good about getting something going and then just feeling like crap in the aftermath. I wish I didn't feel so poorly about everything lately.
    Arbre
    needs to be a separate dislike button for the rage and madness threads so I can dislike it without negging you
    AryannePiper
  • Haern said:
    Feeling really good about getting something going and then just feeling like crap in the aftermath. I wish I didn't feel so poorly about everything lately.
    It it's what I think it is, buck up. It's going fine and you're doing fine.

• OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Periluna said:

Moved and apparently AT&T covers the OTHER side of town, but not here. In fact, they cover the north, west, and south. Not the east though. They do cover east of here... just not here. So no internet service for me. Not until I get my new service installed.

Welcome to the regional monopoly.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
  • Having a wonderful dream all the way through. Frollic in the field, life is great, yadda yadda. Then outta left field, Bane rushes into it and decides to break me. I don't mean the kitty butt feces that was in the newest movie. I mean the batman forever bane. He was a huge hulking 9 foot tall 8 ballin mega lady's cleaning product that punched someone head in, in one go. Then I was next. I swear my spine hurt when waking up. 

Also, all the installs on my laptop I had to do for my opt into shaders for my openGL class. I'm wishing right now, that I really stayed with fixed function. But, eh, shaders aren't that hard and I really enjoy learning about them. It's just all the installs. What's even worse is they don't tell you what to install in any of my books. They just be like, dis do dis. And I be like, how do dat doe? They beez like, I'M MR MEESEEKS LOOK AT ME!

Jensen said:
    i think something sheared sheared off, maybe the metal line on the calipers that the brake hose attaches to.  It's too snowy, cold, and dark to check tonight.  

I lied, one of my hubs busted.  There goes a sweet 700$.  Bright side is Aetolia hung on to 150$ for me and is giving it back soon.
    Angwe
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    My rage for today: Tomorrow is the semi-final match in Olympic men's hockey between the USA and Canada. I'm working all day tomorrow, and won't be able to watch the game live. ;__;

• *groans*
    BraeOmeiCannan
  • Weirdest. Friday. Ever. Between the flying stuffed monkey, finding out a part was stolen and trying to keep all of my co-workers from going off the deep end already..I'm half expecting a person to randomly walk in with a chainsaw and start destroying the office.
    Jasline said:
    Weirdest. Friday. Ever. Between the flying stuffed monkey, finding out a part was stolen and trying to keep all of my co-workers from going off the deep end already..I'm half expecting a person to randomly walk in with a chainsaw and start destroying the office.
    I'll be there around 2
    JaslinePerilunaTeaniHaven
  • SessizlikSessizlik Muffin Mage
    One week left until the funeral. I feel like crap and I 'see' my friend everywhere I turn. Thanks to youtube, there haven't been a single day that I haven't Heard his voice, but it's still really hard to deal with this. I'm sorry for not being around to much. I'm just trying tp get through the day withough Crying too much.
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    My nana's in the hospital and I didn't find out until I called my mom while I was at work, to invite her to join me for a day at a flower convention, and she informed me that I was the last to know because I didn't have a phone. When I pointed out that she could have told me over e-mail, through the roomie's phone, or facebook.. she instead told me that she wanted this to be a lesson to me. Thanks mom.
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    A lesson? At least you're not completely out of reach! Sorry about your nana.
    *hug @Piper*

PiperKerrynAryanne
  • DaingeanDaingean Xanhaal, probably.
    @Piper - My older sister pays for my little early-00-era phone specifically because I do not want/cannot afford to have one, and last time I was run over by a car, she wasn't informed until I was already walking again.

That said, everyone who knows me knows I do not like my phone, do not like having a phone, and will rarely if ever reply to calls/texts that are not work related. Many of the less determined simply get a hold of my sister and have her contact me, but I get a few bi-weekly emails from my little sister or mother and a couple others.

I think it's a total douche move that your mom did what she did, is what I'm trying to say. Sometimes, there are reasons we don't have a phone, and treating us poorly/differently because of it is.. uncool.
    Proudly fighting against Greytolia since the [approximately] 3/1/2010 at 18:00.
    KerrynErzsebetEmelleAryanne
  • Nothing says I'm ready to move out like a thermostat in the house cranked to 67 and me wearing long underwear under my pj pants. Seriously, if I didn't know better I'd think we'd run out of oil again. The only way for me to bathe today was to heat water x3 in pots on the stove and will a dishwashing tub I found in the laundry room. I can't WAIT to hear back if I got the apartment with the porch and w/d hookup (No appliances, but meh, I'll buy a washer and a clothesline if I must!)
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    oh joy, because I was in an accident, that mind you I was not the cause of, and was a hit and run accident because the other person came into my lane and hit me a few months ago, my insurance premiums went up!   Granted only 5 dollars but still, why am I getting punished for the lack of driving abilities of someone else not even related or known to me.

More so it's not like I can stop someone from hitting me if they cause the accident.  So annoyed, and time to shop around for other insurance!
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • Do you live in an at-fault state, Macavity, or no fault? I discovered this a couple years ago. In NH someone would pay for damage to my car if they hit me. Maine, we both pay our own cars. Luckily the only accidents I was in before was either me at fault (minor), black ice or deer (and really, how do you avoid those? Deer don't warn you they're coming, they just leap out in traffic.) 
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    I hate that, because of my pregnancy, I'm up 3-4 times a night. I miss sleeping the night through so bad.

So.. last night I had friends over and we got a bit goofy with my crossbow. Started to launch prisma color markers around the house only the pink one broke. My favorite pink one. Now @Lin's bedroom door is covered in pink marks and glops that I can't wash off. :(
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    I don't know if that's a MAD or incredibly funny that you crossbow painted Lin's door pink.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

ErzsebetPiperAryanneKerrynOmeiPeriluna
  • Teeth pain. :<
    imageimage
    @Daskalos Well.. I did break my marker. That's sad, right?
    Teani
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    Meyvitch said:
    Do you live in an at-fault state, Macavity, or no fault? I discovered this a couple years ago. In NH someone would pay for damage to my car if they hit me. Maine, we both pay our own cars. Luckily the only accidents I was in before was either me at fault (minor), black ice or deer (and really, how do you avoid those? Deer don't warn you they're coming, they just leap out in traffic.) 
    yeah I am not sure what Illinois is set to, but since it was a hit and run, I have no information of the other driver so I cannot go after their insurance, and have to use mine.  grr
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • DaingeanDaingean Xanhaal, probably.
    I have a stupid tiny budget right now. I'm talking $15 a week for food, okay.

That means that everything is regulated and accounted for - dish soap, paper towel, toilet paper, whatever. There's some spare of most things, so wiggle room exists, but.. gotta be careful not to run out of stuff.

My roommate has been ill the last few days [side rage: why do some people turn into whiny unicorns when they're ill? Not just sick and moaning, but gorram whiny.] and thus not leaving the house at all. So, she's been using a lot of everything, where before, at least she was at work some of the time so her use of things like toilet paper was down.

We had four and a half rolls of toilet paper to get us through the week. Between the excess she's used while home and taking -two- rolls to use specifically to blow her nose, we are down to a few squares on the roll in the bathroom, and my own single 'emergency' roll of toilet paper that I stashed away when I bought the twelve pack.

I know she couldn't control getting sick, but come. on. $5 every two weeks would cover a little more than half the cost of the toilet paper. and she uses at -least- half taking a roll every couple days to use for her nose.
    Proudly fighting against Greytolia since the [approximately] 3/1/2010 at 18:00.